The Hunt for the Falcon - April 18 - 27

Options

Comments

• daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At least I crossed the 60k mark, and the whopping 250iso from the bagman sell off.
  • 9 tokens, 9 2**

icon_e_sad.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    ugh i finally lost to a node even though it was from a very very VERY unfair advantage.

Now i dont think i can scale up to a good rank before the end, trying to spam isos to get boosts but oh well I tried. I'll wait till savage land opens up because i only did a little bit of that or start round two of florida since i haven't started it yet
    Do not spend ISO on boosts, ISO is only for leveling. How can you level your guys if you spend ISO on boosts? Boosts are not to rely on.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    I just got 2 Wolvie green X-Force covers from my assault tokens. Yay? I mean, granted, they're 4* covers, but I still wish they'd been LazyThor or Torch covers instead.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one the RNG is f---ing with.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:
    ugh i finally lost to a node even though it was from a very very VERY unfair advantage.

Now i dont think i can scale up to a good rank before the end, trying to spam isos to get boosts but oh well I tried. I'll wait till savage land opens up because i only did a little bit of that or start round two of florida since i haven't started it yet
    Do not spend ISO on boosts, ISO is only for leveling. How can you level your guys if you spend ISO on boosts? Boosts are not to rely on.

As a counterpoint, if boosting will get you a rewards tier bump (say a named cover on a level-capped character, or a heroic instead of a standard during 1 -> 2 transition), it could be worth the expenditure. Depends on your roster.
  • Forgot about the round ending and just got on now. Got a Heroic Token, and wound up getting a Green Hulk cover. Up to 4 for his Green power now. Woot.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bullseye 2 at 260, Bullseye 3 at 284 lawl >.<

141 LT + 82 c.mags + 85 oBW still works but it takes a while :S
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    As a counterpoint, if boosting will get you a rewards tier bump (say a named cover on a level-capped character, or a heroic instead of a standard during 1 -> 2 transition), it could be worth the expenditure. Depends on your roster.
    Well yes but if you need to boost every match to get there, you will never have enough ISO to level the newly won covers. Boosting is a radical measure and anyway they drop often enough for the player to almost never need to buy them.
  • I usually only use boosts if I'm pressed for time. It is better to simply give up than repeatedly rely on boosts to beat nodes you've no way of otherwise beating, because all you're doing is wasting your iso 8s, and you'll probably still lose to the guys that can beat them normally. Unless there's a reason to believe you'll make a significant jump in your placement for doing this, you might as well save your iso 8s.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well this does not apply to bringing 3 blue and c.mags with 5B into a board... it almost guarantees a win
  • ZeiramMR wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:

i'm probably better off not wasting them anymore for boosts. I'm just afraid if i keep relying on boosts and keep winning the level nodes will be too high for me since my highest hero thats not human torch or classic storm being boosted to 60 and 62 is only iron man 35 at level 41 (currently working on leveling my A wolvie and M hawk, who can now get to only level 48)

Like In the alaska base, I already have a deadly node that has level 78s
  • HailMary
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Well this does not apply to bringing 3 blue and c.mags with 5B into a board... it almost guarantees a win
    I think people who use 5B CMags for infinite turns probably have enough +AP boosts stockpiled just from random fight completions. I only have a 3B CMags, and I've never depleted any of my +AP boost stockpiles.
  • HailMary
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    i'm probably better off not wasting them anymore for boosts. I'm just afraid if i keep relying on boosts and keep winning the level nodes will be too high for me since my highest hero thats not human torch or classic storm being boosted to 60 and 62 is only iron man 35 at level 41 (currently working on leveling my A wolvie and M hawk, who can now get to only level 48)

Like In the alaska base, I already have a deadly node that has level 78s
    You're correct, in that level scaling is completely blind to boost usage. Persistent use of boosts to win will raise your scaling.
  • locked wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Well yes but if you need to boost every match to get there, you will never have enough ISO to level the newly won covers. Boosting is a radical measure and anyway they drop often enough for the player to almost never need to buy them.

Isn't scaling teaching us that leveling characters is a fool's errand?
  • ZenBrillig wrote:
    locked wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:

Umm.. no?

If scaling is working as intended, and for the most part it is (and this event has been better than many in the past) then whether your A-team is level 50 or level 141, the enemies should be leaving you at the same percentage of your health and taking roughly the same amount of time. I have 2 accounts, and that holds roughly true for me.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Those staggered end times really mess up my timing.
    Since I'm leading my main by 2000 points without having touched Savage, I'll go for a one clear strategy on that sub.
    I'll get up tomorrow for the end of Florida, but don't feel like losing an additional hour of slee on a workday just to drive up my scaling when it looks as if. don't need the points.
    I'm guessing sub rubberbanding is based on the global sub leader, not on the leader of my own sub, so there should be some juicy points on the table.

Besides, all of this 'playing optimally' while juggling 3 subs with different end times really starts to burn me out.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    I just got 2 Wolvie green X-Force covers from my assault tokens. Yay? I mean, granted, they're 4* covers, but I still wish they'd been LazyThor or Torch covers instead.

It's weird that there is a higher chance for a 4* character than a non-featured 3*.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    locked wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:

Umm.. no?

If scaling is working as intended, and for the most part it is (and this event has been better than many in the past) then whether your A-team is level 50 or level 141, the enemies should be leaving you at the same percentage of your health and taking roughly the same amount of time. I have 2 accounts, and that holds roughly true for me.

If this is how scaling is suppose to work I would really hate to see it if it gets screwed up. I don't play because of sleep and work the levels go up. I lose a lot of matches and levels go up. I struggle like **** using boosts and levels go up. I lock down the board as that is the only way I can win and guess what? Yep levels go up but this time even faster.

I have just done 5 matches without locking down the board and in all five matches cascades destroyed my team.

As a side note I want to aplogise to my alliance mates for not contributing as much as I would like to.
  • Linkster79 wrote:
    If this is how scaling is suppose to work I would really hate to see it if it gets screwed up. I don't play because of sleep and work the levels go up. I lose a lot of matches and levels go up. I struggle like tinykitty using boosts and levels go up. I lock down the board as that is the only way I can win and guess what? Yep levels go up but this time even faster.

I have just done 5 matches without locking down the board and in all five matches cascades destroyed my team.
    There are 2 tell-tale signs in your post of why you're seeing scaling: 1) locking down the board and 2) boosts. I do neither of these things (no Spidey, no OBW, no boosts) and my enemy levels are sitting around 180 (my goto team is 141 Punisher, Lazy Cap boosted to 124, and 115 BWGS). So scaling puts the enemies in the "normal" to "hard" range for me. Right where I would expect to be given that I'm bouncing between 1st and 4th in my main bracket.

No matter what your team level is, you should see most nodes in the normal to hard mode, with a handful of trivial and deadly (not that those mean much for actual gameplay; to me it's just an indicator of their levels). If you're constantly boosting, healing, stunlocking, etc. then the system thinks you're better than you are and adjusts accordingly.

Compare that to previous events where everyone (as opposed to a select few) were seeing a wall of level 230's (the max at the time). So yeah, this is scaling working more or less as intended (based on what IceIX and others have said).
  • Riggy wrote:

But if that is how it's supposed to work, then there's no advantage to having a 141 team over a 50 team, since they perform identically. In fact, the 50 team has an (admittedly small) advantage in that they heal (time-wise) faster than the 141 team.