MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2017 Edition *Updated (5/25/17)

Options

Comments

• drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    I see that it is another latest 4* (Mordo) for rewards in Story.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mordo next....man they're really shoving these newer characters down our throats. At this rate Coulson or Hobofist are probably next, before the new Gamora. 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am very pleased that the progression cover for Spiderwoman is black. I am choosing to focus on that, rather than the fact that it's Simulator, which I kind of hate, and that the next event will likely mean that I have to champ Mordo (and Quicksilver, who is fully covered but wasn't a priority because I didn't have a 14th cover).

Yay, Spiderwoman black.

*cough* Double Iso? *cough*
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    (5/11/17 - 5/18/17) *New Update*
    • 4-Star: Drax, The Hulk (Totally Awesome), Spider-Gwen, Wasp, Wolverine (X-Force)

Well, there's a motley crew of 4s if I ever saw one. 

Looks like I'll be using 4*lord, Wasp and Hawkguy for this week. 
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    That's just great, 3 latest 12 in a row. Wow, what a horrible way to plan pve rewards. We really don't get enough covers from cp/lt pulls....

Now i'm finishing Riri and will have roughly 2 weeks to champ Spider-Woman (90) and Mordo (106). So much iso.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wow.  looks like they shook up the boosted list quite a bit.  I'm aok with it because this one has way more firepower than the predicted list.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    hey trackers and such, anyone know what color that mordo will be?
    *for the event after simulator...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmm, could be fun to try the new Drax and Wasp together. :)
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It should be his black cover. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And another latest tweleve (mordo) as placement/progression award upcoming. This seriously needs to stop. We're begging for vaulting characters here.

FYI, devs. This featured two times in a pve thing so they can have a crash isn't needed anymore thanks to vaulting.

And with all the spiderwoman covers being thrust at me, clearly I'm be told by rngenus to champ her despite my best effots to wait out the three weeks until she leaves the token pool.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:

And with all the spiderwoman covers being thrust at me, clearly I'm be told by rngenus to champ her despite my best effots to wait out the three weeks until she leaves the token pool.
    Seriously..... I pull her more than the others for sure.....
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So far, it has always been the second placement when bigby lists placement, fwiw.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    • 4-Star: Drax, The Hulk (Totally Awesome), Spider-Gwen, Wasp, Wolverine (X-Force)

Wasp & Drax for me. Once you have enough blue AP for Wasp`s passive, Drax´s passive will roughly deal 2k damage per turn!
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wasp & Drax for me. Once you have enough blue AP for Wasp`s passive, Drax´s passive will roughly deal 2k damage per turn!
    Throw in Chulk for his CD and that's quite a combo with full color coverage!! 
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    smkspy said:
    And another latest tweleve (mordo) as placement/progression award upcoming. This seriously needs to stop. We're begging for vaulting characters here.

FYI, devs. This featured two times in a pve thing so they can have a crash isn't needed anymore thanks to vaulting.
    Exactly! Now that vaulting is a thing and new characters are easily available in tokens, there's no excuse to continue with the "2 times feature in a PvE" for the Crash... When they are going to realize that?
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Agreed. I think reconsidering the way a new character enters the crash rotation should be revisited now that we have vaulting. It seems the PvE schedule has been New Release > Token 12 > Token 12 > Vaulted repeat (or a variation thereof). I think it'd be way better if it was New Release > Vaulted > Token 12 > Vaulted repeat. 

Vaulting, for all its faults, made it so easy to acquire a new character's covers I don't think we should have to wait for them to be in PvE as an essential twice before they're 'legitimized.' Waiting until they've been in tokens for a full season is probably more than enough. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It would seem all weekend events are reserved for newer fourstars - either we have a new character release or it's the oldest of the latest twelve who has not yet been given out twice (Mordo right now, so expect Agent Coulson as placement reward the week after Gamora's release).

It would be awesome if all Monday-Thursday events could have vaulted prizes, but there's Another factor to consider: These prizes will be the essential characters in the next PvE, and having vaulted essential characters in a new release would probably not be well received. Thus we really only have one spot in a two-week cycle where vaulted characters could be prizes, the event after a new release.

The simplest fix is probably to abandon the "old latest twelve reward on weekends". If that could be moved to the event immediately preceding a new release that would free up Another slot for vaulted rewards. Basically the two-week cycle would look something like this:

Thursday-Monday week 1: New release

Monday-Thursday week 1: New character essential PvE, vaulted character rewards

Thursday-Monday week 2: vaulted character essential PvE, vaulted character rewards

Monday-Thursday week 2: vaulted character essential PvE, old latest 12 reward.

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Backup Plan - (5/11/17) *New Update*
    Featured Character:
    4-Star: Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2)

I hope this is as successful and fun as 5*Lord's "I Have A Plan". Looking forward to more story, more covers/tokens, and more ISO.

• UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Backup Plan - (5/11/17) *New Update*
    Featured Character:
    4-Star: Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2)

I hope this is as successful and fun as 5*Lord's "I Have A Plan". Looking forward to more story, more covers/tokens, and more ISO.

So Backup Plan will have an OMG PAYWALL?
    /s