MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2017 Edition *Updated (5/25/17)

12345679»

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    With 3* characters, the chance of getting at least one cover as a bonus hero between now and the start of the event is pretty good. The only potential problem then is going to be opening a roster slot, and that's not a new problem for newbies.

The same (getting covers through BHs) is not the same for 4*s, which is probably part of the reason why we've been getting so many of the latests as essentials lately, but then that annoys people trying to cover or level up vaulted characters.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to using Psylocke, as I think I've only ever done so in her featured PvP, and I don't think I had her champed then. I love her in the comics, but I've always been kind of meh on her in the game.
  • Silverblade
    Silverblade Posts: 51 Match Maker
    I had 1 Psylocke cover since I started... over 6 months ago...
    Plenty of other 3*s though... but her? It's worse than 4*s for me...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    So should we just give up on ever seeing non-vaulted characters as progression/placement rewards?  Why do you guys hate us?  All we do is play your game and give you money...
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    I had 1 Psylocke cover since I started... over 6 months ago...
    Plenty of other 3*s though... but her? It's worse than 4*s for me...
    6 months is at least 4 rotations of DDQ.  No reason not to complete that if you have her.
  • Silverblade
    But I had to sell that cover because I had no place for her in my rotation. Which is Why I am complaining, I had 1 chance to have her but no place.
    It happened a while ago, like 2-3 months. Guess the RNG doesn't like to give me Psylocke...
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Make her your only bonus 3* then until the event 
  • Silverblade
    Arix90 said:
    Make her your only bonus 3* then until the event 
    Great thinking! Though with my luck...
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby Could we get the boosted char list for next week (during Unstable Iso-8)? That could help with my decision if I want to try to take on lvl 400 characters in SCL-8.
  • Arix90
    I really hope its a boss event next with vault characters as progression rewards
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arix90 said:
    I really hope its a boss event next with vault characters as progression rewards
    Nope. Boss will end up being Battle for the Cosmos.
    Galactus and Thanos are trying to destroy all existence. You have to fight them, but can you defeate them both? You'll have to consolodate your forces to take down one of them at least. Guard your Galaxy!
    It'll be Civil War style, with Thanos on one side and Galactus on the other. The alliance progress will give 3* Starlord on both sides, then Gamor4 for Thanos and Rocket 4 Groot one the other. The event LT has increased odds for the 2 new Guardian variants and only 5tarlord as the Epic.

i made all that up. Sounds like what they'd do though, doesn't it?
  • Arix90
    zodiac339 said:
    Arix90 said:
    Nope. Boss will end up being Battle for the Cosmos.
    Galactus and Thanos are trying to destroy all existence. You have to fight them, but can you defeate them both? You'll have to consolodate your forces to take down one of them at least. Guard your Galaxy!
    It'll be Civil War style, with Thanos on one side and Galactus on the other. The alliance progress will give 3* Starlord on both sides, then Gamor4 for Thanos and Rocket 4 Groot one the other. The event LT has increased odds for the 2 new Guardian variants and only 5tarlord as the Epic.

i made all that up. Sounds like what they'd do though, doesn't it?
    Sounded so real i scrolled up your profile to check if you were a mod
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Well, no info on what'll be buffed in two days... so I'm doin' SCL-7 iso 8.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Don't the buffed characters stay the same in an event, even when it's across weekly buffs?
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    It's the current list for Unstable iso. Even if was a different list you can always wait for the event in-game preview.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    edited May 2017
    Not according to the post. The weekly buffs expire on June 1st, and I think I've seen boosted characters change mid-event (apart from the essentials of course).

I could be wrong though.

The preview also states that the "This Week"  boosts expire by the end of June 1st (currently: "Time left: 2d 21h").
  • Arix90
    No boosted characters never change mid event
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Ah well. The choice's been made, I'm in SCL-7 already.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe you are getting confused with Heroics and the "reinforcements" before D3 removed character restrictions from the Heroics. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Created new discussion thread for MPQ Sneak Peek: June 2017 Edition
  • Bloody_Marvel
    jgomes32 said:
    Maybe you are getting confused with Heroics and the "reinforcements" before D3 removed character restrictions from the Heroics. 
    I'm always confused :).