MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2017 Edition *Updated (5/25/17)

Options

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Arix90 said:
    Why gwenpool AGAIN i need vaulted covers
    As the developers have effectively reduced the size of the roster available to new players, it only makes sense for them to pick essential characters from that reduced roster more often: otherwise those new players will be at a permanent disadvantage to the older players with no way to improve their placement.

I fully expect that we'll only see old 4* characters as essentials maybe once every three or four story events from now on.  If they instead focused on old 4* characters to appease established players, that would probably be a sign that the game was no longer getting new players and was in decline.  That would be an even worse situation, even if it gave me a few more covers for my older characters.
    Really they just want to further incentives HP buys from the over priced H4H store by continuing to make vaulted harder and harder to attain. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Please keep all discussion comments on-topic and pertaining to the upcoming events. Thank you!
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Please keep all discussion comments on-topic and pertaining to the upcoming events. Thank you!
    The rewards of the upcoming events is on topic... As is discussing the recent trend of Pve rewards. Pass along that with vaulting we don't need these latest 12 characters all the time in the rewards cycle. Gwenpool was rewarded 2, maybe 3 months ago. We just had Riri, Mordo, Spider-Woman, Cage and now Gwen again! This month the only vaulted character reward was Hulkbuster. And if i had to guess Coulson is next after Gwenpool.
  • Silverblade
    Silverblade Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Deadpool Vs. MPQ - (5/25/17) *New Update*
    Featured Characters:
    4-Star: Luke Cage (Power Man)
    3-Star: Black Panther (T'challa)
    2-Star: Daken (Dark Avengers)

Seriously? Deadpool vs MPQ AGAIN!? Which is almost as bad as an event as The Simulator is...
    Mordo again? We JUST had him 2 PVEs ago...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Deadpool Vs. MPQ - (5/25/17) *New Update*
    Featured Characters:
    4-Star: Luke Cage (Power Man)
    3-Star: Black Panther (T'challa)
    2-Star: Daken (Dark Avengers)

Seriously? Deadpool vs MPQ AGAIN!? Which is almost as bad as an event as The Simulator is...
    Mordo again? We JUST had him 2 PVEs ago...
    Mordo is through PVP event, not PVE. DPvsMPQ is placment for Gwenpool.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am not sure if we just happen to be in the spot of the rotation where all the new 4*'s were due up, or if this is how it will be going foward, but I really hope it's just their turn.  It is beginning to look like the only value a non-champed vintage 4 star will bring is for their turn in the crash and behemoth burrito, and that would be a shame. 
  • Silverblade
    Options
    Luke C4ge was pvp placement on IM40s and will be essential. Same goes for BP who is placement on Sharp Dressed. So, expect Mordo not too far down the line, 1 or 2 pves away at most.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am not sure if we just happen to be in the spot of the rotation where all the new 4*'s were due up, or if this is how it will be going foward, but I really hope it's just their turn.  It is beginning to look like the only value a non-champed vintage 4 star will bring is for their turn in the crash and behemoth burrito, and that would be a shame. 
    It's not.  The rewards have been skewed towards the 12 in rotation for some time now.  7 day events with double 4 star covers have been saved for the latest 12.  The characters leaving the rotation also tend to get featured one last time before they're kicked.  This is only an estimate, but it's probably something like a 3 to 1 ratio of featuring latest to vintage, with new releases mixed in every 2 weeks.  

This is at least the 3rd time Gwenpool's been rewarded since she debuted at last year's anniversary.  Since then, teen Jean hasn't been pve essential and only very recently has Hulkbuster seen the light of day.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Yay, DP v MPQ again!!!
      *he said sarcastically*

If you open the spoiler tab on story events that one is actually still in there!!!
    Why is this story running again so soon?!?!?
    I could be misremembering but it seems like they run this a lot on holiday weekends. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Yay, DP v MPQ again!!!
      *he said sarcastically*

If you open the spoiler tab on story events that one is actually still in there!!!
    Why is this story running again so soon?!?!?
    I could be misremembering but it seems like they run this a lot on holiday weekends. 
    That's funny, I just got The Hunt for my holiday weekend ;)
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    We know from the new scaling image Coulson is next!
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Actually after unstable iso if there is a new boss event it may awards a different character from the boosted(coulsten) i hope vaulted character(s?) for boss event rewards please
  • Brigby
    Options
    *(5/25/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby has Unstable Iso-8 been shortened by a day, or will it be ending on Friday? 
  • Brigby
    Options
    @granne
    Unstable Iso-8 should be ending late Thursday night if you're in PDT timezone.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So it's a three-day event this time? Curiouser and curiouser.

I'm in the UK, so that answer required more arithmetic than my head cold wanted to allow.
  • Brigby
    Options
    @granne I'd say it's more of a 3.8 day event, but close enough :p 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,327 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unstable iso-8 has been run as a 4 day event, with the middle sub being 48 hours.  If that is 24 hours this time (changing ala Meet Rocket and Groot last time), then it will end Thursday, when PVE usually ends.  
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I see unstable Iso is up next... don't we usually get a re-run of a new boss event about a month after it's debut??
  • Silverblade
    Options
    Psylocke hasn't been around the vaults for a while, that's my impression. So as usual those who played the longest have the chance of higher scores and thus remain at the top of the rewards while newbies feed off the scrap heap. Guess it's part of the business model to force newbies into buying things...