Progression Reward Changes in Versus Tournaments (7/20/17)

Options

Comments

• whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    AlexxKats said:
    I should add that since this is your trial run during the off-season event, I will not be participating. make sure you count how many players won't even bother with that stupid idea, especially from the veteran land. So your "numbers" can get a bit weight.

Too bad i can't flag a moderator's post as abusing. Cause that's how this feels.
    Oh please get over yourself, not everyone is doing slice 4 that they're done after 13 matches, some of us are grinding away hopping in other slices just to try and hit 1200. 

I'm a veteran player as well and will participate in this... Not everyone shares your mindset so don't speak for everyone like you're trying to lol 
    A veteran player would know that shards 1 and 3 are almost as competitive as shard 4.    Shard 2 can even be competitive.  Shard 5 is a different story. Do you play only in shard 5 akidnamepoo? 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Please keep in mind that this is still just a test run. The developers will be reviewing the feedback after the event is over, and making any necessary adjustments after that.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 364 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby

I bet if you got rid of the skip tax, everyone would love this change. :)

Im not going to expect one way or the other. I'll try it out and see what I think then.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said
    The CP that was originally the final progression reward will be allocated to the top 10 placement ranks.

We found that there were actually more players that reached top 10 compared to 1200 points, so moving it to placement will actually end up awarding it to more people! 
    this will be great for players like me that bracket snipe at the end of the event and land in t10 with only a few wins
  • Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is almost too good to be true.  I was just dreaming on the toilet this morning, as my leg was going numb from sitting there so long on a 1300 pt climb in PVP, that it would be really great if D3 came out with another OML-esque nerf, but this time they were on a crystal meth/PCP cocktail, and that the change would be sufficiently disruptive to force me off this game.

On a related note, pretty sure I'll be able to solve our climate change issues within 3 years with all the time for researching and inventing this will free up.  So I guess a big ol' thanks to the developers for caring so much about the future of our species.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Please keep in mind that this is still just a test run. The developers will be reviewing the feedback after the event is over, and making any necessary adjustments after that.
    You heard him everyone. #Boycottdivinechamps
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dear Brigby 

Sometimes in my overcrowded PvP brackets, 2k just about keeps me in t25. I understand that this isn't good enough and I should aim to hit 3k+ to hit t10, but I feel this is a little unfair and may affect my QoL. 
    Please advise, yours faithfully. 
  • KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    It's all been said before in the thread, but the only way this is good is if MMR is busted wide open and 5* rosters can pick off everyone else easily. Otherwise, 40 matches? This is bad, and the devs should feel bad :zoidberg:
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It looks like the same 5 people I keep seeing in my queue are going to be somewhat unhappy with the double-quadruple-octuple-tapping that I'll have to do now for the 4* cover.