Upcoming Feature: Tournament Seasons Discussion

Options
12345679»

Comments

• I for one hope as the game ages we will see the day when 4*s are useful and desired. With two that are mostly referred to as jokes more than anything else that will never come to pass. Once there are 4-6 four stars that people can actually use the game can evolve past 3*s as the "End Game"

Does that day need to be tomorrow, absolutely not. We can take it slow getting there.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been playing around with bagwoman a bit, I'm still not seeing how she's a potential spidey replacement whenever the funbalancing goes through, like phantron was saying. The protect tile is nice, but it seems like the bubbles are hurting me way more than the AI.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:

Fury is a 4 star character, he SHOULD be the best character in the game. If we are going to have 20 characters that are all relatively the same power .. what's the point in progressing in this game?

I think having 20 characters that are all relatively the same power level is what the game should strive for. What keeps me interested and playing this game is coming up with new team compositions from the newly released characters and figure out how to integrate them into the existing roster. Power creep seems like a pretty bad model by comparison: "You completed 3* Thor? Well now here's 4* Thor who is functionally identical to 3* Thor except with 20% more stats! And in 3 more months, 5* Thor with 40% more stats!". I would much rather have what we have right now instead of that, since Ieach newly released character not automatically obsolete the other 3* characters in your roster is probably better for the long term health of the game. I was worrying about Fury since if his abilities end up being crazy, then he'll automatically obsolete any future released character that has a similar function as him, since why would you even bother leveling anyone else when you could use him instead? As is, he's... probably balanced? His blue doesn't seem like it can be overpowered, his yellow requires a ton of AP to use well, and his purple seems average if you can't get the CD tile off, so I was probably overreacting from the hype.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    I've been playing around with bagwoman a bit, I'm still not seeing how she's a potential spidey replacement whenever the funbalancing goes through, like phantron was saying. The protect tile is nice, but it seems like the bubbles are hurting me way more than the AI.

I think she's much more effective on defense than offense. The AI can see how to match through the bubbles, but it's hard for a human to it the same, especially since we're used to matching without bubbles being there. That means she's a character who is actually better in the hand of the computer than the user. And maybe the only one.

EDIT: matching cascades that is.