Army of One - Punisher - Apr 21 - Apr 23

Options

Comments

• Tough decision, shielded at 982 and currently at first place in my bracket. The second place is 806 also shielded

Kinda want the black punisher cover as my punisher is at 4/5/2 (where is the RED!!!) But i know the best build should be 3/5/5. If i keep my shield on, I should be able to get first place and grab the GSBW covers (currently she is 4/3/4). That would complete her at 5/3/5!!!

What do you guys think, any advise? Should i take the risk? Or the black cover isnt worth the risk as it is kinda useless to me (i already have 4 black)
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    ^ Imo not worth the risk, my guess is that you do not have 3 juicy matchups for 40 points each lined up, and if you don't have the kind of roster and a ton of boosts available to speed through several matches faster than you can be attacked, you might lose more points instead. If you were shielded at 1050 or something, would be worth considering.

As for me, I'd really like not to shield again but my MMR seems sucky after all the LR grinding. Some boring Spidey/Hulk teams from ScarFighters have found me in their queue and taken 40+ points off me. I only want a relaxed top 10 though. With the sub closing at the same time, hopefully can sit unshielded with a cushion above 11th, but if you think that a good reason to attack me, I will find ya icon_razz.gif
  • jefip wrote:
    Tough decision, shielded at 982 and currently at first place in my bracket. The second place is 806 also shielded

Kinda want the black punisher cover as my punisher is at 4/5/2 (where is the RED!!!) But i know the best build should be 3/5/5. If i keep my shield on, I should be able to get first place and grab the GSBW covers (currently she is 4/3/4). That would complete her at 5/3/5!!!

What do you guys think, any advise? Should i take the risk? Or the black cover isnt worth the risk as it is kinda useless to me (i already have 4 black)

5 black is massively better than 4 and allows you to add the needed plus levels. So it definitely worth having. Though you'll need 2 shield jumps -- covering the distance at once will not likely work. Also depends on your party, it must be fast-kill, not the attrition type.
  • repronaz wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    So, umm, I have just the same five guys in my queue now.

And they all post in this thread.
    I was about to say the same thing.. Funny you are the one who wrote that as you are in my queue with copps .. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I guess with our retal war (which I seem to be getting the better points from - suprised that you keep coming back at me) I am another one of those 5? Does that mean that my 141 pun, 141 hood and 128 cmags is the easiest team of those 5 to beat?

Im seeing you a lot but only for 25 points so im gonna leave you for now (pretty sure I have only retaliated against you so far but I may have started it? only ever gonna hit 5 blue spidey if the retal wont leave me worse off!! (just hit WYP instead (S.H.I.E.L.D do not need the points!!!)
    i must say i got a lot of fun for the back and forth retaliation.. i make this event just for isos and alliance purpose.. so i keep coming at you until i got to go.. i reach the 1100 pts treshold and just leave it at that.. anyway that was really great.. hope we'll have another of this bidding war.. icon_mrgreen.gif
    Im enjoying it too to be honest so more than happy to have a slapping match whenever we can. Especially if we have similar points like his and its a UK friendly finish as then I wont use shields for the entire event.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Thanks to this tourney and some LRs, my Hood is now lvl123 and I plan to reach his soft cap at 128 by tomorrow (oh last Blue, where is thee?*). He's one of those heroes that really make a difference - the AP just keep on flowin' icon_e_smile.gif

*he is, beside Punisher, the only char I bought a cover for. and it was totally worth it.

I'll be in the cinema by the time Army of One ends (hopefully at Winter Soldier) so I won't be able to correct my rank in the last minutes, but I feel rather secure.

btw. anyone seen Snowpiercer? is it worth it? I have rather high demands for action movies, so take it into consideration icon_e_smile.gif
    watched it online (about 3/4 way through) while doing the washing up and that much was okay. Not sure I would pay to see it but happ to watch it for free - Will finish it tonight probably
  • Look game, I am just not capable of beating beezer's 212/141/141 Punisher/LT/BP team, nor am I going to go after this maxed Punisher/Hood/Lazycap team that will only give me 18 points. That is why I am spending ISO to skip them.

I cannot believe that d3p is spending their time making even more new alliance structures and game modes and fiddling with their scaling and rubberbanding when **** like the Ares sunder bug and "you only see 3 people no matter how much you skip" MMR are still in the game
  • I shielded before I left for work at 756, #3 in my bracket. From the sound of things, I may have lucked out, bracket-wise. I had figured the noon end time would keep me from top ten, but I'm less sure, now - I need multiple green and purple covers, but no reds.

In any case, if I turn up, feel free to attack me, but I may break shields in the closing minutes if I I can get home for lunch in time and it would make a difference.
  • gamar wrote:
    Look game, I am just not capable of beating beezer's 212/141/141 Punisher/LT/BP team, nor am I going to go after this maxed Punisher/Hood/Lazycap team that will only give me 18 points. That is why I am spending ISO to skip them.

I cannot believe that d3p is spending their time making even more new alliance structures and game modes and fiddling with their scaling and rubberbanding when tinykitty like the Ares sunder bug and "you only see 3 people no matter how much you skip" MMR are still in the game

Don't you upvote that beezer you bad penny piece of **** icon_e_wink.gificon_razz.gif
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I shielded before I left for work at 756, #3 in my bracket. From the sound of things, I may have lucked out, bracket-wise. I had figured the noon end time would keep me from top ten, but I'm less sure, now - I need multiple green and purple covers, but no reds.

In any case, if I turn up, feel free to attack me, but I may break shields in the closing minutes if I I can get home for lunch in time and it would make a difference.

You and I are in the same bracket. I'm currently holding #1 but I'm not even at 900 and I cannot go ANYWHERE. I skip forever and all I hit are 3x141s, I've been tanking MMR in lightning rounds and nothing has changed. I've probably spent 200-300 iso per match won trying to skip and find someone suitable. Eventually I just gave in and used some boosts to bump up a little bit. Really just going for top 10 because I want two GSBW covers, so #1 is up for grabs, I won't be able to fight for it.
  • farlus wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I shielded before I left for work at 756, #3 in my bracket. From the sound of things, I may have lucked out, bracket-wise. I had figured the noon end time would keep me from top ten, but I'm less sure, now - I need multiple green and purple covers, but no reds.

You and I are in the same bracket. I'm currently holding #1 but I'm not even at 900 and I cannot go ANYWHERE. I skip forever and all I hit are 3x141s, I've been tanking MMR in lightning rounds and nothing has changed. I've probably spent 200-300 iso per match won trying to skip and find someone suitable. Eventually I just gave in and used some boosts to bump up a little bit. Really just going for top 10 because I want two GSBW covers, so #1 is up for grabs, I won't be able to fight for it.

I usually hit that wall at a certain point - I wasn't quite there, yet, but usually hit it by 800. I think the MMR has changed slightly to factor in tournament points more, especially at higher tiers. Unless you've got 141s or can at least beat 141s (my highest is 85, though I have a bunch of 85s) you're eventually going to hit a wall where you can't really advance.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mid trying to play last night my innanet said NO. so I spent a second night unshielded but this time with obw instead of patch partnered with BP and super pun.

Luckily I actually gained points from attacks so no harm no foul.
  • Shielded. If I took points from you, come on and grab'em back now.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I shielded as well, my matchups are mostly ridiculous with lower scores to boot at this point and I hate skipping. My ISO. Miiine.
  • Do the devs have a fetish for releasing patches during the end of events?
  • Oh... what the tinykitty????

Why in the **** did they have to take the servers down in the last hour of two events to install the Season coding? (which I saw from a split second)
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    Oh... what the tinykitty????

Why in the **** did they have to take the servers down in the last hour of two events to install the Season coding? (which I saw from a split second)
    Seems so - http://i.imgur.com/hqo0j17.png icon_lol.gif
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Oh... what the tinykitty????

Why in the **** did they have to take the servers down in the last hour of two events to install the Season coding? (which I saw for a split second)
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugh, my events have disappeared entirely. Seriously, why the tinykitty do they do this kind of thing? They know everyone is on the game the last hours of an event.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Do the devs have a fetish for releasing patches during the end of events?
    Just as I find a bunch of matches I can actually compete in too....
  • I'm in shock that this would happen in the closing moments of the tourny. What gives?