Progression Reward Changes in Versus Tournaments (7/20/17)

Options

Comments

• corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Looks like a snipers dream.

In the meantime brigby your comment about more getting t10 is funny. That must count noob brackets with 1* roster. In my brackets the top 100 put over 1200 up. So 90 people just got the shaft on cp. 

But it does make sniping and point suppression much more appealing. 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hope this doesn't turn PvP into a pve grindfest. That would just destroy the game. As it pve is such a horrible time sink.

Guess the "PvP is to hard" crowd is winning. Can we get the pve scl scaling made active then? 
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Seems potentially easy to game, but I'm looking forward to trying it out! 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ..oh and since hits don't hurt as much open up MMR, let us hit some "lower" powered teams.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    maltyo9 said:
    This... Might actually be good.
    Going to be some wailing and gnashing of teeth about putting the final prog reward over to placement, but whatever
    I'm just curious as to what placement you have to get for the CP.

Brigby any info on this would be appreciated.
    The CP that was originally the final progression reward will be allocated to the top 10 placement ranks.

We found that there were actually more players that reached top 10 compared to 1200 points, so moving it to placement will actually end up awarding it to more people! 
    About this "We found" stat you just posted.   What shards? What Matchmaking brackets?   If I am correct, you are again punishing the veteran players who play this game and recommend it to others.  There are many people, who will break 1200 points, and then not shield. Did you factor that in? Also I question your math.  40 wins at an average of 40 points a match = 1600 points.  Most people skip and look for higher point value targets.    Unintended consequences of this, is 5 stars characters are now less useful. Sell them for easier matchmaking and higher placement. You can pound the **** out of the newbs who win their first five star character, and people will.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No way, I only play about 16 or less matches to hit 900 or higher currently.
    With the new system is have to play 40 matches and win for the same rewards !? That's like 2 more hours per event 'aint nobody got time for dat!!'
    unless they open up MMR of course , please do that 
  • revizion
    revizion Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Brigby

Since we're talking about statistics, can you find out/post how many matches players fought on average per pvp? What about the average point value of wins?

Because there really and truly seems to be some disconnect here about what amount of time investment these rewards are worth; especially relative to how much time they cost before this change
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm annoyed to think I'll have difficult (i.e. health pack usage) fights from wins 15 to 40.  Some form of cupcaking will come back from this, because I'm probably gonna sandbag for some losses to queue up easier fights. 

Just like the pve change, it's like they're giving in with one resource (4* cover accessibility), while tightening the grip on the more valuable resource (CP). 
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    this sounds way better than before, but I avoid pvp in general because I find the grind a pain. being able to just play when I want to get the wins for the progression rewards I want will be nice even if 40 seems a bit high.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    So we're supposed to be happy over matches being fixed at 25 points with no losses? This better be a test that you never run again, like fixed pve points. 
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why don't we just give players all progression rewards every three days without them having to play at all - this seems like a response to people who keep crying about how pvp is just "too hard" because they're being bullied or whatever.