Upcoming Feature: Tournament Seasons Discussion

Options

Comments

• KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Will this be a way to add more easily accessible 4* cover rewards for the kind of player that achieves Top5 all the time but never quite first place because there is always someone insane in the bracket? Because that would be totally sweet. And a 4* cover a month wouldn't waste player progression either.
  • KaioShinDE wrote:
    Will this be a way to add more easily accessible 4* cover rewards for the kind of player that achieves Top5 all the time but never quite first place because there is always someone insane in the bracket? Because that would be totally sweet. And a 4* cover a month wouldn't waste player progression either.

can 4* covers really waste progression? Does anyone at all even use 4*s outside of special buffed tourneys? way to expensive iso-wise
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    i-am-amish wrote:
    KaioShinDE wrote:

can 4* covers really waste progression? Does anyone at all even use 4*s outside of special buffed tourneys? way to expensive iso-wise

Yeah the current ones just aren't worth it, but eventually the game will move to a place where 4*s are required for the top-end to compete. It's inevitable. Just one really strong new 4* might start the arms race.
  • KaioShinDE wrote:
    i-am-amish wrote:
    KaioShinDE wrote:

Yeah the current ones just aren't worth it, but eventually the game will move to a place where 4*s are required for the top-end to compete. It's inevitable. Just one really strong new 4* might start the arms race.

Yeah, I was mainly agreeing that a 4* cover reward would rock, because they are really just eye candy.
  • KaioShinDE wrote:

Possibly.

I'm kind of doubting it, though, given that it takes 2500 HP to upgrade a power one level and that the cost of getting a 4* to the point where it is better than a 3* is insane. That's assuming that they "only" take it to about level 170 or so and not go all the way to level 230.

About the only people able to do that are SHIELD members and people who spend hundreds of dollars to play.
  • Teke184 wrote:
    KaioShinDE wrote:

Possibly.

I'm kind of doubting it, though, given that it takes 2500 HP to upgrade a power one level and that the cost of getting a 4* to the point where it is better than a 3* is insane. That's assuming that they "only" take it to about level 170 or so and not go all the way to level 230.

About the only people able to do that are SHIELD members and people who spend hundreds of dollars to play.
    And the cheaters! icon_razz.gif
  • gamar wrote:
    Teke184 wrote:
    KaioShinDE wrote:

Possibly.

If a cheater is sandboxed and we don't see them, do they really matter?
  • Teke184 wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Teke184 wrote:
    KaioShinDE wrote:

Possibly.

Well, currently, seeing level 230 4*s in someone's roster is one of the best ways to identify a cheater in the first place...
  • gamar wrote:
    Teke184 wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Teke184 wrote:
    Possibly.

Well, currently, seeing level 230 4*s in someone's roster is one of the best ways to identify a cheater in the first place...

Nah, Bro. I spent my entire years salary on MPQ. Totes worth it.
  • i-am-amish wrote:
    Nah, Bro. I spent my entire years salary on MPQ. Totes worth it.

If I saw someone with six digits of Hero Points, I'd get suspicious, sure. But maxxing IW and XForce Wolvie? RIGHT to the report button

icon_e_wink.gif
  • Kavel
    Kavel Posts: 85
    Options
    Seems like a cool idea.
  • Chimaera wrote:
    Katai wrote:
    Where shield members use (davecazz is on his what? 3rd shield so far? in the cap tourney) HP stocks from winning 500hp every 3 days to make sure they win again. Even if he doesn't want that that IW cover (he probably does) he needs to keep it from others to maintain ranking..

Btw, my shield habits haven't really changed from pre alliance times.

The only exception is what I go for the new 1100 3* prizes. We hardly think about the hp prize as needing to get it in order to keep winning, or even to make sure other people don't get it so we won't be challenged. We just play the game and try to get all our covers, hp is nice but we just really like to play. I think most of us are more concerned about ISO so we can level our guys.
  • Lycra wrote:
    Well, i know you guys can't be meaning 5DV, coz since day one till now, we only ever lost 2 members. and Beezer knows why where they went, don't you Beezer? icon_e_wink.gif

Honestly no, I'm smart enough to figure out from your post that two people must have left 5DV for S.H.I.E.L.D but who they are and why they left is beyond me. I had far too much trouble keeping track of what alliance I was in when the great alliance expansion of 2014 was going on.

But I appreciate that you think I'm in the loop icon_mrgreen.gif

I'm really not sure how you all keep track of what alliances so and so is in and how long they've been there and what other one they were in. If I see a sig with a banner I've never seen before I just naturally assume it's a Django member... so I pretty much think everyone is in Django. Which is fine since most everyone hangs out in their alliance thread anyway.

You're all honorary members, and we love you all.

Unless your name begins with J or K.

Unless you're Jadcho. Jadcho is good people.
  • allorin wrote:
    Lycra wrote:
    Well, i know you guys can't be meaning 5DV, coz since day one till now, we only ever lost 2 members. and Beezer knows why where they went, don't you Beezer? icon_e_wink.gif

Honestly no, I'm smart enough to figure out from your post that two people must have left 5DV for S.H.I.E.L.D but who they are and why they left is beyond me. I had far too much trouble keeping track of what alliance I was in when the great alliance expansion of 2014 was going on.

But I appreciate that you think I'm in the loop icon_mrgreen.gif

I'm really not sure how you all keep track of what alliances so and so is in and how long they've been there and what other one they were in. If I see a sig with a banner I've never seen before I just naturally assume it's a Django member... so I pretty much think everyone is in Django. Which is fine since most everyone hangs out in their alliance thread anyway.

You're all honorary members, and we love you all.

Unless your name begins with J or K.

Unless you're Jadcho. Jadcho is good people.

I just saw how the J and K go at it soooo much lol. I get out the popcorn and slurp. Better than movies.
  • Teke184 wrote:
    KaioShinDE wrote:

Possibly.

Lol I am bit able to level 4* I think people are going a bit overboard with this SHIELD thing we don't walk on water. It's true we probably get more HP then other alliances but ISO is pretty well spread lol
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    Lol I am bit able to level 4* I think people are going a bit overboard with this SHIELD thing we don't walk on water. It's true we probably get more HP then other alliances but ISO is pretty well spread lol

I guess when you consider that the difference of 50/100/200/whatever HP between reward tiers can actually be fairly considerable (when using that HP for shields, for example) whereas the difference of 1-2K ISO between reward tiers is only one extra level into a 100+ 3* cover at most.
  • I think people are going a bit overboard with this SHIELD thing we don't walk on water
    But do you run on caffeine?

Once a bunch of people reach the half-year mark, they'll have got some X-Force Wolverine covers in daily rewards. Add that to any won or picked up by luck, and there's more chance of people having a levellable one....
  • beemand2g wrote:

Getting an extra 400 HP per event because y'all finish first in the alliance rankings pretty much every time adds up.

Considering that a power for a 3* is about 1000 and a 4* is about 1500, each of y'all could afford to pay for a power upgrade about every 3 events.
  • Dayraven wrote:
    I think people are going a bit overboard with this SHIELD thing we don't walk on water

Once a bunch of people reach the half-year mark, they'll have got some X-Force Wolverine covers in daily rewards. Add that to any won or picked up by luck, and there's more chance of people having a levellable one....

There's a huge difference between levellable and levelled. At the moment there are so many 3* that nobody has even got close to level properly a 4*. I think the closer one is walkyourpath, with a L180+ (was it 180?) IW. And he was talking about 3k+ ISO to let her just gain a level. Honestly what would you prefer? 3 or more levels in a really good 3* that lets you stay on top of every event or a single level in a 4* that is barely usable as it is? That's why anybody with a L 230 4* gets instantly reported, there's no doubt that they cheated to get that.
  • Kappei wrote:
    Dayraven wrote:
    I think people are going a bit overboard with this SHIELD thing we don't walk on water

There's a huge difference between levellable and levelled. At the moment there are so many 3* that nobody has even got close to level properly a 4*. I think the closer one is walkyourpath, with a L180+ (was it 180?) IW. And he was talking about 3k+ ISO to let her just gain a level. Honestly what would you prefer? 3 or more levels in a really good 3* that lets you stay on top of every event or a single level in a 4* that is barely usable as it is? That's why anybody with a L 230 4* gets instantly reported, there's no doubt that they cheated to get that.

Yep, my IW is at 182 right now. Using entropic01's sweet ISO calculator (which is now updated for 4*s too), I looked up what I've spent on her so far and my jaw dropped.

Then I looked at how much it would take to max her, and my jaw dropped again.

So the cost of taking her from current to max would allow me to fully level a new 3*. (*coughthreestardakencough*) I'll continue to treat leveling her as something I do when I've just dumped a ton of ISO into someone else and have a little left over.