Server Outage (2/28/17) [Resolved]

1234568»

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Star Wars Galaxy Of Heroes sent out 500 crystals, their premium currency.
    Star Trek Timelines sent out 250 Chronitons, their premium currency.

MPQ?
    We're sorry, wasn't our fault.

All these other games (I'm sure there are a ton more) didn't _have_ to compensate.
    But it makes for goodwill if they do.

MPQ once again proves it's the stingiest of stingies when it comes to compensation, justified or not.

Did the devs actually state that there will be no compensation?
    I missed that.
    No, but when would they send it out if they planned on doing so?
    3 days after the fact?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm having Connection issues again. Anyone else? Game just freezes up when I try to enter a node...
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Copps wrote:
    While I understand it isn't their fault the servers are down. You can't develop a game that is this time sensitive and not expect people to be angry when they can't make their targets due to things beyond their control. I'm pretty ambivalent on compensation merely because when they do give it out it's so littlest I don't really care. But it's completely understandable for people essentially paying a subscription (VIP) to expect what they are paying for to work.

This in a nutshell! I don't care when people who don't pay demand compensation (not that I know the difference in who is paying and who is not) but some of us have essentially entered into a subscription agreement thru VIP. Much like any paid for service, you just hope it always provides what it says. When it doesn't, asking for compensation isn't out of the question.

Although the issue isn't directly MPQ fault, when you keep angering paying customers you start to lose them. In the end, its entirely their right to determine what kind of business they wish to be...and our right to choose to do business with them based on their decision.
  • Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    It is fascinating how some people are now in stockholm syndrome with D3.

We are in a business free market here. I don't care what the problem is upstream, this is their problem not mine. The problem is not downstream, this is not my Phone problem, not my mobile service provider problem, this is not my electricity or my playing habit or the city I choose to live in. Everything is fine on my side of thing, I DID NOT CREATE the problem. Someone did upstream and this is a D3 choice, I'm really sorry that they made the wrong choice and now they suffer from it, but as a customer, not my problem. Do they have to give compensation in a Free To Play game, yes, they make money from this FTP game. And yes, I could go play other game that don't rely on Amazon. Will I do, may be not, the game is still good other then this downtime.
  • Mrwbdeal
    Mrwbdeal Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Like that mans wife I too have lost all my progress. 700 plus days and now all i get is a starter screen. Emailed them but if i dont get a fix i am gone. Not going to invest the time and money to start all over to see it disappear for no fault of mine.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Mrwbdeal wrote:
    Like that mans wife I too have lost all my progress. 700 plus days and now all i get is a starter screen. Emailed them but if i dont get a fix i am gone. Not going to invest the time and money to start all over to see it disappear for no fault of mine.
    Same exact decision she made
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Mrwbdeal wrote:

Same issue for me. The game is gone from the Amazon Underground store, so I tried to switch over to Google Play, which has me stuck at the Tutorial with no ability to overwrite from save state because it was on Amazon. Even worse, when I tried playing on my Kindle it works fine, but the save state was from a week ago and it doesn't have any record of my rewards from the Coulson release event, Hood PvP, Thor PvP, or any of the Deadpool Dailies for this week. I've played this game for 26 months, spend hundreds of dollars, and now I've lost a significant amount of progress. Unless CS can resolve this issue and return to me my lost rewards, I feel this is the death knell for this game for me.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    I don't mind if there is no compensation, but maybe extending time on events during the time would have been good. Missed out on progression in the Thor PVP because I could play.
  • Mrwbdeal
    Mrwbdeal Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Mrwbdeal wrote:

I know my game is still there as i get updates that say i am being attacked in gods of thunder. But i click on it and just goes to beginner screen.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Star Trek Timelines sent out 250 Chronitons, their premium currency.

Actually, dilithium is the premium currency in STT. Chronitons are more like the equivalent of health packs.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

And Slashdot's verdict on it.

Warning, some profanity in the comments.
  • HaiKulture
    HaiKulture Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    *Sadness* Due to the server crash, my rotation schedule got jostled and try as I might to make it up only came in 12th on Venom icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

Missed my precious Gwenpool covers!

GWENPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I lost 2 Coulson covers that i was able to claim just before the outage. I guess they must not have registered to the servers as they went down just seconds later. CS says no compensation will be given to individuals as that would not be fair to the rest of the players. Needless to say I won't be accepting that response. Re-submitted my ticket again. I'm not asking for compensation or free covers, I just want the covers back that I earned fair and square!! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just another reason to vote no with your wallet. If they can't take responsibility for an outage of the game they develop (whatever the cause) and care enough about their customers to give some small pittance to keep their business, then why should they keep mine?