Progression Reward Changes in Versus Tournaments (7/20/17)

Comments

• jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Brigby said:
    maltyo9 said:
    This... Might actually be good.
    Going to be some wailing and gnashing of teeth about putting the final prog reward over to placement, but whatever
    I'm just curious as to what placement you have to get for the CP.

Brigby any info on this would be appreciated.
    The CP that was originally the final progression reward will be allocated to the top 10 placement ranks.

We found that there were actually more players that reached top 10 compared to 1200 points, so moving it to placement will actually end up awarding it to more people! 
    I don't think so. The number of people who reach t10 is, well, 10, while  a lot more go for 1200 and shield till the end. This will drastically change the number of people that get CPs.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    maltyo9 said:
    Going to be some wailing and gnashing of teeth about putting the final prog reward over to placement, but whatever

The CP that was originally the final progression reward will be allocated to the top 10 placement ranks.

We found that there were actually more players that reached top 10 compared to 1200 points, so moving it to placement will actually end up awarding it to more people! 

@Brigby , so each person gets one CP or top 10 all get 15 CP? Or Maybe 1st gets 15 and the rest get 1 because they suck and didn't win.

This seems like a horrible change. Has anyone actually tested what this would take to get 40 Wins with a 5* roster.... that is just crazy.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    jgomes32 said:
    Brigby said:
    maltyo9 said:

I don't think so. The number of people who reach t10 is, well, 10, while  a lot more go for 1200 and shield till the end. This will drastically change the number of people that get CPs.
    Seems to depend on what time slot you're playing. Slot three seems to be a raging mess with tier 5 players everywhere and scores way out of control. Slots 2 and 4, where I normally am, are pretty coordinated, with exacly 5 tier 5 players in each being the only ones capable of getting 1200 points and top five finishes.
  • dstann
    dstann Posts: 55 Match Maker
    I have mixed feelings, it does seem like a lot of wins to get the 4* cover compared to the old system but at the same time if you can spread it out over a couple of days.  I think it would be better if they reduced the amount of wins required.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    So how do you stop people from feeding with and getting wins with lower star/powered characters?
  • Mercator
    Mercator Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby the overall number of players to reach top 10 placements vs 1200 points .. did you this include the results for cl 1-5 because the players in those cl's  don't have the roster to get to 1200
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    maltyo9 said:
    This is quite possibly the worst change that has ever been made in this game.  How is one supposed to prevent another player from hitting progression rewards if we can't take away points from them?  Please reconsider this, or let us give -1 win for each time we beat a player, or something.
    Why do you want to prevent people from hitting progression?  In what way does that affect you?
    I detect sarcasm blindness.
    Nope, totally legit.  Why would I want to deny another player progression, you ask?  This game is a competition, and everyone is a potential competitor.  Why would I want to let my competitors get stronger?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    madok said:

Brigby , so each person gets one CP or top 10 all get 15 CP? Or Maybe 1st gets 15 and the rest get 1 because they suck and didn't win.

@madok All top 10 players would receive an additional 15 CP, on top of the rewards they already receive.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    The number of wins isn't going to matter. Players will spend the time to club easy teams to get there (poor seals will be smashed to dust). What matters will be the score required for top 10 placement. I don't normally reach that anyway but if it is substantially less, it will have an impact to season progress (unless that's being revamped to wins too. Please don't make 10k to 10k wins), alliance totals and top 100 alliance cutoff. 
    Testing this at off season isn't going to give a good indicator, players spend less on shields to defend their points. Don't see how else they could test this in a season though. Unless they introduce a short season (it is coming up to anniversary where they normally do a shorter season).
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    I feel like this is a step backwards, but I also feel like alot of the changes made up until this point were kind of a band aid fix.

This is either really bad for 5 star players or really good depending on if the MMR is good.