anyone found “view active topics“ yet?
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is killing my eyes :(
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well this will take some getting used to :)
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I liked the old theme forums because it had links to selected pages for topics on both topic and main subforum page. This is hard to navigate and I'm finding it hard to care enough to read and post.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I only ever read the forums on mobile, and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep doing it, because in their current state I'm finding them almost impossible to navigate and use. The old forum was ... not attractive, but at least you could see what you needed to. This doesn't seem attractive or useful.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've been using BB code for almost 20 years, and WYSIWYG makes me want to cry. Most of the new features seem unnecessary, and at least one was there all along. You could always get to the first unread post by clicking the icon at the left of the thread title.

On mobile, at least, there doesn't seem to be any indication of how many pages of discussion there are, beyond what page you're reading at the time.

I'm sure there's some way to find which threads I've posted in before, but I haven't found it yet. Ugh. Just, ugh to the whole thing.

Maybe I'll get used to it. Maybe I'll stop reading.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I don't care for the new layout at all; having the categories and "who's online" on the right, instead of the bottom, means that as you scroll down the page, you end up with a big chunk of useless whitespace to the right. That's just plain bad design.

On another item, how do you delete a draft message? I started to post a message in another thread, decided not to, but every time I go to that thread now, my unposted message shows up as a draft. I tried deleting all the text but when I went to the next page, it just came back. Kind of annoying.

EDIT: Never mind, found it. Finally. Only to discover that the "Comments" section of the user profile no longer links you to the relevant thread. That's a strange loss of functionality.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby: When I try to edit my Weekly Buffed Characters post, when I save it tells me "Body is 67464 characters too long."  Is it possible to turn off the post size limit (or extend it)?   If not, I have to delete lots of old history from that post, and with no character count on the screen it will become trial and error every time I edit to figure out if I'm going to be hitting the limit.

Also, I would like to add my voice to the "Please add SSL to the site" list. Whenever a site is asking for a login and password (and is storing email addresses) you're just asking for people's logins to get hacked without SSL.  All it takes is for that user to log in from a non-safe location (like a free Wi-Fi hotspot, where a hacker could be watching/recording any unencrypted traffic) for someone's account to be compromised.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    In the Signature, it counts all the characters (even the characters in a short url link... it counts all the characters in those super long links even though they are hidden)

I really want that button back that takes you back to the top of the screen!

When giving feedback (like, lol, insightful, etc) the old forum grayed out the icon to show that you already gave feedback to that post... it doesn't do that here.  I've accidentally removed my like to a comment thinking I'm adding a like.  Can that come back?

Duplicate posts do seem to be an issue for some people, how do we flag duplicate posts?  Right now there is just Spam, Abuse, Report... do you use the Report choice?

On my profile page what do Visits and Points mean?
    Username, Joined, visits, Last Active, Roles, Points, Posts, Badges.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Please eliminate the giant banner and "featured posts".  When you land on a page any real content is now way below the fold thanks to these screen hogs.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    SO
    MUCH
    WASTED
    SPACE
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hey Everyone. We're slowly going through each of your comments one by one and seeing if we can immediately address any issues on our end. For those that we can't, we'll be bringing it up with the designers and engineers today.

Thanks for all the feedback!
    @Brigby, I believe the old forum has been taken down prematurely. 

For the dozens of guides and reference posts in the Events and the Tips and Guides sections, all of the links to other forum pages are now broken. Updating those links requires finding the new link to each page and editing appropriately. 

But when you click on a link to a post in the old forum, you get a "this page does not exist" message, so you can not even tell which page it was. EDIT - Or worse, now it looks like all attempts to open old pages redirect to the new forum home page. That's really unhelpful. 

Even for people who just want to update their bookmarks, it can be difficult to find the new URL for each page for the reasons listed above. I can't even tell what to search for in the new forums to find half of my bookmarked pages, since I'm being redirected right away. 

Please check if it is possible to put the old forums back online (read only) for a few weeks at least so that the references to useful content from the old forums can be updated more easily. 

Thanks, Brigby! 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    At first, I couldn't read full posts by @Brigby or at least link back to where he actually posted them:

But then I realized I needed to highlight the text to see the links to his messages.

Is there a reason why the links to the previous threads are white on white? Can we make them colored so that I don't need to highlight the text?

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So did they completely get rid of the character shields to insert into comments, or am I just not seeing them?  I rather liked those.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    need to also add navigation at the bottom... instead of having to scroll all the way back to the top...
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't use this forum, it's unreadable. It hurts my eyes, just trying to read the updates to the April thread took me about 5 minutes. Most of the useful information I used to come here for is gone or unreadable. I don't mind change but this feels like a 1999 forum.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nice, thanks to the new forum I finally could activate the account I registered three years ago.

The old forum steadfastly refused to send activation mails to three different adresses.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Options

@Brigby thanks for the reply.  Other things I've noted:

More Good:

• I like when I'm typing I can use Windows standards like Ctrl-B, Ctrl-I, and Ctrl-U to turn on/off bold, italics, and underline.  I've been using those shortcuts for decades, and that was one thing I always hated that didn't work in the old forums.

More Bad:

• There's no back to top button on the bottom of the page.
    • Sometimes when I click the next page button at the bottom of a page, when I go to the next page, I'm at the bottom of that page, and have to scroll back to the top to start reading.
    • There used to be an "go to first unread messages" link near the top (and also, I think near the bottom) of the page, near where it shows you the thread's page numbers.  I know clicking on the original link will take you to the first unread, but most often I like first purposefully clicking on page one so I can re-read the OP to refresh my memory of the thread's topic, and then clicking the go to first unread message.

And also...

• What are the badges for?
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There certainly are some problems with the new digs. It took me a full five minutes to find where message drafts live. Add my voice to the "want a 'go to first unread post' button" and "too much wasted space" groups, too.

As the only guy around who likes the color scheme, please don't change it, or at least leave an option. Light colors make my eyes happy. Not sure why everyone else is some kind of bat...

The text editor is fantastic, especially when putting together long posts. But I've noticed that the editor scrolls out of view when typing up a lengthy post. Is there any way we can have it stay in one place and/or just have a scrollbar for the actual text window?

Oh, and please give us back the option to ignore certain forum users. I'm getting grumpy having to see certain people's gibberish after being blissfully unaware of it on the old forum.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Personally I feel there's far too much unused space on the left and the right. Almost looks like a mobile site while on desktop. I'm not sure if the mobile version does anything different.

The background itself is also a strange mixture of grays with geometric shapes in it. Not exactly the best to pair with the white text boxes or anything you're going to be seeing out the corner of your eyes. May be less of an issue if there was less space over there.

Font feels a little small and again gray. Just doesn't pop to me.

Posting system is great.

Visually it just needs work.

Edit: And it's a touch annoying to scroll down past the featured and MPQ logo each time I want to look at a new thread. If it can be moved outside of subtopics, that would be wonderful.
  • Sykobanana
    Sykobanana Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Cannot pm anyone because of the bottom banner being waaaaaaaay too large

Polls dont work/show up and neither do images on previous discussions like on the "posters"