Upcoming Character Change to Wolverine (Old Man Logan)

Comments

• ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Well, from all the Wolverines X-23 is now the only, who didn't get hit by nerfbat.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something just occurred to me.

You say that he shows up in 10% of wins and that's why you nerfed him. You realise that means he's actually not involved in 90% right? Maybe July maths is hazy but him being absent 90% of the time means the majority of people don't use him. So why the change? 

**** 10% isn't even that bad. In research we allow 5% for random chance 
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Coubii said:
    Not complaining (yet) to this NERF.
    I've started using him 1 or 2 week ago. With one black and one yellow cover, I'm almost already invicinble. Feel powerfull. No argue, he has to be nerfed. Just sad characters are always nerfed when I finaly start to be able to play them.

What level is the rest of your roster and what mode are you talking about, I have a 4* roster and would much rather go after a 16k OML than a 30k boosted 4* in most events.

• JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler

Thoughts.

It reads like the nerf wasn't all that bad.

Reduction in strike strength for black, more so at lower levels, and BASE dmg reduction after change. Reduction in healing, but, NOT changed to burst heal, and still sounds okay. Interested to see the results for yellow dmg, might be more fun with reduced AP cost, especially if paired with a tile buffer to boost the nerfed black strikes. red left alone.

As far as the rebalancing philosophy.

"First, an update - we’ve reviewed your feedback from last week’s message about our rebalance philosophy, and we’ve heard your concerns about nerfing existing characters. So with this release and for the time being, we’ll focus only on releasing updates to existing characters that increase that character’s power. We’ll be keeping an eye on how the competitive experience develops with these changes."

That was 6 months ago, back in September. When I read this back then, I always expected inbound nerfs, it was just a matter of when. I am a very tiny bit concerned about the precedent being set by rebalancing(nerfing) a 5*, but, again, it would appear that they were rather gentle on the old boy.

ROI

I don't have anything like the restraint needed to hoard for LL, nor do I have so much disposable income and time to buy or ultra grind for placement. As a result, I am not having the shock as many of those who have made such investments in OML. RNGesus has been somewhat kind to me of late, and at day 933 with 14 champed and 2 max leveled 4*, my OML is 1/3/1 at level 291, and about the only time I use him is on my goon squad with 3han-man and Dak3n. I do not think this will be much of a change for me.

My sympathies to all of those who are significantly more impacted than me.

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can get behind this. I'm so sick of playing against Dark Avengers. We should only run PVE SIM from now on, so that we're always playing against different characters. Give me anyone but the Dark Avengers!
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another poor decision in an increasing string of poor decisions. Basically the devs have decided who we should be using in the game. 

Hey devs! if you don't like the fact that mol is the most used character in the game, then create new characters that will steal his thunder and compete on his level. Make it easier to get 5* characters so those of us who only have 1 usable 5* (guess who...) have other options. Keep improving other 5* so they are actually usable characters...

This change doesn't hurt the whales, who have multiple copies of champed/max champed 5* on their roster. this change hurts the average players, like myself, who use him to punch a little higher than our weight class in pvp. (only to get picked off by those with better luck or more disposable income who have multiple champed 5*. btw, people with options usually aren't using oml). he also helps grind the agonizing, boring, repetitive struggle for resources in pve, all while, heaven forbid, saving a few health packs along the way. 

so here we are at another crossroads, so soon after the vaulting debacle. like many others, i'm seriously questioning my commitment to this game now. time to wake up devs. you're out of touch with your own game.

• JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    I am interested to see the actual number for the heal reduction.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    nwman said:
    Demi urge needs to realize many players spent thousands and tens of thousands of dollars chasing these 5* characters and nerfing them breaks the trust between the developers and their customers. 
    I can't imagine a $10k roster being destroyed by the OML nerf. I have to believe that roster will survive this.
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    It would seem that we all have such difficulty with change.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    I admit I am shocked; I would expect a cut to OML healing because, hey, D3 is a company and not selling health packs hurts, but this is way too far. He is absolutely NOT as powerful compared to other 5* and it does NOT deserve such downgrade. I do not understand you, and sorry but I think you are not speaking true in your notification.

As other person posted, I do not want to sell my OML; who knows if you or the person replacing you will buff it again, or if it will eventually required for a node; but i sure do not want it to be my highest lvl char. I want it reseted to lvl 255 and all spent ISO returned to me. A handful of random 5* covers (i bet you i get 2 First Aveners!) makes not justice tonthe effort i put into building my OML up.

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nerf bat swung
  • killerkoala
    where is the 5* vault?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I saw the nerf stats on my lv 435 OML, and guess what. I'll still keep using him, because I don't have any other lv 435 five-star characters, so I don't have a choice. But now I'll get to enjoy getting squashed even faster by the whales in PVP, at least until a few years from now when I get other highly leveled 5*s....  :'(
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    where is the 5* vault?
    It only appears when you have tokens for it. Here is what it looks like.

The token icon is shown on the sell button for OML.

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Here is my take on the old man. 

I am in my early 4 star transition. I have several champs and am trying to get more of the stronger ones added in. My highest level one is level 273. I think I have 7 of them champed.

My old man is 270 2-2-0. I just went through my first 4 clears on hearts of darkness using Logan, black suit spider (who is at 1-2-2 lol 255) and my 3 star Dr strange. I subbed out spidey for the essentials. I did not use a single health pack. Let me say that again I did not use a single health pack. That was doing 4 clears on every mission (2 on wave nodes) with no break. 

While champed he may not be the best of the 5 stars. But you cannot convince me he does not need toned down a bit at early levels. He allows you to breeze through parts of the game while taking no damage. That by definition is op. you cannot convince me otherwise.
  • killerkoala
    edited April 2017
    i guess it appears and disappears like elites. thx