The Hunt for the Falcon - April 18 - 27

Options

Comments

• Kelbris wrote:
    MikeyMan wrote:
    Anything with Daken or Ares I don't touch with a ten foot pole.
    AI tends towards using Godlike on a Ares/Rags node

The only way the AI will use Onslaught in that combination is if they have exactly 5g, or more than 11g (use 6 first Godlike, then make the roll to use Onslaught).
  • how kind of D3 to have Florida, Savage lands(assuming unless its a 12 hour sub), and doctors orders all end at the same time
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pjoe0211 wrote:
    how kind of D3 to have Florida, Savage lands(assuming unless its a 12 hour sub), and doctors orders all end at the same time
    Imagine something ending at a Europe-friendly time on a weekend, crazyness.
    Of course we can't have that, even if it means having three things end at the same time.

Oh wait, Alaska ends at 6 pm CET.
    Of course that's the sub with the fewest nodes and points, so Europe has no chance to catch up with that sub alone.
    Phew, dodged a bullet there, D3.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Pjoe0211 wrote:
    how kind of D3 to have Florida, Savage lands(assuming unless its a 12 hour sub), and doctors orders all end at the same time
    Imagine something ending at a Europe-friendly time on a weekend, crazyness.
    Of course we can't have that, even if it means having three things end at the same time.

Oh wait, Alaska ends at 6 pm CET.
    Of course that's the sub with the fewest nodes and points, so Europe has no chance to catch up with that sub alone.
    Phew, dodged a bullet there, D3.

Tell me about it subs finishing 5am UK time are a pain. And the 23 hour break where I do not have to hit any nodes is the whole of Saturday.
  • Still going... nothing outlasts "The Hunt" it keeps going, and going, and going, and going...
  • How is YOUR bracket looking?

Mine has stagnated a bit. I woke up at the same position that I was when I went to sleep. I hit the top 5 nodes twice each day and that's it. It's enough to get me top 20.

Rubberbanding has been a lot less for this event which I'm truly grateful for. I've put in the time and it shows. I also know that I missed a full sub-event and therefore I know that I won't catch up to the top 5 players assuming they don't skip any subs.

The Hunt has been fair.
  • My scaling has gotten absolutely ridiculous, to the point where I'm having a hard time even with the Essential nodes.
    I'm in first place with a lead of 8000 points on third, so it will basically come down to trying to manage that lead in such a way that I don't lose the X-Force.

As far as progression goes, I might get to the second token if things go well.
  • Seems like The Hunt is coming down to a crawl. Good news for me.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Milkrain wrote:
    How is YOUR bracket looking?

Mine has stagnated a bit. I woke up at the same position that I was when I went to sleep. I hit the top 5 nodes twice each day and that's it. It's enough to get me top 20.

Rubberbanding has been a lot less for this event which I'm truly grateful for. I've put in the time and it shows. I also know that I missed a full sub-event and therefore I know that I won't catch up to the top 5 players assuming they don't skip any subs.

The Hunt has been fair.

Easter weekend really put a dent into my playing time...I missed a few subs and have paid for it. I just got into the top 100 last night...my scaling isn't too bad and that has helped me gain points. I'm content to stay in the top 100, which at this point, should be attainable.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Bacon Pants, I am pretty sure you can get to top 20 with minimum of work. People are that burnt out. I didn't miss a sub, but for the first 3 or so subs, I used to flail in top what, 200? Now I'm easily top 20 without changing the amount of time I play.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Scaling is destroying me. And i only used a 2/5/2 spidey once. I use a boosted obw lvl 125, a lvl 120 punisher and a 2/5/4 lazythor lvl 86 and im looking at lvl 300s...

Nodes with Daken i would not touch it with a HazMat suit. Not even with a Hulkbuster suit.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Bacon Pants, I am pretty sure you can get to top 20 with minimum of work. People are that burnt out. I didn't miss a sub, but for the first 3 or so subs, I used to flail in top what, 200? Now I'm easily top 20 without changing the amount of time I play.

If that's the case I'll just stick with what I'm doing then. Which at this point is probably what everyone else is doing...Hitting high point nodes once or twice. each refresh. Though, I have been completing each node in Alaska and Savage Land once.

Curious too...the Devil Dino node has had opponents leveled in the 30's for me. That seems way off.
  • ichijuan wrote:
    Scaling is destroying me. And i only used a 2/5/2 spidey once. I use a boosted obw lvl 125, a lvl 120 punisher and a 2/5/4 lazythor lvl 86 and im looking at lvl 300s...

Nodes with Daken i would not touch it with a HazMat suit. Not even with a Hulkbuster suit.

ive used spidey a lot...not ashamed to say it as i like the way he synergizes w punisher, an in match heal is very useful, and sometimes a stunlock is unavoidable.

im seeing about the same levels, so go figure.

once i realized that this event was going to be a shitshow, i said F it and just started doing what i had to do w little worry about my scaling. in retrospect, im OK w that decision because i keep seeing horror stories of folks who tried to manage their scaling to no avail.

ill be so happy when this event is over.

marc
  • locked wrote:

If that's the case I'll just stick with what I'm doing then. Which at this point is probably what everyone else is doing...Hitting high point nodes once or twice. each refresh. Though, I have been completing each node in Alaska and Savage Land once.

Curious too...the Devil Dino node has had opponents leveled in the 30's for me. That seems way off.

Devil Dino node is a one-shot node that wraps up the Hunt plotline. You get a nice chunk of ISO, but only a few points, so I think either the node doesn't have scaling attached, or the fact that it's a low base point one-shot means that scaling has minimal impact.
  • Vairelome wrote:
    Devil Dino node is a one-shot node that wraps up the Hunt plotline. You get a nice chunk of ISO, but only a few points, so I think either the node doesn't have scaling attached, or the fact that it's a low base point one-shot means that scaling has minimal impact.
    I guess it's because they have no way to scale up the devil dino ally, so you always get provided with a level 30? one. In order to keep him useful, enemy levels need to be kept low too. IIRC they had a previous event where enemies did scale up and you got stuck with a level 30 devil dino vs high level enemies which meant he just took up a slot and sort of wrecked the story-line, as he would have only been biting the ankles of level 230 Dark Avengers.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    My scaling has gotten absolutely ridiculous, to the point where I'm having a hard time even with the Essential nodes.
    I'm in first place with a lead of 8000 points on third, so it will basically come down to trying to manage that lead in such a way that I don't lose the X-Force.

As far as progression goes, I might get to the second token if things go well.

You and me both Wolfman. At this point I'm just keeping up with you. The good news is we have a comfortable lead over the 3rd place guy, so I think we are in good shape to finishing 1-2 and getting our X-Force covers.

Any node with Ares or Daken in it at this point I'm treating like they have STDs and avoiding them completely.
  • bughunt wrote:
    Vairelome wrote:
    I guess it's because they have no way to scale up the devil dino ally, so you always get provided with a level 30? one. In order to keep him useful, enemy levels need to be kept low too. IIRC they had a previous event where enemies did scale up and you got stuck with a level 30 devil dino vs high level enemies which meant he just took up a slot and sort of wrecked the story-line, as he would have only been biting the ankles of level 230 Dark Avengers.

They clearly have the ability to cap enemies at a very low level if they want to. There are one-shot missions in the other sub brackets that have level 300 enemies too, so the nature of the mission doesn't matter. Devil Dino is kind of like the 'jackpot iso8' mission in Simulator Basic as you get 500 isotope 8 for first time completion bonus, so it'd make sense for this to cap at a very low level so that you can actually beat it.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He used to have HP icon_e_sad.gif
  • Spoit wrote:
    He used to have HP icon_e_sad.gif

Isn't 50 HP one of the 4 rewards so you also have to be lucky to get it?
  • I haven't read the 30 pages of comments for this event so I might be repeating what's been said.

I know that no one will reach top progression rewards (it looks like to me) but my question is for the Devs; how is it that 110K reward is 1000 ISO and then at 150K it's ONLY 500 ISO? What happened to the 8K iso reward???

I'm sad that progression rewards have been so impossible to reach for the past few PvE. Especially considering how much effort we've had to put into this one.

I do like how reduced the rubberbanding has been. I've not been noticing it much. I woke up today in the same position as I was last night. I know there is fatigue among players but I feel save in the fact that I won't drop from 10th to 200th if I don't wake up at 4 am tomorrow night just to fight for my current position. Also, I know that I've missed sub events and that I don't deserve 1st and the lack of rubberbanding will assure that I can't reach it if I grind for the last 2 hours.