Options
Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
Placeholder. Punisher tournament.

Comments

• Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    There are so many high level punishers that this tournament is probably going to suck
  • Kelbris wrote:
    There are so many high level punishers that this tournament is probably going to suck

Only if the rewards are worth fighting for. It won't be Falcon this early.

If the rewards suck, as they suck in Hot Shot, then we could just coordinate entry times on the forums and create an Über Bracket. 30+ forum heavies and 470 bewildered spectators.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:

Only if the rewards are worth fighting for. It won't be Falcon this early.

If the rewards suck, as they suck in Hot Shot, then we could just coordinate entry times on the forums and create an Über Bracket. 30+ forum heavies and 470 bewildered spectators.

Could you imagine 20th place having 900?
  • that'd make a lot of people cry.
  • I guess this means it has been too long since they have run an Elite Tournament.

I can see us hitting the tail end of a bracket whose earliest entrant fought his way to 624 and triumphantly purchased a 24-hour shield...
  • Ghast wrote:
    I guess this means it has been too long since they have run an Elite Tournament.

I can see us hitting the tail end of a bracket whose earliest entrant fought his way to 624 and triumphantly purchased a 24-hour shield...

That was kinda me, in the Hulk tournament recently. /shameface
    I'm still not quite sure why I shielded so early. Probably because until recently a score of 400-500 was very good for me, and I was in the mid 600's and...and...I really should have paid attention to the fact that scores overall have been going up lately. Went from 3rd to about 48th by the end of the tournament because I was too scared to unshield again.
    Oh well. I still got one Hulk cover out of it (and the alliance one too, I guess).
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    I guess this means it has been too long since they have run an Elite Tournament.

They are probably still debating if they dare make a Elite Tourney with alliance rewards, or if that would be the straw that causes people to really get the pitchforks.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A Devil Dinosaur cover to the commander of the alliance that comes in dead last. In case of a tie or more than one commander, no prize.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    Ghast wrote:

That was kinda me, in the Hulk tournament recently. /shameface
    I'm still not quite sure why I shielded so early. Probably because until recently a score of 400-500 was very good for me, and I was in the mid 600's and...and...I really should have paid attention to the fact that scores overall have been going up lately. Went from 3rd to about 48th by the end of the tournament because I was too scared to unshield again.
    Oh well. I still got one Hulk cover out of it (and the alliance one too, I guess).

I had to do a similar thing in the Hulk PVP, but it was above 900 points. I didn't plan on playing much Friday night when the event ended...so I played all Thursday night, got to 931 and shielded at 12:05am for the rest of the event...ended up in third.

I'll just be trying to help the alliance out in this one.
  • As the team of buffed Mr Rogers + Punisher + OBW worked more than fine in the First Avenger tourney, I think I'll give it a shot and try it with buffed Punisher this time.

Or... Not really. Punisher's red will be doing probably similar dmg to Rogers' red, so he's becoming obsolete. So... Hood maybe? would be a good reason to get his to lvl110.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    As the team of buffed Mr Rogers + Punisher + OBW worked more than fine in the First Avenger tourney, I think I'll give it a shot and try it with buffed Punisher this time.

Or... Not really. Punisher's red will be doing probably similar dmg to Rogers' red, so he's becoming obsolete. So... Hood maybe? would be a good reason to get his to lvl110.
    Punisher/Hood is what I'll be running when I'm not speedkilling with Patch/CMags, haven't decided on a third yet. Maybe really OBW for maximum annoyance.
    My LazyCap is too low to be useful, else he'd be a nice option for blue/yellow.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I will run oBW/Punisher/Hood as well. If tough opposition, Spidey/Punisher/cMags.
  • I hope they give away some BP covers
  • Grazzt wrote:
    I hope they give away some BP covers

I want some Lazy Thors
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    Grazzt wrote:

I want some Lazy Thors

Seriously, where the heck are the lazythors. I've been considering spending 5k hp to get him up to max from his current state, but it's just too much hp to spend on something that should be released somewhat soon.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    Grazzt wrote:

I want some Lazy Thors

Seriously, where the heck are the lazythors. I've been considering spending 5k hp to get him up to max from his current state, but it's just too much hp to spend on something that should be released somewhat soon.
    A thousand times this.
    I've been waiting for LT covers forever.
    I seriously thinking about buying the covers, but since I'm missing two in both green and yellow... yeah, not gonna happen for the reasons stated above.
  • I'll add my name to the list of people wanting LazyThor. Mine is only 2/3/3, while Shieldbro, who was released later, is cover-maxed.
  • I would like to rename this Army of Pun.

BOOM! That. Just. Happened.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    GSBW covers...bummer for me. This is definitely a help the alliance event.
  • Blue IW cover... oh boy.