The Hunt for the Falcon - April 18 - 27

Options

Comments

• KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm now 10k points behind 1st in my bracket and I don't even care anymore. So sick of this event. The glorious community scaling is now so much that a bad starting board = defeat. Sure I could retreat and heal up in prologue, but this **** really isn't worth that effort. I'll probably get my 1 Falcon cover as event entry ticket anyway. The rest of the event can go suck a big fat one.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    It seems to me these 9-10 day event would be better if they broke them up into 2 4-5 day events. I guess that'd also mean handing out twice the overall rewards but I'm sure there's got to be a way to solve that.

Completely agree. It would at least give more people a shot at it. I mean, for me, Savage just reopened last night at 11pm or so, and only for 12 hours I think. There was no way I could really burn my way through that, and sleep, and deal with business/work stuff at the same time

I'm sure from D3's point of view they don't have an incentive to just hand out twice the number of covers for the overall event which is what would happen if you just duplicate the event exactly but split up twice.

But surely it can't be that hard to have say a round 1 and round 2 with smaller placement reward and the combined score for the same overall PvE placement award.

right. Either that, or leave it as a 10 day event like it is, but get rid of the community scaling **** to allow those who want to play it a lot can, without winding up spending more time in prologue to heal up.
  • daveomite
    Options
    KaioShinDE wrote:
    I'm now 10k points behind 1st in my bracket and I don't even care anymore. So sick of this event. The glorious community scaling is now so much that a bad starting board = defeat. Sure I could retreat and heal up in prologue, but this **** really isn't worth that effort. I'll probably get my 1 Falcon cover as event entry ticket anyway. The rest of the event can go suck a big fat one.

About the same here. Was less than 7k behind originally, but then opted to put the phone down and sleep instead of messing with Savage any longer. Now about 11k back, and I seem to be avoiding even starting either Alaska or Florida as it's just more high level nodes, more prologue healing, more all around frustration.
  • Level 372 Ares, you sir are a tinykittying tinykitty. tinykitty your healpack burning rampage and instakill onslaught and go tinykitty yourself in your tinykittying tinykitty.

tinykitty.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    finwe wrote:
    Anyone else burnt out from this event? Grinding every day is getting pretty tiring.

Yeah, especially when I saw the 24h sub. And I'm guess the others in my bracket feel the same. Place fluctuation died down completely, everybody only doing minimum possible playing.

yup.... agreed. Seeing that too. Doing the same subs, with the same baddies over and over...and over and over...just gets tedious. Not to mention the looming doom of 395 crews completely rearranging your face, coming to a node near you soon.
    Coming soon? Welcome to my present.
  • I get scaling and thinks its good for a challenge. But why should my time spent in one sub event affect the next sub event. The 2 things are unrelated. There is no fun on a stupid 10 day event that by day 6 a lot of players are to the point they can no longer make any headway. 4 fights in the new node today and I'm out of health and done playing until I'm rested.

Is so disheartening to be top 3 first 4 days in my bracket then hit that developer mandated invisible wall that slowly slides me lower and lower out of ranking for top prize but mr full 1* and half 2s feels like he's strolling thru a daisy field enemies fainting at his feet.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well it seems like scaling is starting to get the best of people the top of the leaderboard in my bracket is almost to a full sub between first and tenth.
  • KaioShinDE wrote:

I know right? I am not even trying to aim for Falcon. I am just trying to get ranked high enough to get Heroic Tokens to expand up my roster with more covers. Some of which I need like OBW or Wolvie. This scaling makes it even more difficult to do that at this point.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No word from developers or their assigned spokes people on the general state of scaling? Surely a message board full of people saying how out of control it is deserves some kind of statement even if it is just a "Sorry we got it wrong. Again!".
  • daveomite
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    finwe wrote:
    Anyone else burnt out from this event? Grinding every day is getting pretty tiring.

Yeah, especially when I saw the 24h sub. And I'm guess the others in my bracket feel the same. Place fluctuation died down completely, everybody only doing minimum possible playing.

yup.... agreed. Seeing that too. Doing the same subs, with the same baddies over and over...and over and over...just gets tedious. Not to mention the looming doom of 395 crews completely rearranging your face, coming to a node near you soon.
    Coming soon? Welcome to my present.

well, I meant for those who haven't ran smack into that wall yet. I know you already did though...and I don't envy you right now one bit.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Copps wrote:
    Well it seems like scaling is starting to get the best of people the top of the leaderboard in my bracket is almost to a full sub between first and tenth.

Yeah, scaling has really gotten out of control to me. What's weird is how some people, like reckless, has already hit the 395 wall, yet some are still in 200 range, and some are even lower...even if we all play around the same amount of time, nodes, etc. Just seems to lack any sort of balance at all.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    No word from developers or their assigned spokes people on the general state of scaling? Surely a message board full of people saying how out of control it is deserves some kind of statement even if it is just a "Sorry we got it wrong. Again!".

I wouldn't count on it. I made a post several pages back about my thoughts on it, and no response from d3, not to mention countless pages of new and old players all commenting on the scaling issues thus far.

I just can't believe we still have 4 days of this. I'm curious to see just how high it will go, and if it will virtually put the breaks on almost everyone's progression in the event.
  • I don't think people have high levels across the board like they had in some past events. I had a level 300ish fight and a few high 200's on the Savage map, but there were also some starting as low as level 60 on the same map if I didn't feel like taking them on. I've had events where every node was level 230 and that was much worse.
  • You can't say people appear to have similar play time/scores but very different scaling because a small increase in score requires a very significant increase in PvE scaling at the top, but a small lead at the top is the key to winning the event. In Simulator Basic I was in a bracket with Bughunt and NoMistake and they led by 2K/1K at the end of round 1 roughly and never gave up that lead even though the total score was in the 270K range and missions are worth more points later on. You may have a significantly higher scaling for only having 500 more points, but that doesn't mean anything because that 500 points might be the final separation between #2 and #3.

Now if you don't care about these things, then that might not be much comfort to you, though if you don't care about your placement, you can always just play less too. Given this event's staggered brackets, it's impossible to tell if you're actually having any kind of lead if you're fighting in the key places (e.g. #2 vs #3), but even a small lead there is well worth a significant higher scaling because of how hard it is to build a lead against fellow crazies. It'd probably help if this event didn't have staggered sub brackets so that you can actually see whether you're still in the running for certain key placements or whether you can just cruise the rest of the way, either because you've a huge lead or that you've no hope of catching up.
  • ok Question

is there a way to make deadly level nodes go down. Now I have a deadly node with level 100s. Its in the Alaska hunt again, which was in the 60s last time i checked. I feel like i should keep ignoring it because I feel like I should not even dare to try it.
  • It's pretty sad that it's gotten to the point that I was able to place in the top 50 in the sub that ended this morning by doing a once over off about half of the nodes on the map.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    ok Question

is there a way to make deadly level nodes go down. Now I have a deadly node with level 100s. Its in the Alaska hunt again, which was in the 60s last time i checked. I feel like i should keep ignoring it because I feel like I should not even dare to try it.

Get busy dying. Or boost and try to beat them. Or don't even attempt them. With any of those options, the longer you wait, the higher those levels will be.

Community Scaling is just peachy isn't it? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Pamizard wrote:
    ok Question

Get busy dying. Or boost and try to beat them. Or don't even attempt them. With any of those options, the longer you wait, the higher those levels will be.

Community Scaling is just peachy isn't it? icon_e_biggrin.gif

its a pain in the butt. I want to try to get close to getting to torch's cover which now i know its impossible because of the community. (can I blame S H I E L D and 5DV?) jk jk icon_razz.gif I wont blame them.
  • Is Torch even possible?
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    Is Torch even possible?

I will answer your question with a question.

Has any of the past several remotely good pve progression awards possible?