1st World Problems - MPQ edition

Options

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sh81 said:
    SnowcaTT said:
    Probably in here many times: I have to keep buying roster slots for my 3*'s, because the first one is at 266.
    No, I have a similar one though.

I can't spend HP on roster spots for my THIRD copies of 2* anymore because I might need the HP for a HFH vault.

(Though I'm not sure which I'd actually buy... even the 2500 deal seems like a lot; I'd NEVER buy the 3600).
    Why do you have any 2* copies? 
    Right?  Seems like this problem is easily solved by just selling 1 of the 144s
    I have one at 144 and I had second copies (another roster spot for each!) I was building up as well.  Once they get to about 131 (Heroic Token), I stopped leveling them and was going to roster THIRD copies with any 6th covers going to the 131 characters.  I really didn't spend my HP on anything (don't buy vaults because I only pull twos and rarely use shields (hop in late and push for an hour and a half) so it made sense to me to keep rostering twos so that way when I need a roster spot, iso, or HP, I could sell one like money in the bank.  Seemed like a cool idea, but way more expensive than I can afford.

I ended up doing your solution, but it still hurt (hence first world problems).  I sold my 144s, and now just have 131s and dupes with a smattering of covers.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was thinking of starting a bank of 144s as well, but the release rate is so quick that I'm struggling to keep up with that alone.  Once I have all the 12 newest 4s champed, maybe then I can keep a bank of 144s to cash in for a vaulted 4* or a 5* when I need to, but I'm just not to that level of surplus yet.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sh81 said:
    I built up 2* then 3*...  So just never sold the 2* unless I had one on the vine to replace it.

As I said, Ive gone through them all at least 4 times now, nice little supply of 3* and HP.  Seems better value than just selling the covers (I know its a net iso defecit but the other rewards more than make up for it for me)

Roster spots are precious though and Id never have more than one of the same 2*!
    Exact same for me.  Once I get to 144 and pull #145 I sell the old, roster the new and keep going.  I'm really not at all concerned about selling a 2* dupe cover because of some crazy 0/3/16 build (which I have actually had before), and don't care to keep track of which characters have dupes and go in and apply covers manually and all of that headache.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    cpeyton35 said:
    When I have my finger on the tile to make a 5 tile match and Switch overwrites it with Arcane Incantation.  Happens so often I think it's deliberate.

Seriously.

This, except "matching away my strike/attack tiles that land on blue."
  • cpeyton35
    cpeyton35 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    cpeyton35 said:
    When I have my finger on the tile to make a 5 tile match and Switch overwrites it with Arcane Incantation.  Happens so often I think it's deliberate.

Seriously.

Ha!  It IS a conspiracy!   ;)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    banks of 144s works better when you're hoarding for a group of latests and glorious 12 coverage happens slower.  that's what I'm doing.  up to 19 144s (but one is bagman and he doesn't really count).  when I start pulling i'll be selling them to champ 4s that others already have covered and champed (like avenom and Coulson and clagger).  I prefer
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All this talk of banking your 144s.... Maybe having max-championed characters should somehow score you interest, like in a real bank? A bit of extra ISO and HP each day to make it more valuable to keep then, instead of just immediately selling them to start up a new max-champ clone.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    cpeyton35 said:

Seriously.

This happens all the time, not necessarily on a match5, but just my next match. I swear the game knows where your looking...
  • cpeyton35
    cpeyton35 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    cpeyton35 said:

Seriously.

This happens all the time, not necessarily on a match5, but just my next match. I swear the game knows where your looking...
    Nice to know it's not just me (sorry, misery loves company and all that!).  It's frustrating in a "Hey that's not really fair" kind of way.  

Like Jarvind pointed out, often it drops that blue tile in a spot where it gets matched automatically.  Don't recall EVER seeing that happen when a Goon CD tile comes on the board.  Or any other characters CD tile for that matter.

All that said, Switch and 5* Thanos still kick the tar out of most wave nodes so, yeah,  1st World Problem.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have another relating to Switch's Arcane Incantation tile, when she is on my team it feels like that tile always spawns to either make a match, is on a side, or worse in an corner.....
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime said:
    1st world problems I just pulled my 13th Thanos cover and have 5 Mordo covers dying on the vine.  To champ them both I just need 550k 750k ISO.  
     No reason not to champ Mordo first. Just hold off pulling more until you have enough iso that pulling a 14th Thanos won't hurt too much.
    I forgot to mention I also had a 14th Thanos cover.  I ended up to champ them both by grinding down the prologue to get to another clearance level to champ my Thanos in time for my push in PVP
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    cpeyton35 said:

Seriously.

Yeah, or you know what else happens?

Instead of SWitch nonsense, some damn fool countdown tile BELOW that match 5 I'm eyeing somehow just conveniently hit 1 turn remaining...

90% of the time it's my own Recharge tile that's the culprit, too!
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Two characters with 13 covers and need 365k for both of them, two covers due to expire in 12 days 
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    KFloppy said:
    Davidw said:
    When you have 450,000 ISO and nothing to spend it on.
    I have over 1 million since January...but we can talk again when I get my first 13-covered 4*.
    Make room in the boat. Not complaining but yup, yesterday I realized the same thing. A ton of ISO and no one needs any? A great what the fudge conundrum.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Makes me wonder if vaulting actually helps the ISO shortage in it's own strange way. Mmmm
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Marine8394- Not really, it just focuses the ISO needs. New characters are still coming every two weeks and you occassionally get covers for older characters too.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    cpeyton35 said:

Seriously.

If there's a match I really want, I've started habitually moving my mouse to any other possible match than that one.
  • MrCrabby
    MrCrabby Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    On my phone and want to change the character I'm targeting but instead constantly bring up the characters info screen.
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Have 6 covers for a 4* in the queue waiting to champ, then suddenly getting enough covers to champ a different 4* but you don't have the iso-8 to level the character.