The Hunt for the Falcon - April 18 - 27

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    So, um, I cannot for the life of me get the refresh timing. Is there any sense in playing Savage Land now since there are fewer than 12 hrs left? I'd like to die some while doing a refresh.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    So, um, I cannot for the life of me get the refresh timing. Is there any sense in playing Savage Land now since there are fewer than 12 hrs left? I'd like to die some while doing a refresh.

I'm finding the safest way is to identify the nodes you want to save for the last hour, but do some light grinding on the other nodes so that the last hour is less make or break. And then the nodes you don't care to save you just play them whenever you want.
  • locked wrote:
    Ah, so refreshes are 8 hours and not 12? I feel like a slowpoke. Not that it matters because I usually only do missions once a sub.

They were still 12 hours when I last checked the timings on them. I am only doing just a few nodes near the end so not knowing if the timing 8 or 12 hours makes no difference. I know when i did a few The hunt Savage nodes - 2 and a half hours ago I check to see if they refreshed in 8 hours.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Make it stop

4-22-14002_zps9621335f.png

Oh. My. God.

That is complete insanity.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:

I'm thinking about bypassing it for now. Would like sleep more than killing my self over, and over again. Besides, Spidey's webslinging arm is now tired from the last round of really high level nodes.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've opened 5 tokens this week (this was my first sub, I got the others from alliance) and I've drawn 2 yellow l.thor, 1 red l.thor, and 2 random 2**.
    So _this_ is where all my rewards have gone!
    All I've gotten is Ares, Moonstone, 2* Thor, 2* Wolvie and of course MHawkeye.
    Just give me _one_ LT cover, game!
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Make it stop
    The devs are targeting people who are too awesome. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Pulled a green L. Thor from Assault token tonight, but I sold it because I already pulled his fifth green cover from a standard token yesterday.

Hang in there, man.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Ghast wrote:
    Pulled a green L. Thor from Assault token tonight, but I sold it because I already pulled his fifth green cover from a standard token yesterday.

Hang in there, man.
    The one cover I've been pining for since before this event began, which by now, feels like sometime during the Italian Renaissance.

Congrats, but I hate you. icon_evil.gificon_lol.gif
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    I said, what the hell, and tried the 395 node. Beat it with 141 Lazy Thor and Human Torch (both buffed), 135 Classic Mags, and a full complement of boosts. Took 17 minutes and managed to kill Venom and Ares just after they got the match that would have been disaster for me -- Venom his 7th purple/Ares his 5th green. Bullseye would have been able to take out one of my guys on the turn after I killed him, because he got enough environmental AP to trigger thorned rose and put his black over.

The absurdity is that Lazy Thor only took about 5000 damage and Human Torch only took about 1500, which to the devs won't be enough. It is meaningless that one wrong move or an earlier cascade would have meant insta-kills to my characters.
  • over_clocked
    My LT has been 0/1/2 since Heroic Juggs, I was hoping to get more covers from a normal PvP event, but looks like the devs intend to milk the cashcow to the fullest. Suits me, I wouldn't have much fun with such a character anyway, but I sure want a red cover to at least have coverage for red when forced into lazy mode.
  • I've pulled today fifth yellow cover for Hood from assault token. Finally, my great protector of lCap and mighty stopper of Venom, Rag, Moonstone and Yelena is complete. No one will touch my defense and CD tiles! Feels good. I guess game apologised for giving me red DD from heroic token previously.
    BTW, mStorm, in jungle, with some meaty tank and battery (Thor, GSBW's purple(lv50 434)) can crush lv209 Bullseye III. Did it without boosts and using IM35 as sacrifice.
  • over_clocked
    I said, what the hell, and tried the 395 node.
    Sorry for being completely off-topic, are you a girl? I got confused.
  • reckless442
    locked wrote:
    I said, what the hell, and tried the 395 node.
    Sorry for being completely off-topic, are you a girl? I got confused.
    My immediate reaction to that question was to wonder if my age prevents me from saying yes.
  • Make it stop

4-22-14002_zps9621335f.png

Limerick time:

There was a lot of wailing
    In a game designed for failing.
    You hit the ground
    In a single round
    While the enemies kept scaling.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    GEFPenst wrote:
    I've pulled today fifth yellow cover for Hood from assault token. Finally, my great protector of lCap and mighty stopper of Venom, Rag, Moonstone and Yelena is complete. No one will touch my defense and CD tiles! Feels good. I guess game apologised for giving me red DD from heroic token previously.
    BTW, mStorm, in jungle, with some meaty tank and battery (Thor, GSBW's purple(lv50 434)) can crush lv209 Bullseye III. Did it without boosts and using IM35 as sacrifice.
    Congrats on Hood. I recently got his fifth Y from a token, too, though I've only got 3 B for now. Sigh.

MStorm + LThor + Hulk in forest is hella fun. Same concept as your MStorm + Thor + GSBW, I think, but less emotionally stable.
  • Bullseye 3 really isn't that bad. As long as you keep Thor's colors to yourself (red/yellow/green) you're pretty safe. I was running Mag/Thor/OBW and it was going pretty smoothly until a Symbiotic Snare randomly changed a tile to green that lead to an immediate match 4 green which lead to an Onslaught. Otherwise between Magneto and OBW I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have gotten enough AP to do anything useful. Honestly Bullseye 3 is a good example of where you can throw a level 400 battle without being ridiculous. I don't think I'll even bother attempting the level 300+ version of Daken though unless I'm desperate for points.

It's pretty funny when you do 2 Thunder Strikes followed by 2 Call the Storm just to kill one guy.
  • Phantron wrote:
    It's pretty funny when you do 2 Thunder Strikes followed by 2 Call the Storm just to kill one guy.

Hilarious icon_cry.gif
  • over_clocked
    I think I'll go Venom/Spidey on Bullseye III so as not to bother with 100500 enemy hp.

Wait...
  • reckless442
    Phantron wrote:

Hilarious icon_cry.gif
    It's even more hilarious when you've done all that and the guy still has 7500 health.