PSA: Welcome To Our New Forum!

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interestingly, in IE 11 there's no gear displayed in the category, I had to switch to Chrome to get to it.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pretty sure switching from IE to anything is always the best option.

My work just upgraded us from IE 8. And XP. I'm in a whole new world of the internet working again.

Of course they failed to backup anything and I've lost every single file I use.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    granne said:
    Pretty sure switching from IE to anything is always the best option.

My work just upgraded us from IE 8. And XP. I'm in a whole new world of the internet working again.

Of course they failed to backup anything and I've lost every single file I use.
    Unless you're logging a Cisco Server GUI. ACS, Wireless Access Manager, WAAS, ETC. :disappointed:

***Consildated multuple posts by @therightwaye . Please refrain from posting consecutively in the future. - Ducky

I just noticed that with all the post moves, General Discussion is like the same four Posts with thousands of views constantly cycling to the front. You know in case you've missed it the last six months.

• Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I miss the old forum lay out and the forum generally. Used to be ( for me ) a great place to go to for general banter and to pick up the info you needed. I can’t quite put my finger on why I don’t like the new one but it all seems so convoluted now. I’ve gone from looking at it 3 or 4 times a day to only every other day to see if there is some new news. My employer thanks you for the change ……………………..i however am miffed.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yoik said:

I miss the old forum lay out and the forum generally. Used to be ( for me ) a great place to go to for general banter and to pick up the info you needed. I can’t quite put my finger on why I don’t like the new one but it all seems so convoluted now. I’ve gone from looking at it 3 or 4 times a day to only every other day to see if there is some new news. My employer thanks you for the change ……………………..i however am miffed.

Can you maybe stop using a different font from literally _everyone_ else on the forum?
    That small print is extremely irritating, up to the point where I don't even read what you post anymore once I see the small font.

• Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why is there a limit to how many people I can ignore?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alsmir said:
    Why is there a limit to how many people I can ignore?
    To make you choose wisely, I'd imagine.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Bowgentle said:

Yoik said:

Can you maybe stop using a different font from literally _everyone_ else on the forum?
    That small print is extremely irritating, up to the point where I don't even read what you post anymore once I see the small font.

Is this better? I didn't intentionally select a text in the first place. I've just typed. Hopefully it is and you have a better day
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    My main gripe with the new forum is the post editor. It's plain awful:
    • Sometimes your cursor gets locked in the quote and you have to go into HTML view to enter some empty lines at the end
    • Shift-Ctrl-Arrow doesn't select a single word but the entire line
    • You often get an empty bold/italic tag stuck at the end of your post which means if you use backspace suddenly you're typing in bold again.
    • If you don't want to quote a whole post, it's a pain to edit without screwing up the nested quotes.

Also, pretty much every other forum allows you to get a notification if someone's quoting your post. Here, you only get notified if someone @ mentions you.

Maybe less posts would just disappear and die in the various subforums, if people actually had a way to get notified if someone tried to talk to them.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Starfury said:

Also, pretty much every other forum allows you to get a notification if someone's quoting your post. Here, you only get notified if someone @ mentions you.
    Or if you quote someone who has @ mentioned you. Or if you quote someone who has quoted someone who has @ mentioned you. Or...
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was hoping we would have gotten character icons by now (yes, I know there's a list of link tags that I can copy and paste, but we shouldn't have to, should we?).