The Hunt for the Falcon - April 18 - 27

Options

Comments

• ONE MORE DAY. can i get a hallelujah???

no?

screw you then emeryt

disclaimer:i did not mean to insult emeryt, my finger slipped on the E M E R Y AND T
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    djsquillz wrote:
    ichijuan wrote:
    Scaling is destroying me. And i only used a 2/5/2 spidey once. I use a boosted obw lvl 125, a lvl 120 punisher and a 2/5/4 lazythor lvl 86 and im looking at lvl 300s...

Nodes with Daken i would not touch it with a HazMat suit. Not even with a Hulkbuster suit.

ive used spidey a lot...not ashamed to say it as i like the way he synergizes w punisher, an in match heal is very useful, and sometimes a stunlock is unavoidable.

im seeing about the same levels, so go figure.

once i realized that this event was going to be a tinykitty, i said F it and just started doing what i had to do w little worry about my scaling. in retrospect, im OK w that decision because i keep seeing horror stories of folks who tried to manage their scaling to no avail.

ill be so happy when this event is over.

marc

I don't really have a choice anymore, and at this point, don't care if it completely screws me on the next event. This event is already enough to break my willingness to fight this. I definitely won't be doing this one again, too long, and scaling just too screwed up.

I wasn't using my spidey at all in the first 3-4 days. I was using OBW, which D3 boosted, then proceeded to punish us for using said boosted character. I only started using spidey once I ran into my first 250 bullseye 3 node the other day. Nodes have just gotten worse and worse. So between the stupid high level nodes that would clearly crush me, spidey can sometimes help in those, but usually only with boosts.

I normally avoid spidey and avoid boosts, but I'm beyond the point of caring much about it.

In the meantime, my bracket is a bit nuts I guess. I'm in 37th with 97k approx, and leader has 110k. So, guessing my bracket is still pretty active right now.

And I completely agree...having so many things end at the same time is horrible planning. Forces you to basically choose to focus on a sub, or the pvp. I did that last night, landed top 20 in hollowpoint, but screwed my Savage top 10 placement during it. Oh well.
  • Almost finished the journey through Pve hell!
    Please let there be a simulator next (or something new) hope the fk there's no more heroics planned for months!
  • Phantron wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    He used to have HP icon_e_sad.gif

Isn't 50 HP one of the 4 rewards so you also have to be lucky to get it?

The node originally gave 50 HP as a reward for reaching the end of the Hunt storyline.

In later iterations, the 50 HP was shifted to the 1 in 4 chance lottery with other prizes.

Now, the 50 HP is removed and replaced by the 500 ISO completion bonus plus an easy node 1 in 4 lottery (70/100/200 ISO / Recruit Token).
  • I'll join in with the crowd in that this event has been totally bonkers and out of control.

12 hour separated subs are incredibly difficult to keep up upon, under almost any condition; let alone 3 in one day.

And with 3 subs ending tomorrow alone, you can't even relax for the slightest, as a top position can easily fall from the top 20 tomorrow alone, resulting in a missed cover in some brackets. After 8.5 days of this, players have no choice but to keep grinding at this event.

I'm in reckless's bracket, which is highly competitive. All of the top 10 are above 100k and could easily win the bracket if everyone else stepped off the gas a little. Thus, we are forced to keep marching onwards just to maintain position, despite the ludicrous hardships.

Personally, I wish that the competition was fair. Reckless should win alone simply for grinding 395s to keep up with the bracket. I feel horribly guilty on a moral level for constantly trading placement in the top position with her, fighting nodes that are one-third of the level that she is facing.

Why is scaling even a "thing" in PvE? What would be the equivalent in PvP? Passing 1100 or so, and then all of your nodes turn into nothing but seed teams running 395s to prevent players from scoring "too well in an event"?
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    I've come this far in top 10. Not going to lose top 20, even if Falcon yellow was already nerfed.
  • One more day and I finally reach 50k x-x too bad, really wanted to get torch's cover

But to be honest, someone like me should continue to transition into 2* which is good since now, i can get classic storm to 37... until i find more of her covers.

now I need to get isos, more and more isos. 3 of my 2* can go higher than 50 but no higher than 61. And those three are Wolvie who's already at his max for now, Hawkeye modern, and Thor.

And I do not see myself getting falcon. No way but at least I tried. I do see myself getting moonstone. Oh well at least i tried.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    I'll join in with the crowd in that this event has been totally bonkers and out of control.

12 hour separated subs are incredibly difficult to keep up upon, under almost any condition; let alone 3 in one day.

And with 3 subs ending tomorrow alone, you can't even relax for the slightest, as a top position can easily fall from the top 20 tomorrow alone, resulting in a missed cover in some brackets. After 8.5 days of this, players have no choice but to keep grinding at this event.

I'm in reckless's bracket, which is highly competitive. All of the top 10 are above 100k and could easily win the bracket if everyone else stepped off the gas a little. Thus, we are forced to keep marching onwards just to maintain position, despite the ludicrous hardships.

Personally, I wish that the competition was fair. Reckless should win alone simply for grinding 395s to keep up with the bracket. I feel horribly guilty on a moral level for constantly trading placement in the top position with her, fighting nodes that are one-third of the level that she is facing.

Why is scaling even a "thing" in PvE? What would be the equivalent in PvP? Passing 1100 or so, and then all of your nodes turn into nothing but seed teams running 395s to prevent players from scoring "too well in an event"?
    It's frustrating to have to leave so many points in each sub, but don't worry about it. I'm trying to stay below you so you can get the X-Force. My main concern is staying in the top 10.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    I'll join in with the crowd in that this event has been totally bonkers and out of control.

It's frustrating to have to leave so many points in each sub, but don't worry about it. I'm trying to stay below you so you can get the X-Force. My main concern is staying in the top 10.

have to agree, it's just getting worse as we go it seems. I'm not facing quite as bad as reckless, but getting there. Most nodes average between 250 and 320 or so at start, so I just now it's going to getting even higher just 10 minutes after I play it.

I'm sitting in a pretty active bracket too it seems, just under 103k and barely in top 20.

• It's frustrating to have to leave so many points in each sub, but don't worry about it. I'm trying to stay below you so you can get the X-Force. My main concern is staying in the top 10.

Thank you for the consideration. I'll try to spread out as much room in the bracket as possible for you to gather points. Still sucks that the safety margin for top 10 in the bracket won't even be determinable until after Alaska closes this afternoon.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:

Thank you for the consideration. I'll try to spread out as much room in the bracket as possible for you to gather points. Still sucks that the safety margin for top 10 in the bracket won't even be determinable until after Alaska closes this afternoon.

yeah...and the fact they decided to have Florida, Savage AND Doc's Orders all ending at the exact same time. Just frustrating.
  • Lyrian wrote:

I'm pretty sure the top 10 is already well settled, but there's just no way to make sure so you got to continue playing. The staggering sub event time is terrible because I was pretty sure there are 2 guys that are just running away with the top 2 but it's not clear at all until about 3 days left to go, and that's because their lead has gotten so big that even with all the points you can see in a sub bracket you still won't catch them, but it's pretty clear they always had a huge lead all along. When you know top 2 is out of the question you can actually play considerable less (ignoring alliance scoring issues).

Speaking of alliances, it's not even clear to me at this point how the top 2 will finish. I'm guessing Retribution will finish first just because they seem to have dominated all the recent sub brackets.
  • Well my current top ten looks as follows:-

Hunt_top10_zps232e06db.jpg

This has been very constant with order of top 3 changing around. I did no missions for nearly 24 hours and still keep top 3. Could probably do nothing else this event and still make top 20.

I really come to hate this event and these staggered subs. The next event that has them i will not be trying to push for the top prize.
  • Man much rather be in my bracket heh. in 9th with 98k. 1st has 106k.

Tapped out on Alaska though going to sleep in then play MPQ like all day, very minimal points left on the board now. I will grind 25 point nodes if I need to for that top 20 once I hit the other 2 subs.

I need to recover the ISO withdrawal cold shakes, brought doom up 23 levels and Thor up 36, stockpile isn't big enough!
  • My bracket has 121K at top but even #10 has 112K.

Staggered brackets are just a bad idea because you never know how far ahead or behind you are. I don't think it's a bad idea that there are relatively little movement on the overall bracket, but you should be able to know where you stand. Simulator Basic has a pretty volatile last round given all the points in there, but at least before that round started you have a pretty good idea of where you stand.
  • Doesn't help that you can't see much of the leaderboard either. I'm at 114k and in top 10 but only 1,000 ahead of 10th, which is all I can see

I only want top 20 but no idea how big the gap is to 20th but I typically drop 10 places overnight so doesn't feel safe. So I probably need to wake at 4:30am (UK) to check and grind a few nodes icon_mad.gif like everyone else, i don't want to give up after 9 days

But please keep scaling as #1 on the job list. I'm at lvl 350s now and can see why reckless is so frustrated!
  • daveomite
    Options
    Well...lovely. guess I landed in the 395 club. Great. Just started savage to knock out a few of the big point nodes, and bullseye 3 is officially 395 across the board for me.

Fun. Thanks D3.
  • i have a shot at top 2 (my bracket doesn't seem nearly as competitive as other's here, even though i joined really early), so whether i can get it or not depends entirely on how well i can grind out florida. if i can stay within 1k of (sub bracket) lead in all 3, i should be good, but i'm in 395 land without a good spiderman or cmag to help me, so....

here's hoping.
  • daveomite
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:
    i have a shot at top 2 (my bracket doesn't seem nearly as competitive as other's here, even though i joined really early), so whether i can get it or not depends entirely on how well i can grind out florida. if i can stay within 1k of (sub bracket) lead in all 3, i should be good, but i'm in 395 land without a good spiderman or cmag to help me, so....

here's hoping.

good luck, and may the force be with you. I do have a spidey, and even with him, it's tough.

Gotta agree with mickey about the dang scaling, geez, it's ridiculous.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Man much rather be in my bracket heh. in 9th with 98k. 1st has 106k.

I'm in your bracket! icon_e_wink.gif
    While I'm aware it's an easy one, I'm not sure to stay in top20 at the end. My rank fluctuate around #10 but as the ending time is not very convenient for me, it will be probably be tough. I can play the end time for alaska still and I'll grind the two other sub as late as I can.

I wonder if overall scores will raise as crazy near the end. It's usually the case... icon_rolleyes.gif