Upcoming Character Change to Wolverine (Old Man Logan)

Comments

• Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Had they boosted his base health by a decent chunk and left his black alone, this would have been much easier to accept. As with most previous nerfs, they went completely overboard and rendered OML mostly useless and not competitive at all. A base health bump would have done wonders to counter this and been a nice little mini-buff.

We all know the devs are far too arrogant to admit they totally messed up and violated the playerbase. Any changes in compensation or even a simple apology will never happen at this point. Now..... about that Thanos nerf.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    All I can say is Sentry. That guy was stone cold murdered by nerfs and no one uses him anymore. And Ragnarok, and xforce, and so on
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Borstock said:

Does OML really save that many health packs, though?

Yes, he did.
    With a champed OML with 5 yellow you could eat Headbutts from a 440+ Juggs (18K damage per) all day and heal to full 4 turns after.
    Many 5s are better in single matches, but for sustainability there was no one better.
    Can you give additional examples of when you would use OML other than the handful of PvE matches against Juggernaut?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    msp2211 said:
    We should probably watch Spid3y too. That blue stun. I'd guess he will be over used in Webslinger. (End sarcasm)
    Ah I remember when he actually was nerfed because his stun.. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Borstock said:

Does OML really save that many health packs, though?

Yes, he did.
    With a champed OML with 5 yellow you could eat Headbutts from a 440+ Juggs (18K damage per) all day and heal to full 4 turns after.
    Many 5s are better in single matches, but for sustainability there was no one better.
    Can you give additional examples of when you would use OML other than the handful of PvE matches against Juggernaut?
    any PVE node with high single-target damage.
    Any PVE node with constant damage (Hand goons).

Basically anything PVE, OML was your man.

PVP climbing.

I used to do PVE end grind - PVE initial grind - PVP 0-1200+ all in the span of 4 hours, all on ten HP. Or rather, zero HP in PVE.

Without OML I shuffled my PVE timing to not conflict with PVP so much, and have to take notice of what I'm actually doing in PVP instead of making sure I always match OML colours until I have enough AP to scream with Bolt.

I don't think I would have sold him if he was my only champ, but if you have better options, he can be an unhealthy crutch.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    scaled pve match damage can now dwindle down oml, let alone getting hit by powers. he had lower hit points cause he healed them back, now he is 2/3 the hit points for 5* compared to others and now heals 1/3 less to none if others are downed.  they should have adjusted his health to coincide his healing nerf.  as for transforming him, with his heals you could take ur time to gather the colors u needed, now it's a rush to not let him die for pve.
    OML's nerf does the same thing to him as was done to Patch and Daken in april 2015 with the healthshift. 

In future, we should all remember that, no matter how good any passive true healer looks on release, if their healing is too good they will eventually be nerfed into unusable fragility relative to their tier.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:

PVP climbing.

I used to do PVE end grind - PVE initial grind - PVP 0-1200+ all in the span of 4 hours, all on ten HP. Or rather, zero HP in PVE.

Without OML I shuffled my PVE timing to not conflict with PVP so much, and have to take notice of what I'm actually doing in PVP instead of making sure I always match OML colours until I have enough AP to scream with Bolt.

I don't think I would have sold him if he was my only champ, but if you have better options, he can be an unhealthy crutch.
    I see. The way other 5* tier players were talking, it sounded like he didn't get much use at that level.
  • Vhailorx
    edited April 2017
    Borstock said:
    Bowgentle said:

PVP climbing.

I see. The way other 5* tier players were talking, it sounded like he didn't get much use at that level.

He got little relatively little use in extremely challenging PVE matches and high level PVP.  If you really need to win a match, or win a few matches quickly, then there were already much better 5*s than OML. 

but he was clearly the king of grinding.  And I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but this game is a little bit grind-y.  ;)
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    but his healing was not "too good" and we didn't buy enough health packs, it's cause we used him too much in dev's eyes, did u not read their propaganda.

• Vhailorx
    but his healing was not "too good" and we didn't buy enough health packs, it's cause we used him too much in dev's eyes, did u not read their propaganda.

(1) The devs stated explanation for nerfing OML may not be the complete explanation.  the 10% data point seemed very cherry-picked to me, and was presented without any context.

(2) Since OML didn't dominate the meta, but was the best healer in the game, if we players used him too much, we did so because of the healing. 
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I champed OML yesterday, yay! I just came here to bump this post and make everyone angry at OML's reworks all over again. Happy anniversary, everyone!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just champed mine too!  I CAN FINALLY PLAY THE 2015 META!  Except....I still don't have Phoenix champed.  😞 
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    So he gets a 2nd nerf? He’s the Rammstein of MPQ XD
    (I mean the band Rammstein, not the incident at airbase Rammstein, that was horrible)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am hoping he gets nerfed like Gambit's first nerf.
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:
    I am hoping he gets nerfed like Gambit's first nerf.
    Lol, that would be awesome
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    He is still a bit OP. Once he gets hit by an Okoye black match three, he's back to full health in like...8 turns. Nerf the poor old man again, and give him soggy hot dogs for claws!
  • theomen
    theomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Maybe it's time to put him back how he was?
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Well ****.  I was hoping for another chance to sell this useless character and cash in all the covers I got stuck with from the Fan Favorite vault.

OML could be 550 and I'd still only use him to soak Court Deaths on trivial nodes.  At 471 I don't even use him for that, because his match damage isn't high enough to kill a trivial opponent on a match 3.
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Seeing this post, and having just gotten another cover, I momentarily thought there was Claws for Concern.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Holy zombie thread, Batman... wait, wrong universe...