MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2017 Edition *Updated (5/25/17)

Options

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't even remember the last time we had a boost week where I have no champed boosted 4*s.  This will be different.  I could champ gwenpool, but with a covered C4rol, that's not where I want my iso to go.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,925 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't even remember the last time we had a boost week where I have no champed boosted 4*s.  This will be different.  I could champ gwenpool, but with a covered C4rol, that's not where I want my iso to go.
    Zero 4* champs for me this week as well.  I only recently hit champ #17 so having 0-1 champs boosted happens often for me.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

UPCOMING STORY EVENTS
    Hearts of Darkness - (5/18/17) *New Update*

Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: ???

You can say it's Gamora. We all know its her, she's on the loading screen and was announced weeks ago. :) 

While I'm glad to see Hulkbuster powered up, and as progression rewards, it's gonna make the new character grind real bad.
    It'll probably update when the Marvel.com article gets posted here. Nevermind that characters are leaked well in advance, and sometimes (like Rocket & Groot and Gamora) outright announced in advance, even if everyone knows who the next character is going to be, officially they dance around it like it's some secret until the announcement is posted. It's silly, but it is what it is, you know?
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The Gamora article is now live - as we expected.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I guess I'll play the event for a shot at Gamora.  Not like that 6th Red IMHB cover will do me any good.  I think it's technically my 9th or 10th as he's gone from 5/0/0 to 5/2/3 over he past year or two.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ezrius said:
    I guess I'll play the event for a shot at Gamora.  Not like that 6th Red IMHB cover will do me any good.  I think it's technically my 9th or 10th as he's gone from 5/0/0 to 5/2/3 over he past year or two.
    And now with vaulting you'll be lucky to get any more, sad that the progression cover isn't what you need... 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So of the five boosted fourstars next week, four are strong in both black and Purple and the fifth is Riri? Well, I suppose Riri and Cloak and Dagger gives a full Rainbow of strong colors at least.

Looking forward to playing with my fully covered C&D though... The PvP loaner was very fun to play.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    And just to follow on from quebbster: 

3 members of the current 12, including one that has been available in tokens for less than 2 weeks,  plus an extremely old 4* that was generally considered trash tier and only buffed right around the time vaulting was introduced.  

And while the 5th character is a good source of damage, kate is also barely a year old and was vaulted almost immediately when that system rolled out. 

Who are players supppsed to use this week?  Top 10% vets (like many of us on the forums) with 30+ 4* champs will likely be ok (if stuck with sub-optimal teams).  But i have to imagine that there is a pretty large group of players with 10 (or even more) 4* champs and 4* mmr who will have no boosted 4*s to play this week.  Brutal.

But i am very curious to see if pvp scoring is significantly changed by the very unusual boost week.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They need to do a little bit of fidgeting over who is boosted each week just to ensure a bit more even color coverage - the timing of the releases bothers me a lot less. The one week where it was Iron Fist, IW, Iceman and Punisher was just an insane amount of blue/green users should get moved around a bit. Punisher sharing a boost week with Iceman the last two cycles has meant he's only been brought out when he's an essential. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah my week is going to look like:

Cloak and Dagger - 0/3/0 lvl 106 (boosted to ~175)
    Elektra - 4/5/3 lvl 206 (boosted to ~294)
    Gwenpool - 4/2/5 lvl 147 (boosted to ~227)
    Kate Bishop - 1/0/1 lvl 74 (boosted to ~145)
    Riri Williams - 5/2/3 lvl 131 (boosted to ~209)

So Hulkbuster will rescue me in Hearts of Darkness but otherwise I guess I'm stuck hoping for some good interactions with Elektra and whichever 3*
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

Who are players supppsed to use this week?  Top 10% vets (like many of us on the forums) with 30+ 4* champs will likely be ok (if stuck with sub-optimal teams).  But i have to imagine that there is a pretty large group of players with 10 (or even more) 4* champs and 4* mmr who will have no boosted 4*s to play this week.  Brutal.

But i am very curious to see if pvp scoring is significantly changed by the very unusual boost week.
    You stated my situation perfectly. Just champed two 4*s for a total of 17, and Gwenpool is the only champ I have boosted during this week. She can be amazing in PvE even without being boosted, but the opposite in PvP obv.
    Ironheart is fully covered, but I decided to champ Bl4de instead of her.

Elektra is decently covered at lvl 146 (4/5/3) with a 13th cover arriving in resupply a couple of weeks too late for this.
    Kate is at 1/2/4, and C&D is at 2/2/2. Dang.

The red Hulkbuster will be take him to 5/3/5, and I have another blue on the vine for 4 days, 6 hrs. Is this enough time?  :s

• shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm going to just made some red and let Riri gauntlet a bunch of people to death this week.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have Riri and Gwenpool. Yay?
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Time to take my just champed kate for a spin

riri is still at 10 cover
    c and d zero covers
    gwen pool 6 covers
    elekra 3 covers
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5/5/3 Kate, 5/3/5 Gwenpool and IM40 should hopefully trivialize everything. Would love to have had C&D as my third to use yellow and create black for Kate. 
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just hope the boosted 4* are an unfortunate coincidence and not another step in the burying of vaulted 4*.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(5/18/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and added Marvel's article about 4-Star Gamora
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Really happy that the next pve after the hunt should give a powerman red.  I will only need 1 more cover before he gets vaulted.  
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby

The Hunt - (5/21/17) *New Update*

Can we expect the second sub (Florida) reducing to 48hrs to 24hrs like we recently saw with Meet Rocket & Groot PvE?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby

The Hunt - (5/21/17) *New Update*

Can we expect the second sub (Florida) reducing to 48hrs to 24hrs like we recently saw with Meet Rocket & Groot PvE?
    Based on the start day (Sunday), I think it will run 4 days as usual to end Thursday.  24 hours would mean either a one day gap in PVE (possible) or starting a new PVE on a Thursday (unlikely? Impossible???).

48 hours means less grinding, and less iso...at least the rewards are reworked.... maybe it's a wash.