The Hunt for the Falcon - April 18 - 27

Options

Comments

• If anyone knows how to contact Way To Easy from 5DeadlyOmens (I am sure you guys have some kind of chat thing going on you five alliances you) ask him to check up on 5th place in our Hunt Bracket, name starts with an R. Clear cheater, he/she should probably report that guy as well, he is not in an alliance. I did but they seem to be slow getting my reports. I just had a ticket closed from a cheater in the heroic jug event yesterday...
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    my totw levels has gone from 183 to 202. I haven't been grinding much, just one round per sub bracket, then only one round and one refresh for brackets that started yesterday. icon_e_sad.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Woot, snuck myself from 300something to top 10 in the last hour, and the Assault Team token yielded me a blue Hood. I think it's the first 3* I've gotten from this event.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I swear I intended to wipe but then it spiraled out of control...

7d1REzel.png
  • over_clocked
    Options
    I'm actually finding I enjoy the high-level nodes -- but only with a Cap / Hood / OBW team. To borrow a line from the Joker:

"You have nothing, nothing to threaten me with. Nothing to do with all your strength." (youtube)

I hate corralling high-level teams with Spiderman. But Cap/Hood/OBW, they just get stronger and stronger when a game goes long. Sometimes there are 5 countdown tiles on the board by the time the last over-leveled opponent is taken out.
    I quite like them myself, but it pains me to see so much green AP go wasted, I'd rather put up with Daken's strikes here and there.
  • So what's the points looking like down/up in 20th right now anyone? Scaling is starting to kick in and also laziness/fedupness/angerness/stopalreadyness too and it would be nice to take it easy-ish the last couple days.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    In my bracket, 89k is good enough for main top 20 right now. But my bracket is quite competitive as usual. A djangolier leading it atm with 96k (coolbond) icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • locked wrote:
    I swear I intended to wipe but then it spiraled out of control...

Ah yes good old Bulleye. Just failed to do those 200+ goon with a 1 star team. I might have another go this weekend when its the only sub left just to see if I can do it.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    If anyone knows how to contact Way To Easy from 5DeadlyOmens (I am sure you guys have some kind of chat thing going on you five alliances you) ask him to check up on 5th place in our Hunt Bracket, name starts with an R. Clear cheater, he/she should probably report that guy as well, he is not in an alliance. I did but they seem to be slow getting my reports. I just had a ticket closed from a cheater in the heroic jug event yesterday...
    yea i noticed he was a clear cheater as well, or someone who is very rich but i doubt it
  • So what's the points looking like down/up in 20th right now anyone? Scaling is starting to kick in and also laziness/fedupness/angerness/stopalreadyness too and it would be nice to take it easy-ish the last couple days.
    This event was depressing for me. It was basically reverse rubberbanding. No one's playing anymore so points are low. I think winners were determined about 2 subs ago.

I could see #19 in my bracket this morning (I was #15), and it was 86k and change. I think my bracket's a bit softer than some, though.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I made my usual pass through this morning and scored a whopping 2200 points in the Savage Lands sub mission. lol why are the point totals so low?

Still haven't seen any enemies above level 170. :knocks on head:
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    #5 with 95314 points... Will hit #1 if I do the sub before it closes in few hours time. And this is from not playing a few of the deadly nodes... Leaving some hidden nodes still hidden
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I made my usual pass through this morning and scored a whopping 2200 points in the Savage Lands sub mission. lol why are the point totals so low?

Still haven't seen any enemies above level 170. :knocks on head:

No one is grinding all the nodes like they could in the first few sub brackets so there's no rubberbanding.
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So what's the points looking like down/up in 20th right now anyone? Scaling is starting to kick in and also laziness/fedupness/angerness/stopalreadyness too and it would be nice to take it easy-ish the last couple days.
    This event was depressing for me. It was basically reverse rubberbanding. No one's playing anymore so points are low. I think winners were determined about 2 subs ago.

That's exactly what's happening from my observations as well. Due to the "new and improved" scaling combined with the insane length of the event, people are so exhausted, bored and discouraged that the competition has just stopped. I wonder if that's what the devs intended - make the PvE so tiresome and frustrating, that players will no longer want to play it. If that was their goal, then it's a stellar success. I look forward to the end of that monstrosity like I've never had before.
  • Daaaaad! Moooooooommm! Are we there yet? I'm booooooooored.

At least everyone is getting fed up with the event at the same time, so there won't be a whole lot more grinding required against 300+ nodes. That does put the high-end prog rewards likely out of reach, but 1 Torch cover just isn't worth this madness.
  • I entered the event on Friday, but was unable to compete until early Monday morning. Mistakenly thinking that global rubber-banding would catch me back up. So, I was about 35-40k in the hole when I began and was in 680th place after the first set of subs I competed in.

I'm still about 35k off the lead, but I've been slowly passing all the tired horses and I am in 75th place overall (without the help of much rubberbanding). I think it just shows the amount of frustration and burnout with the event.

It's actually kept me motivated trying to play catch up.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Do the "hunt only" boosts disappear after it ends or I can keep them for the next hunt?
  • Kolence wrote:
    Do the "hunt only" boosts disappear after it ends or I can keep them for the next hunt?

They will disappear from your UI, but they will reappear during the next event. At least, that's how the old one's (like 150% damage against HAMMER/Maggia) worked.
  • freakygeek
    freakygeek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    I have basically quit the Hunt. All the nodes are 400+ for me and all it takes is failing to permastun the enemy team for 3 or 4 matches and my whole team will be dead. Not only am I sick of grinding the same levels over and over but now getting killed so quick is just disheartening. Even Patch can't heal fast enough to take the hits from Level 400 Daken strike tiles. Every Hammer shot, every 1* move scaled to 400 from 40, every Ragnarok/Ares move is instant one hit kill I know some people have been cranking through this but I think the vast majority of people are rage quitting. My wife quit last night with her 2* team as her enemies moved to 180+ and she was getting killed constantly as well. How about instead of scaling characters so high the top players can't play as a way of controlling community scaling you just get rid of community scaling?