Upcoming Character Change to Wolverine (Old Man Logan)

Comments

• BootlessGrunt
    BootlessGrunt Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    They needed to change Carnage due to how he plays with Medusa and her team passive healing.

Also being it seems the developers will not reply or answer any of the questions and comments about the nerf, I think the most efficient way of voicing your opinion and having the developers listen is to honestly rate the game on your respected game/app store. 
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    I am still using OML in my PVE grinds as much as I can (33%) just to keep his usage the same as before the nerf (up around 10%?) and see if they nerf him some more... why not?  That's all it takes.

We should all agree to team him with Carnage whenever we use him and see if we can get them to nerf them both again purely based on usage stats.

I used to be irritated that I was at 3/4/0 and had no red cover... now I'm glad I have no red cover.  Not sure that was their intent, but like IM40 used to be... it's bad design when you have to avoid covers to keep a character functional.  And I still can't believe he can't heal when he's all by himself... ridiculous.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I wonder what else they have planned to smash up?

This feels like part of a huge process to destroy the game. Obviously they don't intend to destroy the game, they think they're building towards some big glorious end plan, but when the player base screams "you have done this wrong!" they're just moving on to the next untested rollout without any player feedback.
  • MrSniggles
    MrSniggles Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    It's clear that D3/Demiurge doesn't listen to or care about their customers' concerns.  With so many issues that need to be fixed, that they choose to do this instead is insulting.  I've spent hours a day playing this for over two years and also spent money semi regularly.  I've been addicted to the game over that time.  I want to thank D3/Demiurge for making a decision that shows how much they disregard us.  It's been a sobering experience that has made it easy to quit cold turkey. 
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if they had made the first 3 nodes of PVE restricted rosters (excluding 5* usage)... if that would have dropped his overall usage statistics to a more realistic, accurate usage of OML in fights that matter?

I suppose they could check those numbers by excluding those uses from their data set... but that may be asking them to do too much research and we all know they don't like to go beyond superficial assumptions when it comes to their stats.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    madsalad said:
    @Brigby Is there anyway a dev can post information specifically regarding the intent behind the immense nerf OML has sustained? He took a hit on all fronts and it really feels like it was an over-nerf to his powers. I would love to know what playtesting was done, in what environment and against what teams. For instance, his base healing stat was basically halved, and then that was reduced by 1/3 by not allowing him to heal when both teammates are down. So, his healing was reduced by about 2/3, which is crazy. That, along with reduced damage all around and now reduction in the amount of damage he takes from his passive read ability. It's all too much.
    Playtesting?  Buahahahaha!!!!!  We are the play testers.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal said:
    I wonder if they had made the first 3 nodes of PVE restricted rosters (excluding 5* usage)... if that would have dropped his overall usage statistics to a more realistic, accurate usage of OML in fights that matter?

I suppose they could check those numbers by excluding those uses from their data set... but that may be asking them to do too much research and we all know they don't like to go beyond superficial assumptions when it comes to their stats.

let me put on my tin cap, i don't think usage of oml was the thing that made the nerf happen.  peeps not buying enough health packs made them nerf oml. 
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I wonder what else they have planned to smash up?

This feels like part of a huge process to destroy the game. Obviously they don't intend to destroy the game, they think they're building towards some big glorious end plan, but when the player base screams "you have done this wrong!" they're just moving on to the next untested rollout without any player feedback.
    I am unsure if they actually are working towards an "End game" or just make changes, then make more changes, then make more changes, without any real plan toward an end goal.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    lol  "playtest"     i think the only new content that gone without a hitch is 4* specials and duck season.  and maybe DDQ after they got rid of enemy team-ups in crash of the titans.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    JVReal said:

let me put on my tin cap, i don't think usage of oml was the thing that made the nerf happen.  peeps not buying enough health packs made them nerf oml. 

JVReal said:

I think you are correct and ironically this change is very unlikely to make me buy health packs and very likely to speed up the eventual rage quit
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    pheregas said:
    madsalad said:
    @Brigby Is there anyway a dev can post information specifically regarding the intent behind the immense nerf OML has sustained? He took a hit on all fronts and it really feels like it was an over-nerf to his powers. I would love to know what playtesting was done, in what environment and against what teams. For instance, his base healing stat was basically halved, and then that was reduced by 1/3 by not allowing him to heal when both teammates are down. So, his healing was reduced by about 2/3, which is crazy. That, along with reduced damage all around and now reduction in the amount of damage he takes from his passive read ability. It's all too much.
    Playtesting?  Buahahahaha!!!!!  We are the play testers.
    I would still love to have that in writing. I mean, someone had to come up with these numbers from somewhere. They should be in correlation to average damage output from other 5*s at various levels, along with the self-inflicted damage OML receives when a teammate uses a power. There is data collection and algorithms that should be used to figure out nonsense like this, not just pulling number out of thin air and then publishing the results. Testing!
  • WRIGHT3OUS
    WRIGHT3OUS Posts: 60 Match Maker
    edited April 2017
    I hope if they ever come to their senses they offer us a way to get him back. Basically being forced to sell your best pve character because they robbed him of his 5* status. He was basically made a 3* with a lot of health.  I'm not going to quit yet. Just going casual and completely finished spending money on the game. 
  • Syleye
    Syleye Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Still waiting for one of them to get a spine admit they made a mistake and fix it. Until then speaking with my pocket book and that includes the others in my family that play.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Syleye said:
    Still waiting for one of them to get a spine admit they made a mistake and fix it. Until then speaking with my pocket book and that includes the others in my family that play.

Unfortunately you may have to wait a long time for this. There has been many unpopular Changes in the history of the game and few if any have ever been reversed.