MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2017 Edition *Updated (5/25/17)

Options

Comments

• Silverblade
    Silverblade Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Well, the final mission does require you to have 4* Groot...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, the final mission does require you to have 4* Groot...

I guess that's bad news if you haven't bothered to get the progression cover from Thick as Thieves.
  • Silverblade
    Silverblade Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Indeed.
    I have found that the best strategy is always aim to have a "swing slot" for pve, where you can land an undercovered hero to use in essential nodes. That always allows you to land high scores and possibly get the following required heroes.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Backup Plan - (5/11/17) *New Update*
    Featured Character:
    4-Star: Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2)

I hope this is as successful and fun as 5*Lord's "I Have A Plan". Looking forward to more story, more covers/tokens, and more ISO.

So Backup Plan will have an OMG PAYWALL?
    /s
    More nodes and rewards. Challenging and worth the effort. Got my 4*Grocket to 1/1/1 after the final reward. Very glad for these mini events.  I hope they add these more and more. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Backup Plan - (5/11/17) *New Update*
    Featured Character:
    4-Star: Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2)

I hope this is as successful and fun as 5*Lord's "I Have A Plan". Looking forward to more story, more covers/tokens, and more ISO.

So Backup Plan will have an OMG PAYWALL?
    /s
    If by paywall you mean, you have to beat all missions except the last to get the required character so that you can immediately play the last mission... sure?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,573 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Indeed.
    I have found that the best strategy is always aim to have a "swing slot" for pve, where you can land an undercovered hero to use in essential nodes. That always allows you to land high scores and possibly get the following required heroes.
    That was me for probably the first 8 months of playing. Takes time to grow a roster. Patience is the key to progression.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(5/11/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,370 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the update!  Small oversight -   The upcoming Crash of the Titans is blank....I think it's Carnage (?).
  • Brigby
    Options
    @bluewolf

Woops. Fixed that. Thanks! :#
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
    (5/11/17 - 5/18/17)
    4-Star: Drax, The Hulk (Totally Awesome), Spider-Gwen, Wasp, Wolverine (X-Force)
    Got all but Spider-Gwen champed, so me likey.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
    (5/11/17 - 5/18/17)
    4-Star: Drax, The Hulk (Totally Awesome), Spider-Gwen, Wasp, Wolverine (X-Force)
    Got all but Spider-Gwen champed, so me likey.
    Same here!! Try out Wasp, Drax, Chulk- good combo with the rework to Drax doing damage ever time a friendly CD expires
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How is 3clops already up again? Aren't there like 20 other 3*'s that should have their events before his?
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @mexus I like it, but I may be the only one. There are symbiotes everywhere, and Venom and Carnage eventually show up. Strange, C4ge and Medusa will be your best friends.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    Is Venom Bomb fun? I forgot. Is that the one with Carnage? 

Venom Bomb is annoying.. Mordo is progression.. looks like I might skip an event for a much needed break
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Looking forward to visit a sneel peak thread and see a double iso week announced. 
  • Brigby
    Options
    *(5/15/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:

UPCOMING STORY EVENTS
    Hearts of Darkness - (5/18/17) *New Update*

Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: ???

You can say it's Gamora. We all know its her, she's on the loading screen and was announced weeks ago. :) 

While I'm glad to see Hulkbuster powered up, and as progression rewards, it's gonna make the new character grind real bad.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

UPCOMING STORY EVENTS
    Hearts of Darkness - (5/18/17) *New Update*

Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: ???

You can say it's Gamora. We all know its her, she's on the loading screen and was announced weeks ago. :) 

While I'm glad to see Hulkbuster powered up, and as progression rewards, it's gonna make the new character grind real bad.
    They trolled you, it's really Drax
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why is HoD placement a ??? Unless there's a big surprise, Gamora was announced weeks ago.
    I am sadface over the boosted list. C&D is too new for most anyone (and that constant switching! I may avoid anyone who managed to Champ them), Elektra has never had priority for Champing or any ISO, Gwenpool has strength when used (but still has to sit back and wait for ISO), Kate is legitimately strong (that one, I feel bad about not getting past 5/3/3), and Riri packs a punch (a... Rocket Punch? Eh?  :*) but is a bit fragile. I guess I have to lean on Riri to get through that week. At least I wasn't 0 for 5 on the Legendaries.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kate and Gwenpool are going to carry me through this event. IM40 or Hulkbuster would make a decent 3rd. Since we're faced with a lot of wave nodes, it's a bit of a shame none of the strike tile creators/buffers are boosted.