MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2017 Edition *Updated (5/25/17)

Options

Comments

• Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Quake DDQ is almost finished.

I'm assuming Drax is next, and not Iron Fist yet.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(5/22/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yay, DP v MPQ again!!!
      *he said sarcastically*

If you open the spoiler tab on story events that one is actually still in there!!!
    Why is this story running again so soon?!?!?
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Yay, DP v MPQ again!!!
      *he said sarcastically*

If you open the spoiler tab on story events that one is actually still in there!!!
    To ease people into the five clears for max. progression?
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why gwenpool AGAIN i need vaulted covers
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I figured they'd follow a 4 day with a 7 day to get a feel for the new progress structure. It hasn't even been a month since the last DPvsMPQ. Gwenpool covers? We'll see if it's time to Champ her.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    IGwenpool covers? We'll see if it's time to Champ her.
    she's been awesome for this PVE; been using champed Gwenpool/Kate Bishop/Elektra or IM40 in non-essential nodes; Gwen's purple and green and Kate's Blue have been huge in quickly cutting down opposing teams. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This PVP has had one interesting effect. I learned Remote Control Gauntlet can remove Gwenpool's Gun. Did it twice and reported it to CS. Don't know when else we'll ever see people using Rir and Gwenpool both.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    granne said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    Yay, DP v MPQ again!!!
      *he said sarcastically*

To ease people into the five clears for max. progression?
    Maybe.... But I was really hoping for a 7day event with the upgrade to the rewards......
  • Mr_Aziz
    Mr_Aziz Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    >gwenpool is the featured 4 star for the event after DvsMPQ
    in to the trash she goes.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    IGwenpool covers? We'll see if it's time to Champ her.
    she's been awesome for this PVE; been using champed Gwenpool/Kate Bishop/Elektra or IM40 in non-essential nodes; Gwen's purple and green and Kate's Blue have been huge in quickly cutting down opposing teams. 
    Yeah, Gwenpool is a PVE-monster when she´s buffed. I don´t understand why some players still hate her!

Arix90 said:
    This is a really good question! I was also hoping for some covers of vaulted characters like Mr. F or TA Hulk. :/
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are you specifically trolling us by running DP vs MPQ AGAIN already?
    Enough with the two day subs, we need MORE ISO, not less.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It should be time for a 7days DOUBLE-ISO event :  ISO8 Brotherhood could be PERFECT!
  • Mr_Aziz
    Mr_Aziz Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    this is an embarrassment of riches for me because I have like 1000000+ ISO8. I will literally never run out of ISO at this rate unless I suddenly just have 4 and 5 star covers rain on me
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arix90 said:
    As the developers have effectively reduced the size of the roster available to new players, it only makes sense for them to pick essential characters from that reduced roster more often: otherwise those new players will be at a permanent disadvantage to the older players with no way to improve their placement.

I fully expect that we'll only see old 4* characters as essentials maybe once every three or four story events from now on.  If they instead focused on old 4* characters to appease established players, that would probably be a sign that the game was no longer getting new players and was in decline.  That would be an even worse situation, even if it gave me a few more covers for my older characters.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Arix90 said:
    As the developers have effectively reduced the size of the roster available to new players, it only makes sense for them to pick essential characters from that reduced roster more often: otherwise those new players will be at a permanent disadvantage to the older players with no way to improve their placement.

Which means we get even less of the vaulted covers. Even if they rotated normally, we would've only gotten 2 covers per vaulted character per year from PvE progression + 1-2 from 3* champs (those being the only reliable sources of 4* covers for somewhat casual players)

So much for the "We’ve already been trying to find limited ways to make these characters more available" comment in the 8 answers thread.
    Didn't realize the emphasis was on limited. :p
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, there are other ways to make the old characters available besides gating off progression rewards from new players.

They've obviously been testing various options with the heroes for hire store, and vintage heroic tokens.  I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce more options as time goes by.  Maybe a new clearance level that awards two different 4* covers as progression rewards?
  • Starfury
    Options
    Maybe at some point they should make up their minds on whether they want to continue on the path of phasing out the vaulted characters (by powercreep and/or putting an ever heavier focus on the latest 12) or create a path towards the vaulted characters.

If they continue on the current path, there comes a point where the vaulted 4* become so marginalized that adding further covers is the equivalent of throwing good money after bad money.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    See, they can't just dispose of the old characters.  For many players, roster slots are holding covers and if the devs just said "Too many characters, Venom is done" then they miss out on HP sales for roster slots with new release etc. So they have to take this hybrid of sort-of retiring characters by reducing their use/requirements to help newer players, but still keep them in essentials etc so people don't just sell them off.  Sometimes the changes in the game feels like watching Jenga and waiting for the wrong board to be pulled out and it finally comes crashing down.
  • Starfury
    Options
    I know they'll never officially do it, but right now they're totally doing it, they just don't like to talk about it.

(And I sound like a gossiping teenager :p)