Upcoming Character Change to Wolverine (Old Man Logan)

Comments

• Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    So if the reasoning is because over 10% of won battles have OML in it, when can we look forward to the thanos (either), strange (either), or im40 nerf?
  • Strong
    Strong Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I know i wont be spending money on this game anymore after this nerf this is the last straw for me.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Strong said:
    I know i wont be spending money on this game anymore after this nerf this is the last straw for me.
    Ditto.  Been a VIP for 5 months now.  Won't be renewing or spending another cent in the store.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Not complaining (yet) to this NERF.
    I've started using him 1 or 2 week ago. With one black and one yellow cover, I'm almost already invicinble. Feel powerfull. No argue, he has to be nerfed. Just sad characters are always nerfed when I finaly start to be able to play them.

• Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Well, I am not going to read through 12 pages of complaints about this and I am confident that someone else has brought this up.  They did the same thing with X-Force Wolverine.  He was a powerhouse in his original iteration.  When they nerfed him, it was like day and night - he just isn't used as much any more.  I don't always skip a team with XFW, it just depends on who he is teamed with but for the most part, I don't worry about him as much.  I see the same thing happening with OML.  My OML is currently at 12 covers (3/4/5) but only at level 285 and I use him sometimes for the higher level matches.  Yes, I have had some of my champed 4* taken out effortlessly by OML but, hey, that is part of what the game is all about.  You win some, you lose some.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok so you (devs) state that oml was nerfed because too many people use him and you see him everywhere. 

For that reasoning you will shortly be nerfing Phoenix and then whomever the next 5* to be released was...then the next etc.

However I'll wager you'll turn a blind eye to the most over used charcters in the game by a wide margin....dark avenger. 

As this is a "usage" thing these guys need a major nerf at high levels. I see them in every pve in every node and have done so since I started playing. They clearly need a nerf as they are involved in way way way higher than 10% of matches. 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we have a moment of silence for the death of Black Suit Spidey?

BSSM is tragic collateral damage in the need to declaw OML. I have a level 452 BSSM that now has a useless passive. :(

• brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    So you have nerfed my only competetive 5* character and my options are to keep him and suffer the scaling with a weaker character, or to trade in his 9 covers for 5 random ones.

Bummer.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    It's an indirect Phoenix nerf too.  Her best 5* partner just got declawed.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good observation, Aces. Logan is one of only two strike producers in the tier, and the better by a good margin. That said, his other two powers are still pretty good. At least you've got an easy choice for which one to dial down to 3. :|
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Ah, but they're involved in a high percentage of defeats. Which clearly means they're in need of significant buffs so they aren't punching bags.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Don't worry every time they nerf a character we can just sell them back for 1/2 the covers or less
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Juggernaut is in desperate need of a nerf.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Health pack sales are all devs think about; the windfall of everyone needing to pay to keep playing.   everyone should have all characters down or low on health every session of playing; then devs will be happy cause then we will need to buy to keep going if our best tank is gone.
  • Ironcat
    Ironcat Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Same for me, you won't have anymore money after this nerf.
    I paid a lot of money to have OML at 450, more than 400€. You want to change him, give me possibility to have another 5* full covered.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Lack of beta testing
    Lack of gameplay modes
    Reducing iso and 2* covers rates from winning pvp
    constant rush of new characters
    Vaulting of older characters (in a game where every 3* and 4* is essential for gameplay in pve)
    Vintage Heroes tokens
    Nerfs long after the character was released
    Upcoming DDQ token 'nerf' to rewards

Having started the game just before true healing got nerfed and only taken a break a few months right after 3* Cage was introduced, i've seen a lot of bad decisions against players. It's also why i've never spent and never will on this game. There is little 'good faith' on the part of the developers. Instead there's another Marvel game that's getting my $$ for a lot of reasons this game doesnt. That game and developers may not be perfect but at least they don't treat their players as bad as this.