Upcoming Feature: Tournament Seasons Discussion

Options

Comments

• mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    Edit: And now I have only one event on the events tab. A grayed out Shield season 1. =(

Restarting my phone fixed this problem for me.
  • Mine showed nothing by the first Season thing, so I quit and restarted and now I've got everything again.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    Riggy wrote:
    Edit: And now I have only one event on the events tab. A grayed out Shield season 1. =(

Restarting my phone fixed this problem for me.
    Yeah, mine's fixed now. The issue is normally a communication issue b/w the app and the server. Until it can verify the end times of the events (or some such thing like that), it simply displays no events. I restarted the app a few times and they eventually came back. Now to grind against my level 230's and try to hold on to top 10 in main (top 2 is rapidly becoming a distant dream).
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since they mentioned the seasons would be kind an aggregate of all other PvP tourneys (at least that's how I understood it) I'm surprised to see a clickable event tab. Maybe it's just a qualification/sign-up mission like the global bracket mission for PvEs. I hope it's not another form of SHIELD Training. I can already imagine people shielding with 25 days left on the event. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • KaioShinDE wrote:
    Since they mentioned the seasons would be kind an aggregate of all other PvP tourneys (at least that's how I understood it) I'm surprised to see a clickable event tab. Maybe it's just a qualification/sign-up mission like the global bracket mission for PvEs. I hope it's not another form of SHIELD Training. I can already imagine people shielding with 25 days left on the event. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Well, you'd need the tab to view your standings and the rewards, wouldn't you?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Aaaand... the cover is for top 100 alliances only.

From the bottom of my heart, I say TINYKITTY THIS.
  • So, we also have Shield Training resetting every season (and contributing to it). This is... interesting.

But covers only for alliances, and only one cover for the new character at all, and only for alliances? That's messed up.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Aaaand... the cover is for top 100 alliances only.

From the bottom of my heart, I say TINYKITTY THIS.

Nothing tiny about this particular kitty, but I agree.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2014
    Options
    SamBC wrote:
    So, we also have Shield Training resetting every season (and contributing to it). This is... interesting.

But covers only for alliances, and only one cover for the new character at all, and only for alliances? That's messed up.

It's a 4*. Those aren't really meant to be handed out much. Only as top uber prizes.

And Black Hulk is in the progression awards!
  • So just to make sure I got this - the season ranking is bracketed at 5000, right? With you joining a bracket as soon as you compete in the first eligible PVP?
  • scottee
    Options
    idanz wrote:
    So just to make sure I got this - the season ranking is bracketed at 5000, right? With you joining a bracket as soon as you compete in the first eligible PVP?

From the placement rewards, that's what it looks like.
  • scottee wrote:
    SamBC wrote:
    So, we also have Shield Training resetting every season (and contributing to it). This is... interesting.

It's a 4*. Those aren't really meant to be handed out much. Only as top uber prizes.

Handed out to about 2000 people... Truly elite icon_e_biggrin.gif

Just kidding, it seems quite fair to me.
  • scottee
    Options
    Kappei wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    SamBC wrote:

Handed out to about 2000 people... Truly elite icon_e_biggrin.gif

Just kidding, it seems quite fair to me.

I suspect that's around how many they hand out as #1 placement reward in a standard PVP tourney. And I'm sure Fury will show up as such next month after he's been released in Shield Season 1. Unless they keep him as only a Season reward.
  • I like the people that are complaining about a character that will cost them 500+ HP to keep and have zero value to their success in future events*.

(* - assuming demiurge doesn't pull a nasty trick of making Nick an 'essential' hero in future PvE nodes)
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I like the people that are complaining about a character that will cost them 500+ HP to keep and have zero value to their success in future events*.

(* - assuming demiurge doesn't pull a nasty trick of making Nick an 'essential' hero in future PvE nodes)

IW has been required before so there's no reason they won't make Nick 'essential'.
  • Also, this is a preview of the cover - not the full release. There will be more Nick Fury covers after season one ends.
  • Toxicadam wrote:

The chance of this happening is approximately 100%, with a margin of error of 0.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I like the people that are complaining about a character that will cost them 500+ HP to keep and have zero value to their success in future events*.

I'm not so sure about this: have you seen his purple? You get a 147 strike tile at level 2 purple and the guy's level 30. If he scales well with levels then he might end up being the best character in the game. (once spidey/c. mags gets nerfed). This guy might make the game P2W as Phantron was fearing since if he is even 25% better than LT, then you won't be able to compete without him.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yeah but HEAVILY P2W... remember that a single cover costs 2500, then after winning 3 different ones (which task in itself is going to take a LONG time unless you are one of the forum crazies) you will have to cough up 10x2500 which is 25.000 HP, which is worth over 100 USD... AND after that you will have to cough up gazzillions of ISO to level him up (although at this point he starts to nuke everything he sees and the amount of iso you pump into him is not that relevant :>)
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I'm not so sure about this: have you seen his purple? You get a 147 strike tile at level 2 purple and the guy's level 30. If he scales well with levels then he might end up being the best character in the game. (once spidey/c. mags gets nerfed). This guy might make the game P2W as Phantron was fearing since if he is even 25% better than LT, then you won't be able to compete without him.

Using an argument that Phantron espouses is always a bad idea.

Fury is a 4 star character, he SHOULD be the best character in the game. If we are going to have 20 characters that are all relatively the same power .. what's the point in progressing in this game?

As morgh said, the costs of this game are so outlandish that the only people that will "P2W" are so miniscule it won't even be noticeable. Especially when tournaments are bracketed for 200-500 people and we're all cordoned off into our own MMR bubbles.

Plus, ANY character, no matter how strong can be circumvented with the right boosts or strategies or abilities. Because you're always facing against a dumb AI that isn't playing optimally. If you were playing a game that was true PvP (like an FPS) then you might have a valid concern about P2W.