The Hunt for the Falcon - April 18 - 27

Options

Comments

• idanz wrote:
    SolidQ wrote:
    279 lvl Ares "Sunder" - http://i.imgur.com/HH7tu8E.jpg icon_lol.gif
    wow, this game looks so much prettier on the PC.
    It also is much laggier, at least for me
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    ^ No u, internal graphics?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    I *KNOW* that noone still can be sure, but considering that the new Alaska bracket is 48 hours, is it probable that the refreshes are going to be 12 instead of 8 hours?

Anyway - Depleted a node to 1 and will start the Savage subbracket in 8 hours so this should allow me to check if the node refreshes after those 8 hours...
    Eh? I thought the refreshes on these subs have been at 12 hours since the start?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Eh? I thought the refreshes on these subs have been at 12 hours since the start?
    I've been thinking the same icon_e_biggrin.gif Looks like 'shorter' subs always have 8 hr refreshes... Does it matter though? The scaling will kill us all.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Duh... of course they have been 12 hours from the start... no chance in hell that changed with even longer subbracket ;D
    Thank you very much for pointing that out... feeling a bit stupid but that's what working too much does to ya
  • locked wrote:
    The scaling will kill us all.
    Anybody figure out this new scaling yet? Difficulty seems to go up all by itself, even on the high danger nodes, so this isn't the community scaling we've been seeing in the past. Maybe it was changed so that community scaling is now a global modifier instead of a node modifier? At the rate scaling is skyrocketing we'll likely encounter level 400 nodes before the event ends.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moghwyn wrote:
    locked wrote:
    The scaling will kill us all.
    Anybody figure out this new scaling yet? Difficulty seems to go up all by itself, even on the high danger nodes, so this isn't the community scaling we've been seeing in the past. Maybe it was changed so that community scaling is now a global modifier instead of a node modifier? At the rate scaling is skyrocketing we'll likely encounter level 400 nodes before the event ends.

I'm guessing that the global scaling factor was ramped up for this event, which makes sense cause we only see a single node for 1.5 days.
  • I'm guessing that the global scaling factor was ramped up for this event, which makes sense cause we only see a single node for 1.5 days.
    There's more to it than that. All missions seem to increase at about the same rate, even those that an increasing number of players are avoiding. It's almost like levels are tied to the highest global main score, going up each time that score increases significantly enough.
  • Spoit wrote:
    I do kinda wonder what kind of community scaling 2* people are seeing, because most of the top 10 for my main are just starting their 3* transition

At this moment:
    Savage land highest node 'Bullseye III' 136/136/136
    Lowest 'Venom' 48/49/49
    And they keep creeping higher all the time...

Most of my good chars that I use are 85 twostars, best 3stars somewhere 50-60. So in the transition. I have most of the buffed characters. But I have been playing really carefully, using smaller heroes, dying (try to kill at least one in the match or take highdamage), no healing, using healthpacks, not grinding much, etc. And now im in top ten at my bracket of the whole hunt.

It would be interesting to know what are the values are in someone elses game. And has my really careful playing helped at all.
  • Yep, scaling blows. Tops in my Alaska bracket is boasting a max IM35 and MStorm. Next highest is a 34 X-Force.

Le sigh.
  • With the refreshing Maps or whatever we want to call it, I kinda wish it was the only event going on at the moment. Maybe LRs or something. Just feels hectic when you have something like one of these maps and the Hotshot event ending at the same time. I think I'm gonna try getting through Hotshot to a decent score, Shield, then focus on this.
  • Bullseye 3 is 228/229/229 for me.

So far the level scaling seems fine, except when you fight Daken, but Daken has always been way overpowered as a foe. You have a truly impressive roster of boosted heroes to use in this event.
  • I've actually found scaling to be very manageable. The highest enemy level I've fought has been 166 in Bullseye III, and I've been ripping through the event with Patch and OBW, stunlocking with Spidey when I've felt like it. Currently at some 41k score-wise. I've started to take damage intentionally and be generous with health packs, and I've completely stopped using heals during fights. Seeing as how others are fighting enemies almost double the levels that I'm seeing, I think I'm doing something right.
  • my bullseye 3 is 193.

has anyone found a way to lower enemy levels? I'm trained my entire roster through daken (gotten everyone killed) 3 times and haven't seen a level drop even once yet. a bit concerned my score is going to dive going forward at this rate (i don't have a crazy spiderman).
  • Havent seen any dropping in levels. And i have been killing my heroes a lot too. Just hope they go up slower...
  • The lowering part is your personal scaling and it's only if it's excessively high. The community scaling isn't going down because you're losing.

With some of the most powerful characters on the boosted hero list (LT, LC, OBW) don't expect community scaling to slow down anytime soon. LT at level 181 is more than a match for a level 230 DA except Daken.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The lowering part is your personal scaling and it's only if it's excessively high. The community scaling isn't going down because you're losing.

With some of the most powerful characters on the boosted hero list (LT, LC, OBW) don't expect community scaling to slow down anytime soon. LT at level 181 is more than a match for a level 230 DA except Daken.
    I just wish that some of those lazy cap tournies were lazy thor ones. I still only have his green
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    The lowering part is your personal scaling and it's only if it's excessively high. The community scaling isn't going down because you're losing.

I just wish that some of those lazy cap tournies were lazy thor ones. I still only have his green

I had HP to burn when Lazy Thor was previously featured in an event. I bit the bullet and added covers 4 and 5 to green...call of the storm has been very useful these last few days.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

I had HP to burn when Lazy Thor was previously featured in an event. I bit the bullet and added covers 4 and 5 to green...call of the storm has been very useful these last few days.

I keep pulling myself back from burning HP on Lazy Thor covers. I **know** the next tourney after I drop HP on covers, he will be the prize...
  • Nah, BP is going to be the next prize after Army of One - because I am about to blow 1250 on a final cover.