Upcoming Character Change to Wolverine (Old Man Logan)

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Syleye said:
    Still waiting for one of them to get a spine admit they made a mistake and fix it. Until then speaking with my pocket book and that includes the others in my family that play.

Unfortunately you may have to wait a long time for this. There has been many unpopular Changes in the history of the game and few if any have ever been reversed.
    Unpopular and wrong are not equivalent, in any case.
  • Milamber42
    Milamber42 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Well, the Apple Store reviews have dropped from 4.5 to 3.5 average in the last 24 hours. I'd certainly encourage others to continue to advertise what the developers are doing to the game and long term players.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Well, the Apple Store reviews have dropped from 4.5 to 3.5 average in the last 24 hours. I'd certainly encourage others to continue to advertise what the developers are doing to the game and long term players.
    Gave my first review of the game in 3 years of play today in the Google Store, myself. 1*. Liked every review that mentioned the change in a meaningful way. Don't have customers chase a shiny prize with some spending more than I make in a year to then tell us that we use said prize too much and then make it a shiny pile of poo. Unethical in my book. 

Took a 6 month break because of the introduction of 5*'s and saw the writing on the wall for where the meta was going - pay to win. Probably going to take another "break" now and doubtful if I come back. 
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    Syleye said:
    Still waiting for one of them to get a spine admit they made a mistake and fix it. Until then speaking with my pocket book and that includes the others in my family that play.

Unfortunately you may have to wait a long time for this. There has been many unpopular Changes in the history of the game and few if any have ever been reversed.
    Which ones have been reversed? I can't seem to remember any other than when they were doing all of that PVE testing, but then nothing along the line was made as "permanent" it was all testing until the landed on what we have now.
  • WRIGHT3OUS
    WRIGHT3OUS Posts: 60 Match Maker
    I doubt they reverse it or even care. The forums exploded with outrage when they announced it and they still went through with it. In the end it's about making money and the major whales rarely used oml anyway so they will keep spending. 
  • krak0
    krak0 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Just WOW at this changes. Elektra is a bit better, but Carnage my god. We all know why you decided to butcher him he works to good now with some of your new characters. The red change is good but the black why would we ever spend AP on a skill that hurts us, and of course you lower the green because with no special tiles on the board it just becomes a board shake. And OML yea ok you had to power him down because he is the only 5 star that is effective at lower levels. The compensation is insulting to the amount of time money and luck most have invested into him. If you have more than one usable 5 star this won't hurt you to bad or at all. Make no mistake sooner or later it will affect you this shows they have no idea of what they have planned for  the future of the game. They value quantity over quality and will change any character they want to make way for new characters.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    If it makes anyone feel better I was just able to destroy a bunch of OML without breaking a sweat now. I never considered it too much a problem before. But PvP was a slice of cake if they had OML. Sorry OML, you are the weakest link.
  • WRIGHT3OUS
    WRIGHT3OUS Posts: 60 Match Maker
    OML has always been easy in pvp. 
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    The nerf on OML itself isn't as harsh as I had feared, I know it hits low cover OML harder, but honestly, that was broken and should have been fixed a long time ago...

However, I think the compensation for selling multicover OML is pretty insulting.  Half the covers and ISO?  Why do you get to keep the other half for your mistakes and changes?  Why is the player base punished for your rebalance?  You really missed an opportunity, if you would have done this in an equitable way, to diversify the 5* landscape.  Instead, you've effectively cursed players who have to rely on OML to be competitive.
    Pretty much how I feel.  I don't think the nerf is that bad, I did definitely get tired of seeing his as often as I did in PVP and think the nerf was somewhat justified.  I hope that people who lean to heavy on one set of characters try to mix it up although there are definitely issues with that at the 5* level since you are gated by RNG giving you what you get.  At the lower tiers though I think Peggy and IM40 users (and I used both a lot) need to give serious thought to mixing up their teams more lest those two characters become as highly leaned on and in turn get the nerf bat.  

The compensation is really the one sticking point where I think they got things really wrong.  Should have been a straight up 1:1 trade in.  You have a 1 cover OML, you get one token.  You have an unleveled 4 cover OML you get 4 tokens.  You have a champed OML you get back 13 tokens plus one for every champ level.  Only because it is so difficult to build a 5* because of the inherent luck involved.  
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Changed my review to 1*.

It's well within their perogative to rebalanced the game, however extreme that may be.

But you also have to fix the underlying problems that made OML a crutch and if you're going to set fire to this much time, effort, and actual cash money of so many players your compensation can't be a joke.
  • Milamber42
    Did everyone just get a token with a "Thanks for sticking with us" message? I immediately came here hoping to find a "sorry, we farked up" message... can't find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Buddy of mine didn't. Thought it was because he didn't play for all the days but he also doesn't have the Wolvie so that may be it.
  • Milamber42
    I feel I owe some level of apology to D3, as the publisher, as you are not initially responsible for these changes.  Presumably though, you do have some level of influence with the developer - demiurge - being a stakeholder in the game's success.

Either you and/or Demiurge feel that this controversy will blow over, that the reaction to the nerf and level of compensation is overblown (I obviously don't think so), that players can be bought off with an additional random 5* token, or you are intending on fine tuning the nerf to pull it back just a little... (hey, I can hope!)

Either way, some communication would be appreciated. Having seen the response from the community, is there anything further to communicate?
  • VazzVegas
    VazzVegas Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    I'm leaning towards selling mine for the token and the roster spot. But if i spend 90k iso to level him up, I'd get 2 tokens. You guys think that would be worth it? The randomness of the reward is what is keeping from pulling the trigger.
  • Sykobanana
    Sykobanana Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    RNG is never kind
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Ok, D3, you want feedback on this character rebalance?  It SUCKS!!  I don't use my OML that often because I am keeping him at a level no higher than my highest champed 4* (which just so happens to be X-Force Wolverine) and only used him if I hit a particularly difficult match (mainly in PVE).  So he was used to win 10% of matches.  SO TINYKITTY WHAT?  What is the big deal?  Why is 10% such a grevious number?  Does anyone on the dev team have the big brass ones to give us a straight answer?  I doubt it.  Even with this, I will not sell him for two reasons.  I have him at 12 covers (3/4/5) and was just waiting for that elusive 13th cover so I could start the ISO hoard to champ him but with what you did, I'll put the ISO elsewhere for now.  2nd, your offer for compensation is simply adding insult to injury.