PSA: Welcome To Our New Forum!

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @DeNappa
    'Active Topics' is something I will definitely add to the list to discuss with the designers.

@OJSP
    As of right now, we unfortunately do not have a 'Foe' feature. This is something we are currently discussing with the designers on.

@Khanwulf
    If you go to my profile, you can see a Comments button on the right-hand side. At the bottom of my profile, it will show all of my comments. Unfortunately the links to the threads are currently white font on white background, but they are there, and can be visible when highlighted.

@Ezrius
    Unfortunately those icons were not something we were easily able to migrate over. We're still discussing internally on how to provide those icons without them as emojis.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Is there a way to turn off the drafts feature? It is annoying and I certainly don't need to save a draft of my comment 3 times before I hit post comment.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ducky said:
    well they removed the "lol" and "offtopic" votes. right when I started using offtopic as a downvote in many cases. :(
    And that's exactly why it was removed. People were abusing the features and using them in ways that were not intended.
    I understand that reason for 'Off Topic' but how was the 'LOL' being abused? If the post is funny, then you check that. 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    How do we edit polls? Also it is possible to increase the maximum number of options and the number of votes per person? 10 is not enough for the season 10 pack pulls
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Ducky said:
    well they removed the "lol" and "offtopic" votes. right when I started using offtopic as a downvote in many cases. :(
    And that's exactly why it was removed. People were abusing the features and using them in ways that were not intended.
    Then why not have a dislike option. Afraid of criticism?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Appreciate the change in text colour. Thank you! 
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Alsmir said:
    Ducky said:
    Then why not have a dislike option. Afraid of criticism?
    It was abused before and would likely be abused again. Someone give you a dislike and you don't appreciate it? Dislike all the things!

Yea, let's not open that can of worms.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    granne said:

I can see how persisting draft messages could be really useful, but can there please be a "discard draft" button?
    Seconded.  That annoyed the heck out of me today.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    My feedback after nearly two weeks with the new forum.

Pros:
    • the pictures for each user
    • readability has improved since the color was changed from grey to black
    • the whole forum has a more modern appereance

Cons:
    • no reputations
    • no character icons or any other game related icons
    • no chance to colorize your texts
    • practically each user guide is now useless since the links aren´t valid anymore
    • you can´t jump to an other users comment by clicking them on the main page
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    @OJSP Thank you! I found that approximately ten minutes ago, when it happened to me again. I'm sure there are others who were bothered by it that hadn't found that feature yet, though, so thank you. On mobile, you need to go to your profile page to get the option, though, which is probably why I hadn't noticed it until just now.

I don't know if it was answered before either, as, to be honest, I gave up reading the thread.

Still not enjoying the new forums, fwiw. Another annoyance of the day: accidentally hitting "mark all read" and finding that it marks the whole board as read, not just that subforum, without asking for confirmation. I didn't even want that subforum marked read, and certainly not everything. Gah!
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    How do you discard a draft of a comment? It's really annoying to see the comment box filled with text whenever I check a thread I'd started to write a comment on but stopped because I didn't think it would add much. I've tried deleting the text and clicking the Save Draft button, but that did nothing.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    How do you discard a draft of a comment? It's really annoying to see the comment box filled with text whenever I check a thread I'd started to write a comment on but stopped because I didn't think it would add much. I've tried deleting the text and clicking the Save Draft button, but that did nothing.
    Might want to scroll up 3 posts, because this is pretty much literally the question that the poster directly above you thanked OJSP answering for. :mrgreen:
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    granne said:
    Another annoyance of the day: accidentally hitting "mark all read" and finding that it marks the whole board as read, not just that subforum, without asking for confirmation. I didn't even want that subforum marked read, and certainly not everything. Gah!
    I came here to mention this "Mark All Read" as well.  I don't know what used to be in that spot in the old forum, but I've clicked it two different times now trying to go back to the General Discussion page... and accidentally marked all threads as read.  Then I throw my arms up in the air and give up for the day because I'm frustrated.  Not sure why it's even there and why in that spot.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    My feedback after nearly two weeks with the new forum.

• no chance to colorize your texts
    • practically each user guide is now useless since the links aren´t valid anymore
    You can add color to text, but you have to switch over to the HTML editor. Here's an example for red text.
    <font color="#FF0000">Heavy Metal</font>
    This is excellent feedback though, because there is no documentation for the HTML editor. So unless you already knew HTML, this can really feel like removal of basic features when compared to the old forum.

There is a way to get the old links to work. You need to get the thread number from the old URL, and then add it after http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/
    That does mean that someone will need to go back and update the links, which still means the guides are pretty much dead.

Can the character limit for post be raised? There is a lot of detail in a lot of threads that has been lost because the post were truncated. And even though I tried to rebuild the post with the Crash of the Titans history, some of the functionality was lost because I had to break up the thread into several posts.
  • cheshyre
    cheshyre Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Is there any way to reverse the sort order of a thread, like I could in the old forums?

I used to have a bookmark to the "Deadpool Daily Quest - Randomized Matchup Thread" with a reverse sort, so it always displayed the most recent response at the top.
  • Khanwulf
    Khanwulf Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    If you go to my profile, you can see a Comments button on the right-hand side. At the bottom of my profile, it will show all of my comments. Unfortunately the links to the threads are currently white font on white background, but they are there, and can be visible when highlighted.
    @Brigby - thanks, this does help! Notes for the forums developers however:

1. The font color is not helpful, as you've observed. Blue on white would be fine, following normal hyperlink format.

2. It would be helpful to include the forum as well as the comment thread. For example I'm not terribly interested in the MTG discussions. 

--Khanwulf
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    hey guys, i cant find the freshly added "show active topics" link...
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Man, the 90s called and want their styles back.

After a couple minutes of tinkering with the site styles in Chrome, I made the discussions look not so bad. 

Why can't the site designers tweak the CSS for the love of pete.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    still no active topics button.
    don't write something which might get you banned don't write something which might get you banned don't write something which might get you banned don't write something which might get you banned don't write something which might get you banned 

seriously.