The Hunt for the Falcon - April 18 - 27

Comments

• Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah I've been clearing it to top 1-10 every refresh and it doesn't rubberband you back up as quickly as some of the more recent events have. I don't think people are going to be able to slingshot on a final clear very easily.
  • Phantron wrote:
    It takes far more missions to catch up in Alaska compared to other traditional rubberband brackets. I don't know if it's an accident or if they're trying something new there. Basically even max rubberband missions are only worth about 500 but you can easily find yourself to be 5000 or more points behind.

Florida looks more like the usual deal but even there it seems to require more than the usual effort to catch back up.

So I guess that means I'm behind by 5k in the main event bracket, great. Does this mean that the difference between two and three clears is substantial as well?

It's not terribly hard to catch up in a sub bracket but catching up is about all you can do in Alaska if you started late.
  • Copps wrote:
    Yeah I've been clearing it to top 1-10 every refresh and it doesn't rubberband you back up as quickly as some of the more recent events have. I don't think people are going to be able to slingshot on a final clear very easily.

Scaling matters less because it's hard to slingshot, at least for Florida. You're pretty much limited to 500 points even at max rubberband so you can't possibly get meaningful points in that bracket without scaling your missions up. Florida seems to be easier to slingshot, but still seems to require more work than usual. The harder it is to slingshot, the less scaling matters, because if people can't overtake you in points then it really doesn't help them to keep their scaling low.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    ABORT ONE CLEAR STRATEGIES. I REPEAT, ABORT ONE CLEAR STRATEGIES.
  • this event will be so much fun for me. only got two heros buffed though xD ha ha.

I do question if the alliance I'm in will do well though, dont think so. I really need to help them out, or... something else.... hmmmmmmmm.

But yeah human torch and my storm classic are buffed since I do not have anyone else =.= man.....
  • I'm just gonna do enough to get a token. Ain't gonna sink **** isos on this 9 day grind fest again.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I'm #5 in my bracket, but first has an insane lead of 3k points. Aaaand of course a roster where the best character is level 60. PvE has become such a sad farce. I'm just in it for the ISO and the alliance, though even the ISO seems to suck this time.
  • Phantron wrote:
    It takes far more missions to catch up in Alaska compared to other traditional rubberband brackets. I don't know if it's an accident or if they're trying something new there. Basically even max rubberband missions are only worth about 500 but you can easily find yourself to be 5000 or more points behind.

Florida looks more like the usual deal but even there it seems to require more than the usual effort to catch back up.

Its taking more effort to catch up as the elastic is so short. Due to this there is a lot more potential to play leap frog. There only 10,500 points up for grabs in a refresh - if you ignore the non repeatable nodes - in Alaska. That is assuming you do each node 5 times and each node has maximum rubber banding. As the leaders are already at 11K its not possible to catch them back up if you are a long way back.

Florida a lot more "normal" with many more points up for grabs.

I have already worked out that I did the Florida nodes in the wrong order but I will know next time.
  • KaioShinDE wrote:
    I'm #5 in my bracket, but first has an insane lead of 3k points. Aaaand of course a roster where the best character is level 60. PvE has become such a sad farce. I'm just in it for the ISO and the alliance, though even the ISO seems to suck this time.

If you not started The Hunt:savage yet then 3K is about the right size of lead if the leader already has. I was in that position also and currently 4K behind the leader.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sumilea wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Its taking more effort to catch up as the elastic is so short. Due to this there is a lot more potential to play leap frog. There only 10,500 points up for grabs in a refresh - if you ignore the non repeatable nodes - in Alaska. That is assuming you do each node 5 times and each node has maximum rubber banding. As the leaders are already at 11K its not possible to catch them back up if you are a long way back.

Florida a lot more "normal" with many more points up for grabs.

I have already worked out that I did the Florida nodes in the wrong order but I will know next time.

I second and third that about alaska. I'm currently 4th overall with over 22k, 2nd in Florida as someone just passed me, but can't catch up in alaska, at least not yet. Most nodes for me in there are small, maybe 40-80 points. Only a few have more than 100, but not by much.

Florida and savage definitely seem to be more "normal", where alaska seems different point wise
  • all the hunts add up together right for individual rewards? But the award ranks are different per area for yourself and for your whole alliance?
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    locked wrote:
    Thanks, I'm pacified somewhat. I love me some support characters.

Just watched Winter Soldier.

Falcon: I do what Cap does... Just slower.

LMAO!

I just saw it this morning. It is now my favorite Marvel movie.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2014
    ABORT ONE CLEAR STRATEGIES. I REPEAT, ABORT ONE CLEAR STRATEGIES.

*For alaska

Florida has a lot more nodes so a single clear will get you in a much better spot. there's a cap [no pun intended (not that time either)] to the point value per node so the more nodes the more viable a single clear strategy is, and vice versa
  • Alaska has full RB until you're within about 500 points of the leader.

Problem is that even at max rubberband the missions are only worth about 550 points max, and you can easily be behind by 5000 points. The value of the biggest mission in Alaska, even at max RB, is very small compared to the expected deficit you'll see, so there is very little room for trying to slingshot.
  • I am absolutely loving CStorm in this event. Was wanting to save up my Iso-8 for Punisher when/if I'm able to get more covers for him in the Hotshot event, but I'm really thinking about pumping her up instead so Wind Storm does even more damage.
  • its so hard to do this event when you dont have modern thor or CA steve rogers .-. i wish they didnt have essential... i only can do the essential quests with Human torch.
  • Yeah. I get the reason why they have them to some extent, but it does definitely suck when you can't do them at all. Wish they would be team-up Missions. Luckily, I've got an HT and Cap'n Rogers.

.....there's a mission where a Devil Dino is on your team.... Dammit. I keep trying to be angry at this game, then they do stuff like this and make me smile.

Oh yeah. Got a Modern Cap Blue cover from a Recruit Pack. Right now, my Cap is 5Y/5R/3B. Should I cut from R or Y to up his Blue power?
  • RichHurtz wrote:
    Oh yeah. Got a Modern Cap Blue cover from a Recruit Pack. Right now, my Cap is 5Y/5R/3B. Should I cut from R or Y to up his Blue power?
    355. Balanced and perfect build.
  • Spider-man 6234
    Spider-man 6234 Posts: 409
    edited April 2014
    ****. Got WYP near the top of my bracket. Had to join later because of stuff going on in real life. Well im just hoping for top 2 right now. Sigh icon_neutral.gif
  • im struggling to stay in one of the ranks for Alaska that gives a token to get on of the guys in the hunt packs. I sure hope i stay there and get someone good out of it... although i may not be able to level them up.