Army of One - Punisher - Apr 21 - Apr 23

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    So, umm, I have just the same five guys in my queue now.

And they all post in this thread.
    I was about to say the same thing.. Funny you are the one who wrote that as you are in my queue with copps .. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I guess with our retal war (which I seem to be getting the better points from - suprised that you keep coming back at me) I am another one of those 5? Does that mean that my 141 pun, 141 hood and 128 cmags is the easiest team of those 5 to beat?

Im seeing you a lot but only for 25 points so im gonna leave you for now (pretty sure I have only retaliated against you so far but I may have started it? only ever gonna hit 5 blue spidey if the retal wont leave me worse off!! (just hit WYP instead (S.H.I.E.L.D do not need the points!!!)
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Ghast, I could have sworn I saw you in my bracket yesterday at 900 at some point. But now I don't see you anymore. What happened? Did you put in a tank team?
    Ghast's MO is to get up as high as he wants, then retreat his way down to the bottom of the bracket, and then go up again, leaving forumites with points for those retreats.
    Thanks for the answer. So I guess I can still kiss my dreams of winning the bracket goodbye.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Locked. Look what you did. There are hoods URRYWHERE. I'm leveling mine up right now. I want to go to there
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Next step: make Loki popular

somehow

But I would really run Patch/Punisher/oBW in your place, Patch is sure harder to kill than the Hood. Ares/Punisher/oBW work great too.
  • I usually run Patch whenever I can, but with Punny boosted to 212, I feel Patch is kinda pointless. His red is useless because Pun takes Red and green tiles from him, so he only has yellow tiles to himself. Heck, if you're running maxed Hood as well, Patch won't own any tiles. As for green, Pun's is safer, cheaper and the difference in strike tile power is pretty insignificant with Punny being 212.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Options
    I've been running punisher, bp, obw. Then I throw in patch while im away so people will leave me alone.

Hood, obw, and gcap are proving very entertaining in pve though. And like you said, hoods just fun
  • I just started last night, so most of the Punishers I'm seeing are in low-mid double digits (I think the highest level I fought was a 60-something). Mine's 85th level, boosted to the high 120s, and I'm running him alongside 85 Ares and 85 OBW (subbing 84 CMags or 84 Hood for OBW in when I take a break). I haven't been attacked a single time yet, though I'm only at about 425 points so far.

Whatever they've done to MMR, it seems to weigh things much more strongly in favor of fighting people at your approximate tournament point level. That's got its advantages and disadvantages. Whenever I've hit 700-800, I generally only see teams much stronger than me for fewer points, making it hard to find worthwhile matches. On the other hand, getting to where I am has been easier than it ever has been except when I've been able to get the seed teams. The new method may push a lot of people to the middle.
  • K, I'm shielded at 1117, exactly 300pts above #2. Feel free to attack me if I'll be in Your queue.

My ISO farming in this tourney just ended, time for Lightning Rounds!
  • Doragon... I seeeeeee yooooooou

lol I was considering retaliating but it's not worth the health packs I'll have to use after the battle, maybe if I see you in the last hours of the battle I'll strike and shield up. I'm just hovering at 500pts and waiting to push up later.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well damn, at 1000 the free ride ended. Got up to 1060 then got dinged for 40 from some people at 600 twice and never recovered.
    Shielded at 996 now and annoyed - got hit for 22 while I clicked that stupid confirmation button.
    200 up on 2nd, but I would have preferred to get to 1100.
    Grrr.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited April 2014
    Options
    ^ You probably don't need that black Punisher, I'm sure, and 200 pts cushion is very disheartening to most people. If there are crazies in your bracket I think you would have known by now.
  • locked wrote:
    You probably don't need that black Punisher, I'm sure, and 200 pts cushion is very disheartening to most people. If there are crazies in your bracket I think you would have known by now.
    Too early. and Black Punisher means another 500 ISO.

I planned to shield at 1000, but just when I reached 1000 I won on defence for 20pts so decided "ah, what the hell" and with only one disturbance (I'm looking at You, Chimaera) I reached 1101. And just when I was shielded, same guy lost to me again so finally it was 1117. And just won again for 8pts.

tc5434 is pushing a bit, so if You happen to get him in queue, be good to Your moderator and smack him icon_e_wink.gificon_twisted.gif
  • Haven't been trying too hard in this Event. Just got to the Full Clip Token at 300. My reactions

"Come on, Punisher..."
    -See it's a 2 Star Pack-
    "Not Bagman, Not Bagman, Not Bagman..."
    -It's an Original Black Widow-
    "Woo. I'll take that."
    -See it's a Black Cover, taking mine to 3/5/4"
    "Woo hoo!"

I like this event. icon_razz.gif
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got my token, open it, first token in the last 5 pvp events to give me a 3*, IT'S A PUNISHER!

...red cover, and I have him at 2/3/5.

Doh.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    You probably don't need that black Punisher, I'm sure, and 200 pts cushion is very disheartening to most people. If there are crazies in your bracket I think you would have known by now.
    Thanks, that's what I needed to hear icon_e_smile.gif

Just doing this for the Baglady, so a bit annoyed to not have her erm... bagged by now.
    But with this ending at a Euro-friendly time I can watch my bracket at least and react if I have to.
  • Making my push tonight and dropping an 8 hour shield so if any of you guys see me... wait till like 6 hours out to hit me! icon_lol.gif
  • I'm crying in laughter over this PvP event.

As a semi-gag, I've been running the Pun/OBW/Hood combo (not even maxed) to hilarious results. I've never seen such a violent personal whiplash in event before. I'm swinging 200 points in a random direction every 30 minutes or so for the last 5 or 6 hours now.

I have no idea what the maximum number or retaliations are, but if there is no cap, I have at least 50 retaliations built up for this evening at this point. icon_lol.gif
  • I don't know why, but they do go away. I tanked yesterday and lost about 30 matches, but there were only 3 red nodes today. As soon as one cleared, it was back to normal nodes. Maybe it clears every x hours or something except for the top layer? Does anyone know?
  • Managed to find beatable teams to 907 and shielded, brought me to #4 at this point. Jachdo at #2 with 1140 and few people right on my tail already.
    Kinda brings me back to the event where I won my iw with 677..
  • Arogntbastrd
    Options
    Doragon wrote:
    Doragon... I seeeeeee yooooooou

lol I was considering retaliating but it's not worth the health packs I'll have to use after the battle, maybe if I see you in the last hours of the battle I'll strike and shield up. I'm just hovering at 500pts and waiting to push up later.

It was actually pure coincidence you came up in my node. When I wrote that I was referring to you in my bracket. I'm going to shield later tonight for the rest of the tourney so after that, have at it