The Hunt for the Falcon - April 18 - 27

Options

Comments

• kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    freakygeek wrote:
    I have basically quit the Hunt. All the nodes are 400+ for me and all it takes is failing to permastun the enemy team for 3 or 4 matches and my whole team will be dead. Not only am I sick of grinding the same levels over and over but now getting killed so quick is just disheartening. Even Patch can't heal fast enough to take the hits from Level 400 Daken strike tiles. Every Hammer shot, every 1* move scaled to 400 from 40, every Ragnarok/Ares move is instant one hit kill I know some people have been cranking through this but I think the vast majority of people are rage quitting. My wife quit last night with her 2* team as her enemies moved to 180+ and she was getting killed constantly as well. How about instead of scaling characters so high the top players can't play as a way of controlling community scaling you just get rid of community scaling?
    Do vote here if you haven't already done so:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6427
  • Developers is insane.
    Bye 230 level hell icon_cry.gif
    Welcome 400+ level hell icon_evil.gif
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    freakygeek wrote:
    I have basically quit the Hunt. All the nodes are 400+ for me and all it takes is failing to permastun the enemy team for 3 or 4 matches and my whole team will be dead. Not only am I sick of grinding the same levels over and over but now getting killed so quick is just disheartening. Even Patch can't heal fast enough to take the hits from Level 400 Daken strike tiles. Every Hammer shot, every 1* move scaled to 400 from 40, every Ragnarok/Ares move is instant one hit kill I know some people have been cranking through this but I think the vast majority of people are rage quitting. My wife quit last night with her 2* team as her enemies moved to 180+ and she was getting killed constantly as well. How about instead of scaling characters so high the top players can't play as a way of controlling community scaling you just get rid of community scaling?
    I wouldn't say "cranking" through it. Slogging through it is more like it. Using Spidey and boosts, I beat the 395 Ares node with minimal damage -- Spidey took two match hits and was down to half his health. It took 20 minutes and was ridiculously boring. It also is not the way I want to play, but the game is forcing me into using the only strategy that gives me a remote chance of winning. That's the absurdity of this system. The devs want us to take damage, but I take more damage against level 100 opponents than I do against 200+. They are making me play in precisely the manner they want players to avoid.

I would actually like to quit the PVE, but having invested this much time in it, I want to stay in the top-10. But I'm being forced to leave so many points on the table in each sub and have no idea if the point values will increase in the final sub that I don't know whether the 6000-pt difference between my current score and 10th place in my bracket will hold up.

Look, if the devs don't want the most dedicated, experienced players to win PVEs, perhaps the solution would be for them to just offer us the same rewards to sit out an event. That would be a lot more fair than making the event virtually unplayable mid-way through.
  • Daaaaad! Moooooooommm! Are we there yet? I'm booooooooored.

At least everyone is getting fed up with the event at the same time, so there won't be a whole lot more grinding required against 300+ nodes. That does put the high-end prog rewards likely out of reach, but 1 Torch cover just isn't worth this madness.

I'm roughly 10,000 points above 20th and roughly 10,000 points below 1st. As long as I don't completely ignore subs everything is fairly settled, but I still have to put in the grind to make sure I get at least a few thousand on each. All that's left is going through the motions. This is like one of those movies where the climax is an hour and a half in and then there's a 45 minute denouement
  • God bless you ShieldBro, you have served me well. I THINK I GOT THIS
    photo.png
  • Well I'm going to add to the venting/frustration. I've been playing this slow enough so I'm just now seeing lvl 230+ guys, but it's not like they even need to push guys to lvl 400. A bad cascade will still kill you especially against Ares. I know I could play it slower and safer with my spiderman with 5 blue, but that is sooo tedious. I'm with everyone else ready for this even to be over.
  • I accidentally let Ares match make a match-4 with a critical tile. 5200 damage.

I joined Florida with an hour left and finished in the top 10 with a bit over 10,000 points. Florida has so many nodes that actually placing first with that method seems out of reach, but it works wonders if you just care about the main bracket.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I entered the event on Friday, but was unable to compete until early Monday morning. Mistakenly thinking that global rubber-banding would catch me back up. So, I was about 35-40k in the hole when I began and was in 680th place after the first set of subs I competed in.

I'm still about 35k off the lead, but I've been slowly passing all the tired horses and I am in 75th place overall (without the help of much rubberbanding). I think it just shows the amount of frustration and burnout with the event.

It's actually kept me motivated trying to play catch up.
    I made the same mistake. Was too busy with Easter. Top 10 vs top 100 in subs is a difference of about 1000 points. I'm still trying, but it's hopeless when they now have 20k leads.

I think it's really backwards that enemy levels go up and points go down simultaneously. If anything, at least one or the either should be static.
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    Dreylin wrote:
    Based on the remaining time and the brackets currently underway, here's my prediction for the remaining (all times Central US):

Alaska3(Active): end Thursday 11pm
    Florida3(Active): end Friday 11am
    Savage3(visible): start Thursday 11pm - end Saturday 11am (36hrs)
    Alaska4: start Friday 11am - end Saturday 11pm (36hrs)
    Florida4: start Saturday 11am - end Sunday 11am (24hrs)
    Savage4: start Saturday 11pm - end Sunday 11pm (24hrs)

OK, so my predictions for Savage3 & Alaska4 were waaaaay off:

Savage3(active): start Thursday 11pm - end Friday 11pm (24hrs)
    Alaska4(active): start Friday 11am - end Sunday 11am (48hrs)
    Florida4(visible): start Friday 11pm - end !?!?!?

But that Alaska timing is crazy, because if they follow the scheme of starting one when the previous finishes, then the final Savage Land is going to run for 12hrs only on Saturday afternoon and Florida will either end at the same time as Alaska4 or Savage4. Or they do something mental and finish Florida4 before Alaska4 (sometime on Saturday) and kick it off then. Of course they could decide not to bother with a final run of Savage since, y'know, we're too close to the max progress rewards....
  • But I'm being forced to leave so many points on the table in each sub and have no idea if the point values will increase in the final sub that I don't know whether the 6000-pt difference between my current score and 10th place in my bracket will hold up.

The new 48H alaska sub seems to have the same points as last round.
  • Ghast wrote:
    I accidentally let Ares match make a match-4 with a critical tile. 5200 damage.

I joined Florida with an hour left and finished in the top 10 with a bit over 10,000 points. Florida has so many nodes that actually placing first with that method seems out of reach, but it works wonders if you just care about the main bracket.

Fortunately I don't feel that driven in subs to get first for YASB (yet another stupid bagman)
  • I actually pulled a green GSBW this time. Apparently everyone is part of the "assault team."

Aside from that, it has been nothing but Bag-Man and Moonstone.
  • Dreylin wrote:

But that Alaska timing is crazy, because if they follow the scheme of starting one when the previous finishes, then the final Savage Land is going to run for 12hrs only on Saturday afternoon and Florida will either end at the same time as Alaska4 or Savage4. Or they do something mental and finish Florida4 before Alaska4 (sometime on Saturday) and kick it off then. Of course they could decide not to bother with a final run of Savage since, y'know, we're too close to the max progress rewards....

My guess Florida 4 will last 48H, like the last run, and so finish at the end of the event. Savage will have a 24 hour break and hence Savage 4 will run for 24 hours and also finish at event end. This means all 3 events will be active for a 12 hour period.
  • LazyThor yellow and moonstone... not that bad lol
  • What a boring event. The same exact subs, over and over and over and over and over and over again. Sigh.

P.S. We desperately need new villains to freshen up the PVE opponents.
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    What a boring event. The same exact subs, over and over and over and over and over and over again. Sigh.

but i like beating up on Yelena icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dreylin
    Options
    Rajjeq wrote:
    What a boring event. The same exact subs, over and over and over and over and over and over again. Sigh.

Not as much as she likes you doing it....
  • Dreylin
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Dreylin wrote:

My guess Florida 4 will last 48H, like the last run, and so finish at the end of the event. Savage will have a 24 hour break and hence Savage 4 will run for 24 hours and also finish at event end. This means all 3 events will be active for a 12 hour period.
    Sounds reasonable; I guess we'll find out in 12hrs when the current Savage finishes.
  • Rajjeq wrote:

She's lulling you into a false sense of security

With all the Human Torch and Shieldbro tiles flying around in the essential nodes, you're focusing on getting those level 300 Ares and Bullseyes out of the way, you take your eyes off her black AP levels for a second, and WHAM
  • Moonstone just stole a Human Torch countdown, turning it black, and when it activated it became green and matched itself away

Yay?