The Hunt for the Falcon - April 18 - 27

Options

Comments

• liking the event so far the scaling is manageable and I am glad it did not transfer over my lvl 280's in heroic deadly mode lol. the rewards are a bit low range. For 70iso I may as well grind shield training. The alliance rewards for subs are also a bit of a joke 250iso and a token. I think they should just rerun simulators if they don't run new episodes and make old episodes prologue like content.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    liking the event so far the scaling is manageable and I am glad it did not transfer over my lvl 280's in heroic deadly mode lol. the rewards are a bit low range. For 70iso I may as well grind shield training. The alliance rewards for subs are also a bit of a joke 250iso and a token. I think they should just rerun simulators if they don't run new episodes and make old episodes prologue like content.

I understand the sentiment, but just wanted to point out that a few of the nodes do have the 250/500/boost/token reward structure instead of the 70/100/200/token structure. Basically the higher point nodes, which sadly includes a bunch of one-and-dones so good luck getting a good pull from those. At least there are a lot of nodes so that first time clearing bonus adds up. Also, just from what we see currently there will be 3 sub-events in just 2.5 days. If they handed out chunks of iso and HP for individuals AND alliances for all the subs this whole 9.5 day event that would be beyond generous of them (okay 250 is pretty paltry and after that 100, 75, these amounts are essentially 0).
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm thinking it should invest some more ISO in 2* Storm and Mags - they've been featured in a few tourneys in recent history.
    Of course, as soon as I do, I assume that they'll be moved out of circulation again, so now I need to start double guessing the game.

My LT and HT are soft capped, so maybe I'm better off putting the ISO into Rogers.
  • mohio wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:
    liking the event so far the scaling is manageable and I am glad it did not transfer over my lvl 280's in heroic deadly mode lol. the rewards are a bit low range. For 70iso I may as well grind shield training. The alliance rewards for subs are also a bit of a joke 250iso and a token. I think they should just rerun simulators if they don't run new episodes and make old episodes prologue like content.

I understand the sentiment, but just wanted to point out that a few of the nodes do have the 250/500/boost/token reward structure instead of the 70/100/200/token structure. Basically the higher point nodes, which sadly includes a bunch of one-and-dones so good luck getting a good pull from those. At least there are a lot of nodes so that first time clearing bonus adds up. Also, just from what we see currently there will be 3 sub-events in just 2.5 days. If they handed out chunks of iso and HP for individuals AND alliances for all the subs this whole 9.5 day event that would be beyond generous of them (okay 250 is pretty paltry and after that 100, 75, these amounts are essentially 0).

Well this is the third time I am doing this event and the first two times were more generous. They have run a number of events where they have been generous with ISO and hp. So they really should stay in line with that trend. The fact is I'll earn more ISO and hp from a 3 day PVP then 9 days of this because all nodes are not repeatable. I don't need boosts because I have a collection of them piling up in stock. I need ISO to feed my starving characters.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ares node (Ares/Daken/Venom) rose VERY QUICKLY up to 105/105/105 ... scaling on some nodes seems, again, insane... good thing those are 36 hour brackets... although if the scaling gets carried over to next brackets it aint going to help ;/

EDIT: 12 dead characters later - still 105
  • Emeryt wrote:
    I'll add the missing 2 RB values later.

Back in the lab is worth 50. Still not opened up Showdown.
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Ares node (Ares/Daken/Venom) rose VERY QUICKLY up to 105/105/105 ... scaling on some nodes seems, again, insane... good thing those are 36 hour brackets... although if the scaling gets carried over to next brackets it aint going to help ;/

EDIT: 12 dead characters later - still 105

Scaling system as always since they implemented it makes events really boring. We spend more time trying to heal our roster than playing the game, my brother already left the game tired of being unable to play how he wants and with the heroes he wants icon_e_sad.gif
  • Mawtful wrote:
    I'm thinking it should invest some more ISO in 2* Storm and Mags - they've been featured in a few tourneys in recent history.
    Of course, as soon as I do, I assume that they'll be moved out of circulation again, so now I need to start double guessing the game.

My LT and HT are soft capped, so maybe I'm better off putting the ISO into Rogers.

I leveled up my Storm and she's been my star this PVE - Wind Storm does 2300+ damage. MNMag's most useful skill - his purple - isn't affected by level, so it's less essential - it depends in part on if you think you're going to be using his red skill much (assuming Storm will be using his blue) as that can be quite strong leveled up.

Storm seems to be someone they keep going back to; she's boosted (or available in heroics) in about half the PVEs, it seems like.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I cleared nodes in Alaska 1 time right when the PvE opened (been missing the story and snarky cutscenes... sigh), was it a terrible mistake? The points don't let me catch up now, can I expect things to change in the last hour? Already more than 10k behind my main bracket's leader. 7,5k behind Alaska leader.
  • locked wrote:
    I cleared nodes in Alaska 1 time right when the PvE opened (been missing the story and snarky cutscenes... sigh), was it a terrible mistake? The points don't let me catch up now, can I expect things to change in the last hour? Already more than 10k behind my main bracket's leader. 7,5k behind Alaska leader.

In Alaska you pretty much need about 60% of a full clear to even make up 7K at the max RB, though it's too late for missions to refresh now (12 hours left) so the best you can do is wait for the stacks to refresh and do whatever you can. I'm guessing it's quite possible for every mission you do to have max rubberband and you still won't catch up, but it's better than nothing.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Yeah, something's up with points and rubberbanding.
    My usual tactic of clear - essentials - essentials only got me up to 98 in Alaska, and 102 in the main, 6k behind the main leader and 1,5k behind the Alaska leader.
    I'm tempted to grind some, but then I think about scaling and don't do it.

I'm sticking with my plan that worked in the last 5 PVEs but if I don't get top 10 in Alaska tomorrow morning I might have to adjust and grind some more.

But I do seem to recall that rubberbanding didn't kick in until the second sub in one of these events, so maybe it'll work out in the end with the usual tactics.
    As always, the first few days of subs will be dwarved by the points in the last two days (hopefully), so whatever happens now shouldn't matter too much.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Thanks, I'm pacified somewhat. I love me some support characters.

Just watched Winter Soldier.

Falcon: I do what Cap does... Just slower.

LMAO!
  • Before i went to bed last night, i played myself into the top 10, focusing on the highest point nodes first and only touching the lower point nodes if i needed it.

When i woke up this morning, i did the same thing, except i split my play between the the 2 subs...but still focusing on the highest point nodes first. I played myself into the top 10 and stopped.

The plan now is to not touch things until about 10 PM tonight at which point, i will play myself into the top 10... with the priority on locking down the placement that i want in the closing sub.

Then i'll do a full clear of the newly opened sub.

Rinse repeat...for 9 days. I have a felling things are going to be ultra grindy around Tuesday when a PVP, a PVE, AND LRs all happening @ the same time. Anything that i can do to reduce the grind will be good.

marc
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, I'm trying out the one refresh thing and seeing what happens: hopefully I'll have enough points to catch up to you guys. If not, then I need to start revising my strategy for these subs...
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Apparently I'm not playing this event right, because the point totals I'm seeing for different missions are always low. Maybe a couple hundred at the most.

Then again, today's been going poorly for me so far. Constantly having games where I can't ever make any pairs for colors I actually need.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    It would be fun figuring out the "new" optimal way to game the system, I just wish they had not picked an event that gives out a new character to change whatever they did change.
    Or maybe The Hunt always worked like that? I know last time it ran I still grinded like a madman and didn't try to play as little as possible.
  • Is that the "proper" way to play it? Just grind a mission down to 1 point, then move onto the next one?
  • It takes far more missions to catch up in Alaska compared to other traditional rubberband brackets. I don't know if it's an accident or if they're trying something new there. Basically even max rubberband missions are only worth about 500 but you can easily find yourself to be 5000 or more points behind.

Florida looks more like the usual deal but even there it seems to require more than the usual effort to catch back up.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    It takes far more missions to catch up in Alaska compared to other traditional rubberband brackets. I don't know if it's an accident or if they're trying something new there. Basically even max rubberband missions are only worth about 500 but you can easily find yourself to be 5000 or more points behind.

Florida looks more like the usual deal but even there it seems to require more than the usual effort to catch back up.

So I guess that means I'm behind by 5k in the main event bracket, great. Does this mean that the difference between two and three clears is substantial as well?
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    I'm hoping that scaling will even things out.
    Those who grind now will have a _much_ harder time later.
    Of course it doesn't matter to people with our rosters, but there's only so many people with maxed 3* out there.
    So hopefully top 20 should be achievable once scaling kicks in and weaker rosters start running into high level enemies.

Or this will be the event in which we forumites miss out on all the Falcons because we think we're all so clever and can rubberband our way to victory each and every time icon_e_biggrin.gif