MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2017 Edition *Updated (5/25/17)

Options

Comments

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I agree that it's a nice break, but the ISO cutback really hurts when you've been given a new character that you're pressured into making useful right away because they're an essential. Not only that, your odds are much lower at pulling covers of the new character from the event vault because you only get 2 subs to earn placement tokens, and not 3 or 4 like usual. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not a fan of 48hr subs to begin with because of the iso drain, but then to run it right after a boss event. Same thing last time DP v MPQ ran- it was right after gauntlet. So that's the last two times this event has ran it has been right after low iso events. The devs should look into increasing the iso gain from DP v MPQ if they are gonna keep running after low iso events
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Awww, disappointed that Coulson didn't make it into the Behemoth Burrito order.  My 1/5/5 really needs a yellow, and I was ready to drop the  to get him that much closer to completion.  
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Make whatever comes after Deadpool vs a double iso. Please D3.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like Deadpool vs. MPQ... but I might like it even better if it were 4 24-hour segments, with D-pool going "back" retracing his steps in the second 24 hours of each current 48-hour session... Because it does kind of slow down progress to have what are basically two dead-ish days.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(4/29/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Weekly Buffs, and added Marvel's article about 4-Star Rocket & Groot
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    New Rocket and Groot covers will be blue, green, and white?!?
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    New Rocket and Groot covers will be blue, green, and white?!?
    Nvm...just read the character details.  Blue, yellow, and green.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Nice buff list there. I actually have each one of those Championed. Meet Rocket and Groot should go pretty well. Hopefully, PVP will too. Man, boosted Carol and Red Hulk. Boosted X-23. And that's all I'll get to fight. Nuts.
    EDIT: Oh, and un-nerfed Carnage too. Ouch.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    is there a way to get "date" updates on the General Discussion sticky
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,326 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Hopefully, PVP will too. Man, boosted Carol and Red Hulk. Boosted X-23. And that's all I'll get to fight. Nuts.
    I have all but Carnage champed too...but let's have sympathy for players who don't have a solid (vaulted) 4* champ lineup. Now they will have a tough week.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Hopefully, PVP will too. Man, boosted Carol and Red Hulk. Boosted X-23. And that's all I'll get to fight. Nuts.
    I have all but Carnage champed too...but let's have sympathy for players who don't have a solid (vaulted) 4* champ lineup. Now they will have a tough week.
    Yeah, PVP is an awful place to get things you actually need. No Champed Epics? Top 5 is 95% not happening. Meanwhile, those without the solid 4* roster are stuck way back, probably not getting even the 3* prizes. Too bad the folks with 2/3 Champed Epics don't just get a "Congradulations! Here are your prizes." and not actually be allowed to PVP so everybody else can have a good fight.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    bluewolf said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Yeah, PVP is an awful place to get things you actually need. No Champed Epics? Top 5 is 95% not happening. Meanwhile, those without the solid 4* roster are stuck way back, probably not getting even the 3* prizes. Too bad the folks with 2/3 Champed Epics don't just get a "Congradulations! Here are your prizes." and not actually be allowed to PVP so everybody else can have a good fight.
    Clearance Level 8 should have fixed this problem, but it was such a small upgrade over Clearance Level 7, that it failed in doing so miserably. 

Maybe Clearance Level 9 (whenever it's released) will help to fix the problem. The rewards just need to be good enough that those of us with champed 5*s would be dumb to choose the lower options. Doing that should open up Clearance Levels 7 and 8 for the 4* rosters to place well. 
  • zodiac339
    Options
    CL8 should have brought the 3* rewards up out of the top 50 like it did for PVE with the top 300 getting at least 1 rare cover. PVP brackets of 500 should mean top 150 getting the rare, though even shifting it to top 100 would have been a big improvement. Many 3* players would at least be able to build the tier they're using. An earlier rare in progress (not necessarily a second rare, but shifting it to a lower score) would also help the rare users who have the CL8 available.
  • Silverblade
    Silverblade Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    With my current roster I was able to sneak a Top 50 on CL6, but even then I find monster teams that I won't even touch with a 10 foot pole...
    CL8 would help drain this CL level a bit from those people that like to prey on the weak...
  • bluewolf
    Options
    With my current roster I was able to sneak a Top 50 on CL6, but even then I find monster teams that I won't even touch with a 10 foot pole...
    CL8 would help drain this CL level a bit from those people that like to prey on the weak...
    Keep in mind:  the CL does not determine which teams you see/see you for matches. Just which players' scores you are competing with for placement.  A high score will lead to seeing other high scoring players, regardless of which CL they entered.  So yes, T50 will likely lead to seeing scary teams...assuming you are somewhere around 575 at that point.
  • Silverblade
    Silverblade Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Holy *insert expletive* I thought you only faced teams of your same CL. And yeah just shy of 575, got hammered for 50 when I was 3 away from it. Then after that was only able to stay afloat and keep the top50 ranking...
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Holy *insert expletive* I thought you only faced teams of your same CL. And yeah just shy of 575, got hammered for 50 when I was 3 away from it. Then after that was only able to stay afloat and keep the top50 ranking...
    I was mind blown by this too....
  • bluewolf
    Options
    @Brigby
    Can you check the Meet Rocket and Groot event details? The preview says it ends Sunday. Past runs were 4 days with Sub 2 being 48 hours.  Either the signup preview is wrong, or the event changed...perhaps it is 3 subs, 24 hours each.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @bluewolf

Yes, the event is going to be a 3-Day event this weekend with the sub-chapter (Luck Be a Lady) being run for 1 day.