Upcoming Character Change to Wolverine (Old Man Logan)

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal said:
    tiomono said:
    Here is my take on the old man. 

I am in my early 4 star transition. I have several champs and am trying to get more of the stronger ones added in. My highest level one is level 273. I think I have 7 of them champed.

My old man is 270 2-2-0. I just went through my first 4 clears on hearts of darkness using Logan, black suit spider (who is at 1-2-2 lol 255) and my 3 star Dr strange. I subbed out spidey for the essentials. I did not use a single health pack. Let me say that again I did not use a single health pack. That was doing 4 clears on every mission (2 on wave nodes) with no break. 

While champed he may not be the best of the 5 stars. But you cannot convince me he does not need toned down a bit at early levels. He allows you to breeze through parts of the game while taking no damage. That by definition is o.o. you cannot convince me otherwise.
    By your logic, everyone you used for those 4 clears are over powered because you didn't need a health pack... I guarantee you OML didn't tank every color.  So you are calling for a nerf to any character that can absorb damage?  Any healer can have that impact.  Any burst healer can have that same impact.  Your Dr. Strange was healing everyone else every time his passive went off as much as OML was healing himself.  OML was only keeping himself alive, Dr. Strange was keeping the rest alive.  Your logic is as flawed as the dev's.

Oh, and my OML is level 270, 3/4/0 and only valued at 8000 iso and 1 token.  7 5* covers = 1 5* token?
    Strange was absolutely pulling his weight and black suit was tanking all colors for him. 

But seriously he is the strongest 5 with only a few covers. Nobody else even comes close. Like I said champed he may be middle of the pack but at low levels and covers he is the undisputed king in 5 star land.

No other 5 has been as sought after as much for the early 5 star transition. He is hands down the best at what he does, saving healthpacks and chewing up missions at low levels. 

The people saying he is not overtuned also are saying they only use him on every seed team and all the easier missions in pve is to save healthpacks. No other character can do that on his level. He is overtuned at early levels and low levels. If one character is always the answer to a mission they need tweaked.

We do not even have the numbers for this change and people are going apey.

Tldr: he was too strong at early levels with few covers. 
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    tiomono said:
    JVReal said:
    tiomono said:

I am in my early 4 star transition. I have several champs and am trying to get more of the stronger ones added in. My highest level one is level 273. I think I have 7 of them champed.

My old man is 270 2-2-0. I just went through my first 4 clears on hearts of darkness using Logan, black suit spider (who is at 1-2-2 lol 255) and my 3 star Dr strange. I subbed out spidey for the essentials. I did not use a single health pack. Let me say that again I did not use a single health pack. That was doing 4 clears on every mission (2 on wave nodes) with no break. 

While champed he may not be the best of the 5 stars. But you cannot convince me he does not need toned down a bit at early levels. He allows you to breeze through parts of the game while taking no damage. That by definition is o.o. you cannot convince me otherwise.
    By your logic, everyone you used for those 4 clears are over powered because you didn't need a health pack... I guarantee you OML didn't tank every color.  So you are calling for a nerf to any character that can absorb damage?  Any healer can have that impact.  Any burst healer can have that same impact.  Your Dr. Strange was healing everyone else every time his passive went off as much as OML was healing himself.  OML was only keeping himself alive, Dr. Strange was keeping the rest alive.  Your logic is as flawed as the dev's.

Oh, and my OML is level 270, 3/4/0 and only valued at 8000 iso and 1 token.  7 5* covers = 1 5* token?
    Strange was absolutely pulling his weight and black suit was tanking all colors for him. 

But seriously he is the strongest 5 with only a few covers. Nobody else even comes close. Like I said champed he may be middle of the pack but at low levels and covers he is the undisputed king in 5 star land.

No other 5 has been as sought after as much for the early 5 star transition. He is hands down the best at what he does, saving healthpacks and chewing up missions at low levels. 

The people saying he is not overtuned also are saying they only use him on every seed team and all the easier missions in pve is to save healthpacks. No other character can do that on his level. He is overtuned at early levels and low levels. If one character is always the answer to a mission they need tweaked.

OML isn't the full reason. You can use any champed 5* to stomp through seed teams and trivial pve nodes and take almost no damage. It just so happens that like everything else lately, the best solution is always thanos, and the best sacrifice to take with him to grind easy nodes was oml.
  • RtW
    RtW Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I have only 2 yellow covers of oml and he only heals half of what he used to heal.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Not only was the sell back rate bad from what they originally announced but they actually nerfed it further. You get less Iso and they changed it from the original token every 30 levels beyond 300. So now my 390 OML with 9 covers would net me 4 tokens instead of 5.

I guess they saw how excited we are on the forums and thought they were being overly generous.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    The buyback is terrible. Selling my 452 for 8 random 5star covers? Really? #sad
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    They just updated his new stats along with Elecktra and Carnage Nerf here http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63002/power-gem-season-updates-updated-4-6-17/p1

• Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Die Hard - Passive

BEFORE AFTER
    Power Level Level 255 Level 450 Level 255 Level 450
    1 219 - 193 -
    2 263 - 232 -
    3 307 1233 270 1089
    4 350 1410 309 1245
    5 394 1586 347 1400
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Hendross said:
      BEFORE AFTER
    Power Level Level 255 Level 450 Level 255 Level 450
    1 219 - 193 -
    2 263 - 232 -
    3 307 1233 270 1089
    4 350 1410 309 1245
    5 394 1586 347 1400
    The Before is Per Ally including him. (triple that amount)
    That after is PER ALLY (not counting himself, so double it), if he is standing alone... No Healing AT ALL.

• Syleye
    Syleye Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    yep they want this to get washed away. such a bad move.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Would have been awesome if they would have addressed PVE scaling before this lovely change. Using OML as a tank was one of the few ways I could actually use 4*s that weren't boosted. A single boosted headbutt can almost kill any non-boosted 4*. 
  • WRIGHT3OUS
    WRIGHT3OUS Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Thanks for forcing me to sell my favorite in game character. I'm so pissed...
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Does anybody have the numbers for the Living Legend nerf?  I hate the Die Hard nerf, but Living Legend is gonna hurt too.
  • Milamber42
    Milamber42 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    So, in the announcement regarding the need for changes to OML, they said "if you have feedback on character rebalances, such as this one, please let us know"
    What is the point, D3, if you won't engage in conversation with the community about these changes?  Exactly when do you think you can do so? Would it change anything?
  • tiomono
    edited April 2017
    cyineedsn said:
    tiomono said:
    JVReal said:
    tiomono said:

OML isn't the full reason. You can use any champed 5* to stomp through seed teams and trivial pve nodes and take almost no damage. It just so happens that like everything else lately, the best solution is always thanos, and the best sacrifice to take with him to grind easy nodes was oml.
    Ok. Take a 4 cover thanos with only 2 of his powers at level 270 and see if you can do your first 4 clears on all missions of a Pve  without using healthpacks. I am not saying at champ level Logan is best. I am saying at low levels and at few covers no other 5 star comes close to logan.
  • Echoseis
    Echoseis Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    This as with anything is a litmus test. If they can get away with this, and the fallout isn't too bad, they know they can do whatever they want...

• Tenaciousdecaf
    Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker
    edited April 2017
    Echoseis said:
    This as with anything is a litmus test. If they can get away with this, and the fallout isn't too bad, they know they can do whatever they want...

They already figured that out when they nerfed 3* Spidey. 
  • tiomono
    cyineedsn said:
    tiomono said:
    JVReal said:
    tiomono said:

Ok. Take a 4 cover thanos with only 2 of his powers at level 270 and see if you can do your first 4 clears on all missions of a Pve  without using healthpacks. I am not saying at champ level Logan is best. I am saying at low levels and at few covers no other 5 star comes remotely close to his power.
  • Milamber42
    Milamber42 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2017
    Well @Brigby, you're online. Any insightful words of wisdom from D3?

Edit: well, he was online, and not prepared to put any word in here as yet.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Agree with so many posts above. It is super insulting that my level 300, 10 cover OML is only worth 24k ISO and 2 five-star tokens. Seriously?? I'm done with VIP or any additional purchases until things change around here. It will be nice to have a little more free time. Thanks for nothing D3.

//Removed Profanity - Brigby