The Hunt for the Falcon - April 18 - 27

Options

Comments

• daveomite wrote:

No kidding. It's kind of like putting your hand in a running blender, realizing it hurt, then putting your hand back in the running blender again anyway.

OMG Luther flashback
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There seems to be very little rubber-banding, at least globally.

I've been 4k behind 1st in my main bracket since day 2 or so (he must have grinded all nodes to 0 when community scaling was low) and I'm at #5. That's a pretty unbeatable lead and I'm just 4 places behind. And #7 or #8 is 2k behind me. And this is all even though I ignored two full refreshes in the last two days because of Easter. It feels like the main bracket positions are already locked in no matter what people do from this point on. Unless they completely skip some sub events.
  • KaioShinDE wrote:

Rubber banding is off the subs not the global total. Hence leads are preserved from one sub to the next and hence will settle down.
  • HailMary wrote:
    Phantron: I'm gonna agree with TestyCow that high-level Bullseye is a massive annoyance. Get L150+ Bullseye and L150+ Daken on the same team, and every turn without firing a heavy-hitter ability makes me feel like Mickey Mouse in the last third of The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

In the past I made some of those with Loki. If he lives to get enough blacks (now probably more feasible with OBW) it's pretty fun game.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

308 Ares -- has 18705 health; does match damage of 136 yellow, 156 red, and 175 green; onslaught does 728 damage per green AP (i.e., at least 4368 damage); rampage does 2644 to each team member; and sunder does 6998.

Is Ares 5/5/5? If so, I guess the bad news is onslaught might be fired with 5 green but the good news is it then does "only" 3640 damage...
  • Earlier there was a guy claiming the ending times had shifted around in the middle of the sub and I didn't believe him but I swear on me mum last night at midnight Alaska said 15 hours left and now it's ending at noon. I'm not crazy I KNOW I'm not
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Earlier there was a guy claiming the ending times had shifted around in the middle of the sub and I didn't believe him but I swear on me mum last night at midnight Alaska said 15 hours left and now it's ending at noon. I'm not crazy I KNOW I'm not

i don't think you are crazy at all... seems like it did change. just now saw that Alaska is showing me it ends in right about 2 hours. I swear there was more time than that
  • daveomite
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

No kidding. It's kind of like putting your hand in a running blender, realizing it hurt, then putting your hand back in the running blender again anyway.

OMG Luther flashback

lol
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    i don't think you are crazy at all... seems like it did change. just now saw that Alaska is showing me it ends in right about 2 hours. I swear there was more time than that
    FWIW, my Alaska end time didn't change at all since it opened, and the end-time is indeed nigh.
  • KaioShinDE wrote:

Yea, it's screwing me over pretty good. I joined the first day to help my clan get a reward, but was unable to play for a few days after that. Now I'm so far back, I can't even crack the top 200 (and will miss out on some Falcon covers) when I complete each sub.

Hopefully, people will drop off over the next few days and I can make some ground. But I doubt it.
  • ugh i finally lost to a node even though it was from a very very VERY unfair advantage.

Now i dont think i can scale up to a good rank before the end, trying to spam isos to get boosts but oh well I tried. I'll wait till savage land opens up because i only did a little bit of that or start round two of florida since i haven't started it yet
  • daveomite
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    FWIW, my Alaska end time didn't change at all since it opened, and the end-time is indeed nigh.

yep...The end is here. I was higher in the bracket, but couldn't catch up at the end. But then, crazy high level nodes and average of only 400-500 per node didn't help much.
  • well i got my heroic token and it gave me magneto 3* O_O I can do the lightening round with him buffed up a little!!! Is his red cover ok?
  • I got home at ten till and was in 102nd place. Fought a quick match, was at #78. Thought another might push me to top fifty, and it got me to #52 with less than a minute left. Kinda cursing my luck, I opened my event token...

Green LazyThor! Woo-hoo! Now he's 0/3/4! First decent pull from one of the even tokens.
  • daveomite
    Options
    My token lead to yet another bagman. That is now the 4th or 5th bagman pull from the last 7-8 tokens. Wonderful.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    well i got my heroic token and it gave me magneto 3* O_O I can do the lightening round with him buffed up a little!!! Is his red cover ok?

Would love to tell you, but, I don't have 3* mags yet. Congrats though!
  • Pamizard wrote:
    well i got my heroic token and it gave me magneto 3* O_O I can do the lightening round with him buffed up a little!!! Is his red cover ok?

His red would probably be the best skill on several people, just not on Magneto, because his blue and purple are that good.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    I feel as if the Falcon Hunt Assault tokens are trolling me with awesomeness.

I desperately want to pull a LThor G (or two). I just got an IW G and a Torch G, which are awesome in their own right. It's like the RNG is saying "These aren't the green covers you want, but you can't complain about them because they're awesome! Muahahahaha!"
    Pamizard wrote:
    Nice cover! For the CMags lightning round, you don't actually need a CMags, because they'll have a loaner CMags. I'm not sure how much villains are buffed for lightning rounds, but if you have maxed/near-max 1* characters, I don't think a 1-cover buffed CMags will do much good. Definitely hold onto him, though. He's an absolute beast.

As Ben Grimm says, his red is good, but it's the worst of his three powers. His blue and purple are ridiculous.
  • got 2x Bagman from winning my bracket and Moonstone from Alliance token. ISO fed to Hood.

I took Let's Dance lvl 160 with Hulk, Patch and HT. Pretty doable, but I expect that on higher levels Hulk won't survive to effectively boost Berzerker Rage.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just got 2 Wolvie green X-Force covers from my assault tokens. Yay? I mean, granted, they're 4* covers, but I still wish they'd been LazyThor or Torch covers instead.