Army of One - Punisher - Apr 21 - Apr 23

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    OBW and Hood are awesome, I've never gotten so many defensive wins.
    Of course high level teams can beat me, but I guess I'll be getting a lot of skips while I'm under 1000 - I know _I_ would skip myself icon_e_wink.gif
    I guess people get confused and try to take out Punisher first while oBW and Hood rob them blind. Or they target oBW first while Hood robs them blind. Or they target Hood first while oBW robs them blind. SOMETHING FISHY DEFINITELY HAPPENS THERE OFFSCREEN. What I wouldn't give to see how my own Hood/oBW/Punisher fare on defense icon_e_biggrin.gif (getting some wins too).
  • I find the only way to reliably battle Hood/OBW/Damage Dealer teams is to stun Hood and kill off OBW. So, I bring Spidey to do that.

Hopefully, (when they nerf him) Spidey doesn't lose the ability to keep one opponent stunned at all times.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Bowgentle, what level is thy Hood?
    141, as is right and proper.

Maxed him yesterday or the day before since letting him sit at 133 seemed stupid since I'm constantly using him.

Are you seeing a difference at 141? My Hood is at 130 right now and I'm wondering how high he should be on my list of characters who get my ISO.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    It's a shame you can't get guaranteed Mags covers anymore from LRs...

Tell me about it, my classic mags looks stupid with his 5-2-0 build.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Bowgentle, what level is thy Hood?
    141, as is right and proper.

Maxed him yesterday or the day before since letting him sit at 133 seemed stupid since I'm constantly using him.

Are you seeing a difference at 141? My Hood is at 130 right now and I'm wondering how high he should be on my list of characters who get my ISO.
    Apart from more health not much difference, no. But I like having chars I use maxed, so I can concentrate on others.
    And since I'm getting a _lot_ of ISO while waiting to finally get some LT covers I thought why not.
  • I think there is much more to 141 Hood than hp (350 hp difference between lvl130 and 141*) - it's intimidation (no, not the power). honestly, when I see maxed Hood in enemy's team I usually skip, unless I know I can take him down fast.

*350hp is usually 1-2turns of stealing more, so nothing too shabby either.

And really - when I read about people winning on defence, it is usually with Hood in team.
  • A question as a newer player... The last few pvp events Im seeing a ton of really high level teams (while I dont have 3 lvl 85s yet), I already got my 300 point token, should I let myself get beaten down the rest of this event? I have no use for a single GSBW cover from a progression standpoint. Would it be an effective enough tank?
  • So, umm, I have just the same five guys in my queue now.

And they all post in this thread.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    And really - when I read about people winning on defence, it is usually with Hood in team.
    True story.
    I wiped ON OFFENSE!1!! with 5 blue Spidey (!!) on enemy Hood, Hulk and someone else (LT I think, he was mostly irrelevant though) because I actually had enough blue and was all smug about myself while killing their Hood leisurely. Oh sure they got 9 green, nothing to worry about yet. Don't stun the Hood, save your blue AP!
    Idiot.
    The Hood steals that one green AP from you, their Hulk smashes your Spidey to bits, you lose. lol. Yes it was my own recklessness but hot damn.
  • My Hood is only 130 atm, but all my iso is going to him atm. He should be 141 before the Hunt ends.

I would definitely skip a mirror match though. 4000 HP may not seem like a lot, but eating through that while you are losing all your AP to both Hood and OBW is painful. Also, you'd better not let Pun get 8 green, because those strike tiles hurt a lot, so the clock is very tight.
  • tc5434 is climbing again. I guess he won't do as good as before, as his Punisher is lvl73 at 354.

I was attacked by Slobofix - the consensus is he's not a cheater, right? Cos when I look at this maxed IW all I think is "one day...".
  • Ghast wrote:
    So, umm, I have just the same five guys in my queue now.

And they all post in this thread.

I've been getting mmr islanded a lot more recently, I've noticed. I'll frequently start seeing 4-5 people exclusively, all 40-50 levels higher than my guys. I can sometimes shake it up a little by tanking elsewhere, but a few times I've just gotten stuck and stopped trying to advance in the tournament as a result.
  • no problem ghast - have your retal queued for when you've finished your climb

I got hit by slobofix too, but if I had his roster I'm not sure what there is left to play for?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    tc5434 is climbing again. I guess he won't do as good as before, as his Punisher is lvl73 at 354.

I was attacked by Slobofix - the consensus is he's not a cheater, right? Cos when I look at this maxed IW all I think is "one day...".
    You might as well report good ole Slobo once again for good measure, but I think he has been reported already and is still around.

After getting from 711 to 898 almost exclusively on defensive wins I guess my luck ran out, down to 825 now. But it'll be fun to make a serious run tomorrow with 24 hours to go so I can shield up afterwards. No need to play with a slower team to avoid attacks while climbing this time icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • no problem ghast - have your retal queued for when you've finished your climb

I got hit by slobofix too, but if I had his roster I'm not sure what there is left to play for?

Fire away. Just hit 1100 and I am burnt out for the afternoon.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    tc5434 is climbing again. I guess he won't do as good as before, as his Punisher is lvl73 at 354.

You might as well report good ole Slobo once again for good measure, but I think he has been reported already and is still around.

After getting from 711 to 898 almost exclusively on defensive wins I guess my luck ran out, down to 825 now. But it'll be fun to make a serious run tomorrow with 24 hours to go so I can shield up afterwards. No need to play with a slower team to avoid attacks while climbing this time icon_e_biggrin.gif

I still have a way to go on my hood but I'm gonna try CMags, hood, pun. Lets see how many people ask for an OBW nerf after this tourney since it appears most are running hood and/or OBW.
  • I have a retal in my queue from someone who already hit the 1100 mark, never before have I seen that high less than a day in. I would really like to know what they did to the matchmaking and scoring. Idling around 600 myself.
  • cmags is good for taking down hood/OBW - target hood, collect red & blue to use cmags powers as soon as (Hood can't steal if you've spent them!). And deny OBW purple and keep them off the board so Hood can't steal them.
  • I love facing low hp guys. OBW gets one shotted whenever I see her, you can fight me back I'll hit you over and over again till your run out of health packs for her lol. Hood however is a different breed you have to count those tiles on the board constantly
  • So you guys are having good luck with hood and obw? I was thinking of taking my lazy cap up to 141 and having him, hood and punisher but cap is only at 90ish right now so not sure If I want to waste that much iso. Maybe I'll just throw in Obw... I just think people will sleep on lazy cap and if he can get his blue/red off the AI is not bad at using it...