The Hunt for the Falcon - April 18 - 27

Options

Comments

• I actually pulled a yellow IW out of the event token this morning - I now have her at one cover less than my Spider-Man, and the same number of useful ones (Spidey has an extra yellow that will theoretically be respecced at some point). All but one of her covers have been from tokens, too. So if I ever attack you in a PVP with a 2/3/1 IW, you'll know for a fact that I'm probably really, really bored.
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    What a boring event. The same exact subs, over and over and over and over and over and over again. Sigh.

P.S. We desperately need new villains to freshen up the PVE opponents.

Oh don't worry Lazy Daken to the rescue!
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    And who was that alliance that stealthily cough cough slipped into 6th place and the end of the florida sub? To put into the immortal words of the panda Po "we're coming for you shen!" icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    The one thing the increasing difficulty has done is help me inch toward a top 100 placement. Every sub I have been slowly chipping away...I'm in the low 100's now...hopefully the increased difficulty doesn't bite me.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    395 Pyro got off a flamethrower. Took out 141 Classic Mags, left buffed 141 HT with 1000 health, and, with cascade, caused buffed 141 LT about 6000 damage (I was lucky LT was in front or HT would have been killed by the cascades).

To the devs, that was an "optimal" win. To me, it means using up expensive health packs or waiting 9 hours until my team is healed.

Tinykitty this.
  • 395 Pyro got off a flamethrower. Took out 141 Classic Mags, left buffed 141 HT with 1000 health, and, with cascade, caused buffed 141 LT about 6000 damage (I was lucky LT was in front or HT would have been killed by the cascades).

To the devs, that was an "optimal" win. To me, it means using up expensive health packs or waiting 9 hours until my team is healed.

Tinykitty this.

That would have been a "full wipe" for just about every team out there. There is not much that can be done about that. Is it fun? No, is it cool? No.

Anyone keeping track of how many Tourneys now have been run where the "final event reward" has been completely inachievable? I am thinking 3, maybe 4.
  • 395 Pyro got off a flamethrower. Took out 141 Classic Mags, left buffed 141 HT with 1000 health, and, with cascade, caused buffed 141 LT about 6000 damage (I was lucky LT was in front or HT would have been killed by the cascades).

Tinykitty this.

Hopefully this ridiculous experiment with 400 enemies will conclude shortly and a return to the max 230s is widely hoped for. No one enjoys fights that take 20 minutes where you need to retreat (*wink reckless442*) if a goon has a win-timer about to tic

These fights are only remotely possible with a few specific 141s and thus makes 95% of the roster fodder for heroics. I'll say this again, as god knows so many others have. Stop taking the fun away from pve's

And I know regarding the fun, why in the world are we still doing 10 day pve's that are only 10 days so we can do the same 3 subs over and over and over, grinding against tedious enemies over and over and over? 5-6 days is plenty and already repetitive. And now that we have all these other on-going seasonal events, please set pve's back to the 5-6 day range.
  • LoreNYC wrote:
    395 Pyro got off a flamethrower. Took out 141 Classic Mags, left buffed 141 HT with 1000 health, and, with cascade, caused buffed 141 LT about 6000 damage (I was lucky LT was in front or HT would have been killed by the cascades).

Tinykitty this.

Hopefully this ridiculous experiment with 400 enemies will conclude shortly and a return to the max 230s is widely hoped for. No one enjoys fights that take 20 minutes where you need to retreat (*wink reckless442*) if a goon has a win-timer about to tic

These fights are only remotely possible with a few specific 141s and thus makes 95% of the roster fodder for heroics. I'll say this again, as god knows so many others have. Stop taking the fun away from pve's

And I know regarding the fun, why in the world are we still doing 10 day pve's that are only 10 days so we can do the same 3 subs over and over and over, grinding against tedious enemies over and over and over? 5-6 days is plenty and already repetitive. And now that we have all these other on-going seasonal events, please set pve's back to the 5-6 day range.

I've definitely went the lazy road since the second subs, partly forced so by scaling. I want at least some points in through to the end. One possibility is devs wanted a break to put season in, so they made this as long as it is(?).

• I've definitely went the lazy road since the second subs, partly forced so by scaling. I want at least some points in through to the end. One possibility is devs wanted a break to put season in, so they made this as long as it is(?).

Its not overly long. When they introduce new covers its normally in a 7 or 9 day event.

I am still fighting it out for top 2 in the main with Colognoisseur and Kakko. It has been a 3 horse race for the last 5 days but I am losing the will to live!
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:

Tinykitty this.

I know I could have retreated, but all three characters would have still sustained massive damage. At least this got me the win.
  • Sumilea wrote:

I've definitely went the lazy road since the second subs, partly forced so by scaling. I want at least some points in through to the end. One possibility is devs wanted a break to put season in, so they made this as long as it is(?).

Its not overly long. When they introduce new covers its normally in a 7 or 9 day event.

I am still fighting it out for top 2 in the main with Colognoisseur and Kakko. It has been a 3 horse race for the last 5 days but I am losing the will to live!

Sorry the point is that it's too long when they have 3 subs they just recycle several times to stretch out the event. This easily could have been in the 5-7 day range. The length is even worse because the scaling and lvl 400 enemies is going to cause many people to hang it up and move on to something that's actually fun
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've got over 91k right now and still around 11k being the bracket leader who's running with a 96 patch 3/5/4, 75 spidey 3/5/4 and a 66 lThor 1/3/3. Ever thing else is sub 60 level for the most part.

Me thinks someone in our bracket is definitely grinding away, lol. Scaling is getting bonkers.

I had just started and cleared all nodes in Savage. 10 minutes after finishing "bullseye 3", levels jumped from 3x 299 to 316 ares, and 315 venom/bullseye.

I know it's not as bad as what reckless and others are facing, but just blown away at the levels, and how fast they went up after of first time playing the node.
  • LoreNYC wrote:

Sorry the point is that it's too long when they have 3 subs they just recycle several times to stretch out the event. This easily could have been in the 5-7 day range. The length is even worse because the scaling and lvl 400 enemies is going to cause many people to hang it up and move on to something that's actually fun

Even if there was no scaling people would be bored of these missions by now. The constant 2 per day rolling schedule means you're probably going to have a hard time playing optimally near the finishing time no matter what time zone you're in. Of course the scaling sure doesn't help either.

That said I think it's actually kind of cool you only have to beat Bullseye 3 twice to finish top 10 or so in Savage Land if you got the roster to do it, and he's nowhere as hard as he looks. Sure Magneto/Spiderman can do it, but I'm pretty sure a team like The Hood + OBW + LT/LC can pull it off too.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crazy stifling board had 3 goons kill off my whole team, slowing my last hour push in Savage. Only managed to get from 400something up to #13, short of top 10 by about 100 pts. Oh well. The single Assault Team token yielded me a yellow Invisibility. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    ^ Not a bad push, I only made it to top 100 but then again I only did 3-4 matches. Probably gave myself too little time.

Will Florida and Savage end at the same time? Rather inconvenient...
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I really don't want to play the Florida sub anymore...that one has become near insufferable due to the amount of nodes.
  • I really don't want to play the Florida sub anymore...that one has become near insufferable due to the amount of nodes.

Note even done all the nodes once since the first run. I have been leaving 3 of them untouched.
  • Anything with Daken or Ares I don't touch with a ten foot pole.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    MikeyMan wrote:
    Anything with Daken or Ares I don't touch with a ten foot pole.
    AI tends towards using Godlike on a Ares/Rags node
  • At this point I'm pretty much only playing the essential nodes a couple times each refresh. Gets me top 50 if I play the last hour or so, and I'm looking pretty good for top 20 in my main bracket. Aside from the boredom of playing the same fights over and over, the scaling is making me not want to play much more in this event. My essentials went from 70 to about 110, while non-essential nodes went from 70 to 200+. My roster of mostly 2*s can't handle that without boosts usually, and I'll be damned if I'm going to boost prior to the last hour of the entire 9 day marathon of small felines.