Army of One - Punisher - Apr 21 - Apr 23

Options

Comments

• Another iso grind PVP for me.

First place still brings home 5500 iso after cover sales, not a bad haul for a two day event.

Who do I need to bribe at D3 to get some Lazy Thors... I know if I just buy them, they'll immediately do a back to back event handing him out as the prize.

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... 1398049355

So now You're gonna put this pic in each and every of Your posts?
  • Fingers crossed for Hollowpoint or another Widow-themed event soon. A newly attainable GSBW cover at 1100 sounds pretty nice right now.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Another iso grind PVP for me.

First place still brings home 5500 iso after cover sales, not a bad haul for a two day event.

Who do I need to bribe at D3 to get some Lazy Thors... I know if I just buy them, they'll immediately do a back to back event handing him out as the prize.

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60 ... 1398049355

So now You're gonna put this pic in each and every of Your posts?

Yup. If I can scroll through nine paragraph whine-a-thons, you can scroll through my grining Sam L.
  • Toxicadam wrote:

]

I couldn't wait, I've been spending all my HP on buying his covers. I've bought 3 green and 1 yellow thus far.

Only have enough for two covers at the moment.... going to 1/4/4 doesn't seem like it will move the needle much. Guess I'll save up until I can at least max out yellow and green and if he still hasn't made an appearnce as a reward then I'll pull the trigger. They're really testing my patience though.
  • Toxicadam wrote:

]

I couldn't wait, I've been spending all my HP on buying his covers. I've bought 3 green and 1 yellow thus far.

Only have enough for two covers at the moment.... going to 1/4/4 doesn't seem like it will move the needle much. Guess I'll save up until I can at least max out yellow and green and if he still hasn't made an appearnce as a reward then I'll pull the trigger. They're really testing my patience though.

LT is "featured hero" in The Hunt, which makes his appearance as a Versus reward highly unlikely until the event ends. Still sucks though, as this is a mighty test of patience... icon_e_confused.gif
  • Punisher + OBW + Hood (lvl 110 at 543) is working very well and so far I've won 50% times on defence. Hood is really underestimated and is great combined with 355 OBW, who thx to Hood can out of nowhere heal or steal more AP.
    Drawbacks:
    * Espionage only working on Purple
    * If I lose Punisher on defence, it means gg.

Though I was able to win two fights on offence when losing Punisher in the midgame phase (2 opponents left). Stealing + healing + massive amounf of dmg from Intimitation (around 800.... icon_e_biggrin.gif ).
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Punisher + OBW + Hood (lvl 110 at 543) is working very well and so far I've won 50% times on defence. Hood is really underestimated and is great combined with 355 OBW, who thx to Hood can out of nowhere heal or steal more AP.
    Drawbacks:

Though I was able to win two fights on offence when losing Punisher in the midgame phase (2 opponents left). Stealing + healing + massive amounf of dmg from Intimitation (around 800.... icon_e_biggrin.gif ).
    Up to 600, got attacked twice so far - 27 and 23 points on defense with the same team (but maxed Hood).
    Thought to maybe sub Magneto in overnight for OBW, but I'm curious to see what'll happen.
    It's so nice to have 3 chars again to play with after those two '2 chars and a useless LazyCap/torch' tourneys.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    It's so nice to have 3 chars again to play with after those two '2 chars and a useless LazyCap/torch' tourneys.

Well, there was Hulk... And that was a torture.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Doragon wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

Well, there was Hulk... And that was a torture.
    Oh, yeah. Already forgot about that.
    Well, there's useless due to not being levelled... and then there's Hulk and Daredevil.

On another note... over 1000 already, Emeryt, really? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bowgentle wrote:

Ooh, fun! I'll start my push now too.
  • Bowgentle wrote:

Two reasons:
    1. 87cIFaK.jpg
    2. y4OfNPh.jpg

I got into this retaliation war mid900 and finally I needed to swich my OBW to Patch to make it stop. Looks like it works, as no one attacked me for past 15minutes.

Too early for a shield though, I think I'll farm some more ISO. Already was able to get CMags (got his Blue today from dailies, so he's at amazing 411) from 41 to soft cap at 56. And earlier Hood went from 102 to 110, but I think I'll max him soon.
  • I'm farming iso - thought I'd just keep going until I was attacked. Made it to 1012 over a leisurely hour or two before I got hit at all!

Feel free to take points off me, I'll climb again tomorrow
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

Two reasons:
    1. 87cIFaK.jpg
    2. y4OfNPh.jpg

I got into this retaliation war mid900 and finally I needed to swich my OBW to Patch to make it stop. Looks like it works, as no one attacked me for past 15minutes.

Too early for a shield though, I think I'll farm some more ISO. Already was able to get CMags (got his Blue today from dailies, so he's at amazing 411) from 41 to soft cap at 56. And earlier Hood went from 102 to 110, but I think I'll max him soon.

It's a shame you can't get guaranteed Mags covers anymore from LRs... A 5/x/x Magneto is a real asset in PVE with ability to generate costless AP from match-5's and capability to overwrite any goon tiles. Makes a nice pairing with 3/5/5 Punisher and 3/5/5 OBW for efficient node clears.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Punisher + OBW + Hood (lvl 110 at 543) is working very well and so far I've won 50% times on defence. Hood is really underestimated and is great combined with 355 OBW, who thx to Hood can out of nowhere heal or steal more AP.
    Drawbacks:

I'm running the same team. Had an early defensive loss when I was around 300 (-6) and a nice defensive win (+33) while I was at 500. I'm now at 600, which is enough for now.

I love the massive AP denial, and it fits the name of the event: Punnybunny really is a One Man Army, being the only offensive guy in the team.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just lost to a Lvl 60 Punisher, Lvl 85 Thor, Lvl 85 OBW on the 6th move turn. I had a lvl 141 punisher, lvl 70 hood, lvl 85 OBW

1.) I match red to get a black too, done
    2.) They cascade to I don't know what they got 15 red, 18 purple, 55 enviro, 16 yellow, 12 green, 13 black, 10 blue
    3.) I make a green match
    4.) I eat everything, Lightning strike, Cots, molotov, retribution Punsiher, OBW down Hood 550 left
    5.) I match blue and get a yellow too
    6.) Dead
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I love the massive AP denial, and it fits the name of the event: Punnybunny really is a One Man Army, being the only offensive guy in the team.
    But oBW double dips on strike tiles (at least on purple if Hood and Bunny are leveled), and Hood can deal some damage himself. Have you seen Hood's crit multiplier? It's divine, I mean demonic. I effing love that trio, even Intimidation + Molotov can be comboed well.
  • I'll probably run 141 Punisher 141 Patch and 85 OBW. That seems to do well for me. I have a 141 IM40 I could sub for OBW, but I feel like nobody is really afraid of IM40. I know I'm not. He takes forever to get going so I just take out everyone else then use Patch's red on him.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    locked wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    But oBW double dips on strike tiles (at least on purple if Hood and Bunny are leveled), and Hood can deal some damage himself. Have you seen Hood's crit multiplier? It's divine, I mean demonic. I effing love that trio, even Intimidation + Molotov can be comboed well.
    Yeah, I'm always hesitant to make matches with Hood, then I remember that a yellow match 4 with a crit does about 1200 base damage.
    OBW and Hood are awesome, I've never gotten so many defensive wins.
    Of course high level teams can beat me, but I guess I'll be getting a lot of skips while I'm under 1000 - I know _I_ would skip myself icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bowgentle, what level is thy Hood?
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Bowgentle, what level is thy Hood?
    141, as is right and proper.

Maxed him yesterday or the day before since letting him sit at 133 seemed stupid since I'm constantly using him.