Server Outage (2/28/17) [Resolved]

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Marvel Puzzle Quest is currently being affected by an outage through Amazon Web Services. We hope to have the game up and running soon.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Update:
Amazon wrote:
As of 1:49 PM PST, we are fully recovered for operations for adding new objects in S3, which was our last operation showing a high error rate. The Amazon S3 service is operating normally.

Comments

• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    giphy-downsized-large.gif
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

Marvel Puzzle Quest is currently being affected by an outage through Amazon Web Services. We hope to have the game up and running soon.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Thanks for the sticky Brigby!
  • Tylander45
    Tylander45 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Since we can't play the game, any chance we can get some reading material on new updates coming soon?? icon_e_wink.gif
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    *Sigh* it always, always happens during my peak gaming hours. First it was the previous iOS update, then my VIP renewal didn't go through last week and today server outage. It seems to me there have been a lot of snafus lately.

I have only one word in mind: compensation!

Serious question, will we be getting compensation for this or will it again be a shrug of the shoulders and moving on?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    kyo28 wrote:
    icon_rolleyes.gif
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    kyo28 wrote:
    *Sigh* it always, always happens during my peak gaming hours. First it was the previous iOS update, then my VIP renewal didn't go through last week and today server outage. It seems to me there have been a lot of snafus lately.

Serious question, will we be getting compensation for this or will it again be a shrug of the shoulders and moving on?

This issue ISN'T their fault. It's an Amazon issue. Ask Amazon for compensation.
  • RhodeyWM
    RhodeyWM Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    I'm assuming all of MPQ runs through AWS? Neither Apple nor Android devices can connect. Just trying to get a better idea of how the game works.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2017
    UGH I HAD TO TALK TO MY COWORKERS DURING LUNCH! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME????

66398301.jpg
  • Bondidude
    Bondidude Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Dormammu wrote:
    kyo28 wrote:
    icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_lol.gif
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Well the good news I assume is that if no one can get on, no one is hitting my expired shield right now...
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2017
    How are some people able to get in and play and others can't?

Cats everywhere are sad
  • GreenyBoy
    GreenyBoy Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    There goes my 6x clear...
  • Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2017
    zonatahunt wrote:
    kyo28 wrote:

This issue ISN'T their fault. It's an Amazon issue. Ask Amazon for compensation.

Not my problem, I deal with D3, they deal with Amazon. They are the one that should ask Amazon for compensation and then give some to us.

If your Ford car have a seat problem, would you give a **** that Ford say: No compensation, the seat are not made by us ?!?!
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    nonnel wrote:

This I would also like to know!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    chris0001 wrote:
    nonnel wrote:

This I would also like to know!
    Everyone has a 15% chance to get into the game.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I'm UK based and it's down here too. Must be a global thing and not just US.
  • Megdar wrote:
    zonatahunt wrote:
    kyo28 wrote:

Not my problem, I deal with D3, they deal with Amazon. They are the one that should ask Amazon for compensation and then give some to us.

If your Ford car have a seat problem, would you give a **** that Ford say: No compensation, the seat are not made by us ?!?!
    I would if the seats were provided and maintained As-A-Service
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Megdar wrote:
    zonatahunt wrote:
    kyo28 wrote:

Except in your analogy, the car is fine, the roads are undrivable.
  • ThePunishers
    ThePunishers Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Any idea of when the game will be up and running? Have already missed the first round of LR's and trying to maintain top five in PVP.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    I would not say no to either a big chunk of iso or an extra day tacked on to my 4* covers set to expire soon. Missing out on lightning rounds here! icon_e_wink.gif