The Hunt for the Falcon - April 18 - 27

Options

Comments

• pasa_ wrote:
    How this event will end? If the 3rd Savage is also 24h long if I calculate correctly we still have 24h left. What then?
    During the previous runs of The Hunt the sub events gradually died out. If there wasn't enough time remaining to run them they would stay closed.
  • Frubzy
    Frubzy Posts: 77
    Options
    Say what u want.... Its tonns of iso, every 2 or so days i accumulate about 30k
  • Moghwyn wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:
    How this event will end? If the 3rd Savage is also 24h long if I calculate correctly we still have 24h left. What then?
    During the previous runs of The Hunt the sub events gradually died out. If there wasn't enough time remaining to run them they would stay closed.

So it means we may get a 4th instance of Alaska? MEH.
  • I thought we get x4 of every sub, which is why this scaling is worrying me so much. I can do it but I don't want to boost not lose a bunch if fights.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone else burnt out from this event? Grinding every day is getting pretty tiring.
  • Anyone else burnt out from this event? Grinding every day is getting pretty tiring.

I lost fun as Alaska got the repeat. Even before realizing the massive scaling. At this point it's both boring and unpleasant. Even when it actually works.
  • Anyone else burnt out from this event? Grinding every day is getting pretty tiring.

I'm not a big fan of 9-day events, but at least Simulator is fun, if exhausting. Grinding the same subs of Dark Avengers nodes 4 times over is just boring and tedious.
  • gamar wrote:
    Anyone else burnt out from this event? Grinding every day is getting pretty tiring.

I'm not a big fan of 9-day events, but at least Simulator is fun, if exhausting. Grinding the same subs of Dark Avengers nodes 4 times over is just boring and tedious.

Sim featured different boss for us and different battles for opponents on every leg. This just repeats the same barely interesting content over and over and over.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like its just the barrage of subevents. The 2-3 day events were nice because you could take the first day off and not have to worry about grinding: in this event you need to be grinding every day if you want your falcon.Maybe I should be lazier and not aim for top 10 in every sub: might be better for my sanity.
  • It seems to me these 9-10 day event would be better if they broke them up into 2 4-5 day events. I guess that'd also mean handing out twice the overall rewards but I'm sure there's got to be a way to solve that.

Yeah, especially when I saw the 24h sub. And I'm guess the others in my bracket feel the same. Place fluctuation died down completely, everybody only doing minimum possible playing.

Hey look, we agree on something.
    MikeHock wrote:
    Anyone else burnt out on this 10 day event yet?

We've got 5 more days of the same ol', same ol'.

Game is becoming a snoozefest. Spending 10 minutes to fight the same battles and get 20 ISO every other time is just not fun. Oh look, I've got to fight Level 200 Dakens, Bullseyes, Yelenas and Venoms again.
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    Options
    Nothing like getting my 3rd 3* pull from an Assault Token to get.... Loki (Black)
    Why is Loki even part of the Assault Team?
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just opted to bypass most of the latest Savage to see if would help reduce some nodes, also, wanted some sleep, lol. Being on the East coast, I couldn't really pull another all nighter to try to ram my way through 250+ baddies.

Have started either of the new Alaska or Florida subs, gonna wait it out a bit to see what happens.
  • daveomite
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:

Hey look, we agree on something.
    MikeHock wrote:
    Anyone else burnt out on this 10 day event yet?

We've got 5 more days of the same ol', same ol'.

Game is becoming a snoozefest. Spending 10 minutes to fight the same battles and get 20 ISO every other time is just not fun. Oh look, I've got to fight Level 200 Dakens, Bullseyes, Yelenas and Venoms again.

yeah...hasn't been much "fun" as of late. Really starting to wonder what the point of striving to get better is if they keep piling it on with through the roof scaling.
  • daveomite
    Options
    finwe wrote:

Yeah, especially when I saw the 24h sub. And I'm guess the others in my bracket feel the same. Place fluctuation died down completely, everybody only doing minimum possible playing.

yup.... agreed. Seeing that too. Doing the same subs, with the same baddies over and over...and over and over...just gets tedious. Not to mention the looming doom of 395 crews completely rearranging your face, coming to a node near you soon.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    It seems to me these 9-10 day event would be better if they broke them up into 2 4-5 day events. I guess that'd also mean handing out twice the overall rewards but I'm sure there's got to be a way to solve that.

Completely agree. It would at least give more people a shot at it. I mean, for me, Savage just reopened last night at 11pm or so, and only for 12 hours I think. There was no way I could really burn my way through that, and sleep, and deal with business/work stuff at the same time
  • djpt05 wrote:
    Nothing like getting my 3rd 3* pull from an Assault Token to get.... Loki (Black)

You b**tard! I mean that in the nicest way possible. I haven't pulled a Loki from any token in *literally* months.
  • daveomite wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    It seems to me these 9-10 day event would be better if they broke them up into 2 4-5 day events. I guess that'd also mean handing out twice the overall rewards but I'm sure there's got to be a way to solve that.

Completely agree. It would at least give more people a shot at it. I mean, for me, Savage just reopened last night at 11pm or so, and only for 12 hours I think. There was no way I could really burn my way through that, and sleep, and deal with business/work stuff at the same time

I'm sure from D3's point of view they don't have an incentive to just hand out twice the number of covers for the overall event which is what would happen if you just duplicate the event exactly but split up twice.

But surely it can't be that hard to have say a round 1 and round 2 with smaller placement reward and the combined score for the same overall PvE placement award.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tonzil wrote:
    djpt05 wrote:

You b**tard! I mean that in the nicest way possible. I haven't pulled a Loki from any token in *literally* months.
    Not missing much