Options

Comments

• kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    Rajjeq wrote:
    Is Torch even possible?

I will answer your question with a question.

Has any of the past several remotely good pve progression awards possible?
    Not since the one that gave out Punisher as rewards... was that Simulator or something else?
  • Ya sounds about right.

It was pretty apparent to me several subs ago as people began bricking against the scaling wall that we are not going to come close. I think the last round of subs were lower point totals than the previous, especially savage land. And it is probably going to get worse. I didn't even need to do every node in Florida to top 50, repeated about 3 of them twice. Not a good sign cumulative points wise. Did every node in savage land only once for top 50 and my scaling increased because I beat a level 192 team.
  • kensterr
    Options
    I'm only joining before the sub bracket closes... before I was doing 1-2 refreshes and it got me top spot or top 10 in main... but now I'm just hovering around top 20 because my enemies have shot up from 160++ to 300++ for deadly nodes.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I honestly don't understand the logic of running these repeat events for NINE **** days, when all that happens is the same three brackets get repeated over and over.

Florida is just ridiculous, how many freakin' nodes does one bracket need! I swear, if Winter Soldier hadn't just given me epic nerd wood over Falcon I'd be putting my feet up and ignoring this tedium.

I hate myself.
  • I honestly don't understand the logic of running these repeat events for NINE **** days, when all that happens is the same three brackets get repeated over and over.

I think it's mostly because they want to rotate end times on sub-missions to make it fair for all their global players. Which is why they often run pairs of PvP and Heroic events.
  • kensterr
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I honestly don't understand the logic of running these repeat events for NINE **** days, when all that happens is the same three brackets get repeated over and over.

I think it's mostly because they want to rotate end times on sub-missions to make it fair for all their global players. Which is why they often run pairs of PvP and Heroic events.
    I appreciate them giving different end times, but 9 days is too long IMHO. An effect of playing for 9 days is that my personal scaling will definitely go up a lot, so most likely I will be facing lvl 400 enemies in the next PVE. icon_e_sad.gif
  • kensterr wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

I appreciate them giving different end times, but 9 days is too long IMHO. An effect of playing for 9 days is that my personal scaling will definitely go up a lot, so most likely I will be facing lvl 400 enemies in the next PVE. icon_e_sad.gif

I'm pretty sure they reset/reduce your PvE scaling in between events, or quite a few guys should've started with level 300 enemies at the start of this event.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

I'm pretty sure they reset/reduce your PvE scaling in between events, or quite a few guys should've started with level 300 enemies at the start of this event.
    It reduces, but is not reset. Therefore, people with similar rosters and past results start an event with very different levels.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree. I noticed that between the last pve and this one. At least part of your "history" stays with you and seems to carry over.
  • Any chance someone can post a list of base node values for the three subs? And even better, append it to the first post? Florida was partially posted at one point, but not the others.
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    Any chance someone can post a list of base node values for the three subs? And even better, append it to the first post? Florida was partially posted at one point, but not the others.

And the Florida ones changed on the second run through. They now double those values there were at the weekend.
  • Pamizard wrote:
    is there a way to make deadly level nodes go down. Now I have a deadly node with level 100s. Its in the Alaska hunt again, which was in the 60s last time i checked. I feel like i should keep ignoring it because I feel like I should not even dare to try it.
    Most of the level increases you are seeing are caused by other players beating those missions, there's no way around that. Suiciding your roster might cause your personal scaling to go down a notch, that will at best drop those mission from 100 to somewhere around 95 though.
  • My usual team of (buffed) L125 Storm/L90 MN Magneto/Featured Character X has been making short work of the featured nodes. Today, though...things were different.

My first battle? Storm, Mags, and L60 Human Torch versus L72 Ares, Rags, and Venom. No sweat, typically. For this battle, though, the blue and purple wasn't dropping, and an unfortunate cascade led to Storm being Sunderslaughted (seriously, **** Ares). Normally, I retre..er, "tactically re-engage" here and come back. NOT TODAY. It's time for these two losers to man up.

I work Ares down with match damage and finish him with an HT fireball. Ragnarok falls to an avalanche of blue match-4's brought on by Magneto's Polarity Shift, and a subsequent Magnetic Flux bomb. Venom gets off a stun and a mini-cascade, though, and both characters are down to sub-500 HP with Venom still at 4K. What do I have to work with? A bit of green and a ton of blue, and that's it.

Cue Final Countdown.

I drop 2 Iron Hammers; miraculously, they land on opposite sides of the board. The first Hammer leads to a cascade that gives me the green I need for Flame Jet to be set to, well, flaming, and not hair-dryer. Both heroes are sub-200 HP now, though, and I've still got 3K HP to chew through. Drop the Flame Jet and pray...yes! not in the Hammer's blast radius! The Hammer explodes and leads to a match-5, which causes Flame Jet to fire to drop Venom to 1.5k HP. Venom stuns again and kills Mags; I need to live three turns for Flame Jet to finish the job. Venom matches enviro-yellow-blue and keels over; I win with HT on 90 HP. Woo! icon_e_smile.gif

TLDR: Hero bros rose, defeat villain foes by a nose after Ororo goes.

I now return this thread to your regularly scheduled complaints about scaling.
  • suiciding hasn't helped me at all.
  • So a few days left of this grind and once again I'm a mere 100K away from the highest progression award. Seriously...will this ever get fixed?
  • caprion1
    caprion1 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wow. I never really appreciated the power of modern storm until today.

I've been trying to keep my scaling manageable, so I put in a sacrificial team consisting of lvl 8 bagman, lvl 25 2/5 MBW (1015 health) and lvl 50 5/5/3 MStorm (1620 health) into Clever Girl III. This meant they were facing off against a lvl 175 Venom, lvl 176 Yelena and a lvl 176 Pyro. I got a great starting board with lots of red, green and blue and I had time to kill, so I figured, what the hell, I've heard MStorm can generate cascade after cascade, so lets see how far I can beat them down. 20 minutes later, all enemies were dead, MBW was left with 97 health and MStorm, the hero of the hour, was still on 763 health. Bagman was still standing over in the corner with full health because he did absolutely nothing and I never touched him.

Sure I hear you say, we all know MStorm dominates in jungle or desert environments. Well, Clever Girl III is a tech environment and she still kicked butt.
  • SUPERTOM wrote:
    So a few days left of this grind and once again I'm a mere 100K away from the highest progression award. Seriously...will this ever get fixed?

I don't think it's a coincidence. Those are just there for show.

Because every time we've reached those end rewards (due to miscalculations on their part), they've always drastically pushed the point totals back the next PvE event.
  • tech works okay too, but not as well. the crits help with damage and generate some ap. still, good job! 25 bw isn't bad either, though i would have done obw/lazythor myself. you beat it juggs hard mode style icon_e_wink.gif
  • Can we get rid of perma stun please. A lucky cascade by the ai had me stunned stunned devoured bt a 180 venom. No fun. How about adding a stun immunity. Like after you or ai comes out of a stun your immune to stuns for 1 round. That would fix a lot of frustration with venom and Spider-Man
  • yet another vaguely related pseudo random comment....

Last night at ~9pm MST - I stopped playing the Hunt for the evening - I was in 8th overall.

This morning at (almost) 9am MST - 12 h later - I was in still in 8th. Usually in (my) overnight span I drop 20-50 ranks.

That smacks of a great deal of PVE induced apathy, IMHO. never a good sign.

*** note - I just dropped to 10th.