The Hunt for the Falcon - April 18 - 27

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DrNitroman wrote:
    I wonder if overall scores will raise as crazy near the end. It's usually the case... icon_rolleyes.gif
    No they won't - nobody can grind these final missions 20 times, so overall scores won't go much higher, so there won't be crazy rubberbanding.
    With your strategy of playing late and not getting up for the final 2 hours you should easily get top 20 this time.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    DrNitroman wrote:
    I wonder if overall scores will raise as crazy near the end. It's usually the case... icon_rolleyes.gif
    No they won't - nobody can grind these final missions 20 times, so overall scores won't go much higher, so there won't be crazy rubberbanding.
    With your strategy of playing late and not getting up for the final 2 hours you should easily get top 20 this time.
    I hope you're right. Thanks for the support icon_e_smile.gif
    I have to admit that over 9 days ranks became quite stable in the main bracket. Seems more fair and less frustrating than in other events.
  • daveomite wrote:
    Well...lovely. guess I landed in the 395 club. Great. Just started savage to knock out a few of the big point nodes, and bullseye 3 is officially 395 across the board for me.

Fun. Thanks D3.

I start the last round of Savage in about 90 minutes time as the first sub I am working on in the run up to the 12 hours to go mark - giving myself just over 2 and a half hours and I hope that is long enough. I am hoping mines not scaled up that high yet but from the looks of the level of Bullseye - which is a total joke with cMag's 5B - it does not look good.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is scaling internodal? I mean, if i grinded Alaska heavily, would Savage land and Florida be affected?
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Wolarsen wrote:
    Is scaling internodal? I mean, if i grinded Alaska heavily, would Savage land and Florida be affected?
    Yes it is. That's the worst about this whole scaling business.
  • I missed an entire "node" because I didn't realize you had to play those first missions in the main node to open the sub-nodes up or even make them visible. Didn't even realize it until I received alliance rewards for the first Savage Land and was like "I never even saw that one anywhere." Sucks because I'm right on the outside of the top 100 and a Falcon cover, and if I had played that node at all instead of grinding for dimished points in others I'd probably be safely in there.

Anyway, just wanted to vent that. Shot meself in de fhoot, ee did.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just miss-timed a flamethrower in Bullseye, Savage Land. Took out Storm and Torch, left MN Mags with ~500 HP and each of the goons was still on ~10K HP each (L268-269)

That was actually kind of fun. The first real time I've used MN Mags for more than fuelling blue. There were only one or two close calls, where I had to use his purple to create a line of 4 blue to target a countdown tile. If his red ability was just about any other colour he would get so much play.
  • Wouldn't it be hilarious if there was another 12 hour Alaska sub straight after this one? No? Anyone?
  • Well I see some people have gotten to the 130K, just 11 hundred short myself so will make that with the last refresh. So we going to be short of the top reward by some 30K points anyone for another 3 subs? icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Just 12 hours to go people, we can make it!
    That's Hulk and Hunt ruined, curious to see what event will get screwed up next, and in what way!
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    13th right now and will be doing all I can to keep that top 20 spot...

My only 3* over 100 is Psylocke, so it would be nice to actually get two 3* covers for someone new when I almost always miss out on one of them....

Besides, after all this time in the top 10-20 range, I would probably go sit in a corner and cry, rocking back and forth, if I missed it.....after this tourney, I may just do that anyway.....

And I don't think I'll be the only one.....
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After just finishing the alaska sub, i have to concur with pretty much everyone that this event is a nightmare.

I really hope D3 rethinks their scaling algorithm & ridiculous level 350 level enemies.
  • Frubzy
    Frubzy Posts: 77
    Options
    PorkBelly wrote:
    After just finishing the alaska sub, i have to concur with pretty much everyone that this event is a nightmare.

I really hope D3 rethinks their scaling algorithm & ridiculous level 350 level enemies.

levels are so high it isnt funny... Dont think i can finish good at all...
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    rbdragon wrote:
    13th right now and will be doing all I can to keep that top 20 spot...

My only 3* over 100 is Psylocke, so it would be nice to actually get two 3* covers for someone new when I almost always miss out on one of them....

Besides, after all this time in the top 10-20 range, I would probably go sit in a corner and cry, rocking back and forth, if I missed it.....after this tourney, I may just do that anyway.....

And I don't think I'll be the only one.....
    You should be alright. There are approximately 240 people left, total, who haven't given up on this event yet. Approximately 200 of them are forumites. The rest have 1* teams.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I wouldn't be too stressed about missing one or two Falcon covers. All you need for beating Essential nodes is one. Falcon doesn't seem to be the cashcow type of character unlike certain lazy gods, so we can expect Falcon PvP rewards pretty soon. I ignored the end of the Brotherhood event when Black Panther was rewarded through choice of my own, he was a PvP reward soon enough (I don't recommend this, but don't fret over all three covers, recent PvE events are not worth the pain).
  • I will enter the savage land in a few hours and just ignore it at the end. Florida will be my final battleground, and good riddance.

Until the next PVE starts.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    Well...lovely. guess I landed in the 395 club. Great. Just started savage to knock out a few of the big point nodes, and bullseye 3 is officially 395 across the board for me.

Fun. Thanks D3.

I start the last round of Savage in about 90 minutes time as the first sub I am working on in the run up to the 12 hours to go mark - giving myself just over 2 and a half hours and I hope that is long enough. I am hoping mines not scaled up that high yet but from the looks of the level of Bullseye - which is a total joke with cMag's 5B - it does not look good.

I wish you luck. I wish I had cMags right about now. But with some lucky and patience....wait, what am I talking about? I mean the absolute perfect board, with Max boosts, and spidey ready to stun/heal, and obw ready to steal heal.

I just find it funny that they boosted OBW, then have proceeded to beat us all in the face with ridiculous scaling if we chose to use her. Kind of like bait and switch tactics. I know now whatever the next event is, I'll probably need to put my main teams into rehab for awhile.

All of our MMR is going to be nuts when this is over, as if it isn't bad enough now, lol.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Florida will be my final battleground, and good riddance.
    Yep, that sounds about right for Florida. icon_e_wink.gif
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm lucky I have a C.Mags at 5 blue, otherwise I wouldn't even be able to play any nodes. I have played non-essential nodes at most twice in every sub, yet coming into this final sub enemies are starting anywhere from 150-250, which is pretty steep for me. Thankfully this has balanced out the placing in the overall event, where I have sat around 20 for most of the entire event. While I'm glad I don't have to worry about crazy rubberbanding at the end, this event has just been plain unfun. I shoudn't have to abuse a broken skill just to even finish a node ONCE.

But this is a topic that has been well covered / complained about by many others much more verbose and game-educated than I. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    I'll do a complete clear of Florida in the next hour or so and then do Savage tomorrow morning.
    There's just too damned many nodes in Florida to do this in an hour, especially since one wipe might kill my strategy completely.
    And Savage should have at least _some_ rubberbanding with 60 minutes to go, right now the points are pitiful.

Good luck and godspeed to those who are still trying to win this.