Upcoming Character Change to Wolverine (Old Man Logan)

Comments

• Beta-Ray Bill
    Beta-Ray Bill Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    madsalad wrote:

I think the number I would like to see when talking about the "10%" is "how many of the people in the 10% have multiple 5* champs to choose from, but still choose to play with OML". My guess would be close to 0%.

If you have a champed Thanos and Bolt, you are not playing OML.

All situational in my opinion. If I go against high strikes, then black suit spidey and bolt. Otherwise for a fast climb it's bolt and oml
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Regarding the buff to 5Cap I have him champed and use him a ton in PVE he is really fun to use now and has a great power set. In fact for the 3 hard nodes I have benched OML and use 5Cap instead so they can change who players use with constructive rebalancing (buffing). For those that have him champed 5Cap&KP plus SL vs 2+ goons or C4rol vs no goons is a blast.
  • Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Ratvader wrote:
    Maybe my grasp of math is bad but if 10% of wining teams use him that means 90% DONT!!!!!!!!!!

Thats by no means unbalanced! The argument is a fraud. Its a straw man designed to distract from the truth:

OML heals.

It gets worse. If you are a 5-star player, you are probably using 2 5-stars per match. As there are currently 14 5-stars, a perfectly even usage of all 5-stars would have you using OML in over 14% of your winning teams (without even excluding a garbage 5-star like Banner, or a new character that is likely uncovered or unchamped).

If you are a 4-star player, the 2nd most likely 5-star for you to have covered is OML. As he's been around nearly the longest, you're more likely to have him covered and more likely to have raised him up in level of your 5-star options. So, like me, he may be your only meaningful 5-star option at this point. As a 5 star is, by definition and intent, better than a 4 star, a 450 OML was intended to be better than nearly any boosted 4 star (other than maybe 370 champed 4s). So for many players in this tier, they only have 3-4 5-star options (and the less they have, the more likely they are to play OML). So they probably play OML on 33+% of winning teams. But again, even if you have all available 5 stars to choose from, and knowing they are intended to be better than 4 stars, you should average 14% within winning teams.

So with that in mind, I demand they BOOST OML, not nerf him, because his usage is 4+% too low!!!
  • Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Ah yes continuing the proud, storied tradition of releasing a new OP version of Wolverine, way later finally admitting it was OP the whole time and then nerfing it into obsolescence, then promptly forget said version exists and never rebalance it again.

Don't ever change, Demiurge...don't ever change. #winningatfixingthewrongproblem

I am sure the usage rates of XFW are super duper high too. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Also right now I see a TON of Thanos as everyone moved to hoarding and trying to clean out Latest Legendaries. I see lots of players who's first and second 5* champs are some combination of BB/DS/Thanos/BP/Hawkeye so going forward the OML/Phoenix duo is getting phased out as more and more people hoard and champ new 5*'s. He is nowhere near top tier in PVP and it is getting to the point where running him turns you into a cupcake for everyone else. I have also seen them raise the issue that he is too powerful with only a couple of covers but that was what their originally stated goal was when 5*'s came out. They said they wanted you to be able to use them right away even with only a couple of covers. Nerfing him for this reason only punishes the newer players who want to try out their "elite level" reward that they were lucky enough to pull.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    howard_icon.pngPlease keep the conversation on the topic at hand, OML's impending rework, and do not attack each other. Thanks! howard_icon.png
  • WRIGHT3OUS
    WRIGHT3OUS Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Ducky does this mean IM40 is probably getting nerfed once they see the numbers on him?
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    WRIGHT3OUS wrote:
    Ducky does this mean IM40 is probably getting nerfed once they see the numbers on him?
    Shhhhhhh, don't tell them where to look
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Could you please clarify what the policy will be regaring people who have invested iso8.png into the character?

In the past players have had the option of selling back a changed character for the full amount of iso8.png invested. Given the rarity of 5 star.png covers I do not feel this would be a fair exchange. Please consider allowing players that do not like the changes to OML the option of transferring covers to that of a different character.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Give me the option to spread my now useless oml covers to my other 5*. Problem solved
  • Redefine_
    Redefine_ Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    We as a whole know the reason is cause you want us to buy more health packs...The point of five stars is to have more power. Nerfing five stars just means for us to stay in four star land. No point in riding the fake power train. 
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Classic D3 bait and switch.. Screw the players and then offer pennies on the dollar. 

• Sykobanana
    Sykobanana Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Alexxcats, you represented my thoughts entirely and logically.  
    How this was seen to be off topic, I dont know.
    If you are banned for this, then god help us all.

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    They don't care how we feel about OML nerf; all they care about now is that we have to buy health packs to play.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Great. Just great. Nerfed right across the board, is it?

The vaulting. The OML over-nerf. And these chilling things I'm hearing about the Taco Tokens.

I mean...Jesus, guys. I...I can't even. Some people have accused me of white knighting you guys, but I see myself as balanced. And this is too far. Like, these are all not good things. Some good comes out of it, to be sure, but it is outweighed by the bad. This is just asinine, I'm sorry.