Upcoming Character Change to Wolverine (Old Man Logan)

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is tragic.  Even with two additional teammates, OML (at my lvl 457) will only be able to regain about 320 health the turn after a teammate fires a power.  Forget making it through the match if you fire more than one ability in a turn repeatedly.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    I think it only shows up if you have a token for it, like standards and elites. 
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    they should have this for every 5* we want to sell and u can hit the slot machine till we win.
  • killerkoala
    pheregas said:
    This is tragic.  Even with two additional teammates, OML (at my lvl 457) will only be able to regain about 320 health the turn after a teammate fires a power.  Forget making it through the match if you fire more than one ability in a turn repeatedly.
    he stop damaging himself after there are 5 strike tiles out so it does stop.
  • ronshapard
    ronshapard Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Whee!  I can sell my level 451 Old Man Logan for 7 whole tokens.  That's an insult.  It's such a bad conversion rate that they might as well have not wasted their time coding it into the game.  

My options remain sucking up the over 20% nerf to his black and radical reduction to his yellow and keep playing with him as I always have or delete MPQ off my phone.
  • killerkoala
    and it's about the money......
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    So my 457 Logan gives me 380k iso and 10 tokens!!! Whoooohoooo!!!

No seriously, it is 570k iso to champ a 5! And I have 'invested' 20 covers. So, a bit more than half of the iso, and half of the covers. I wasn't planning on selling him, but this is a serious rip off.

Then my strikes went form close to 900 to 681, and the healing from 5.5k a turn to 2.8k a turn (1478). Red does 2.6k for every power fired.

All in all, I guess he is still usable in PvE, but he is super easy to beat now in PvP. You just need to kill the 3 and he is in a world of hurt already (he can barely keep up with 5 match damage). For me, he is no longer a viable option for PvP (Bolt now cuts through him like if he was made of butter :P). He is still great when transformed though, so that is still an option (the changes to his yellow there are not as strong).
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    tiomono said:
    Here is my take on the old man. 

I am in my early 4 star transition. I have several champs and am trying to get more of the stronger ones added in. My highest level one is level 273. I think I have 7 of them champed.

My old man is 270 2-2-0. I just went through my first 4 clears on hearts of darkness using Logan, black suit spider (who is at 1-2-2 lol 255) and my 3 star Dr strange. I subbed out spidey for the essentials. I did not use a single health pack. Let me say that again I did not use a single health pack. That was doing 4 clears on every mission (2 on wave nodes) with no break. 

While champed he may not be the best of the 5 stars. But you cannot convince me he does not need toned down a bit at early levels. He allows you to breeze through parts of the game while taking no damage. That by definition is o.o. you cannot convince me otherwise.
    By your logic, everyone you used for those 4 clears are over powered because you didn't need a health pack... I guarantee you OML didn't tank every color.  So you are calling for a nerf to any character that can absorb damage?  Any healer can have that impact.  Any burst healer can have that same impact.  Your Dr. Strange was healing everyone else every time his passive went off as much as OML was healing himself.  OML was only keeping himself alive, Dr. Strange was keeping the rest alive.  Your logic is as flawed as the dev's.

Oh, and my OML is level 270, 3/4/0 and only valued at 8000 iso and 1 token.  7 5* covers = 1 5* token?
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    This looks as though it has gone weird...

Only have limited data on this, but it seems as if people who weren't using their OML are binning him for some value while the people who have been using him are sticking with his nerved version.

I'm sure there's a lot more going on on top of that but has anyone else seen this?
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    JVReal said:

Oh, and my OML is level 270, 3/4/0 and only valued at 8000 iso and 1 token.  7 5* covers = 1 5* token?
    Has there been any confirmation that we can level up our 255 OML with however many covers to get the appropriate terrible sell-back rate? Or was it his level at implementation of the change? 
  • CaptTrick
    CaptTrick Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Anyone else smell the irony of carnage and OML changes.  OML tanks Black, Carnage fires cheap black causing OML to drop strike tiles to supplement attack tiles.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    day 1147 on/off competitive pve player here.  I've spent a little bit of money early in my playing days for hp for roster slots.  I have been quite fortunate with the rng gods (and daily resupply) to have a 5/4/4 oml.  earlier this week, I pulled the 14th oml cover, but held off on championing him because of the nerf rumors. I have only leveled him up to 270.  my excitement of the possibility of having my first 5* champ has now turned into disappointment.  more than likely, i am going to sell the cover because he's only going to be jacking up my scaling.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Still no word on numbers, guess we'll find out soon enough. 

Seems a bit convenient I got my third cover for him yesterday , now that he's getting nerfed 

I have a cramped Medusa so I don't really need him anymore as I've only had healing covers for him. 

Just hope they leave ice man alone and what's left of the prof x widow combo 
  • Echoseis
    Echoseis Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I just can't anymore. This move was the last straw. I refuse to even try out NO-ML. I feel like I've wasted the last year of my life chasing covers...
  • RtW
    RtW Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2017
    I know I'm still going to play the game but they will not get any more money from me. No more VIP, no more hp for roster spots. It's a shame really
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    RtW said:
    I know I'm still going to play the game but they will not get any more money from me. No more VIP, no more hp for roster spots. It's a shame really
    I did not renew my VIP after the vaulting fiasco.  I did just pay the intercept $1.99 tax before the OML announcement though.  Might start watching videos a few weeks from now.  And once those get old, like in 5 minutes, I may just put the phone down and walk away.*

*This is not a threat to quit.  This is just me transitioning to casual play only.