Server Outage (2/28/17) [Resolved]

Comments

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Currently 85 guests on the forums , welcome all , as an earlier response said , hope some of you stay icon_e_smile.gif

I suspect that d3 might give some small compensation even though it doesn't have to. As a goodwill gesture to the massive amount of users that have been affected.

Luckily for me, I'm one of the few users that are not too concerned about the current pve as I've been unwell and sleeping for a lot of the time anyway so would only be placing about 300

Totally understand people's Fury at not being able to get in though
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Seems like this thread has gotten to the point of a lock down, pending server resolution?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    For crying out loud.

icon_cry.gif I'm going to miss out on this PVP!
    icon_cry.gif This will affect my entire season!
    icon_cry.gif How will I complete DDQ?!?

Every now and then things don't go right. The world is full of chaos. Let's maybe cool it on the spoiled demands for compensation and just relax. Everything is going to be okay, I promise.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I was just able to get into the game but points don't seem to be registering in deadpool daily. Did one of the nodes but didn't get points or progression rewards for it.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Megdar wrote:
    You are all so funny, you are the kind that sound like if you buy a rip shirt and you go see the store and they tell you, "Sorry, not our fault the shirt came like this at the store so we don't have to refund you"

And you would say, "Ho ok, the store did not rip the shirt not their fault"

Why would you buy a ripped shirt? This analogy makes no sense.
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu,

I've come to bargain. One, LT, 100 HP and 5000 ISO. Or live in this forum loop forever.
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Dormammu wrote:
    For crying out loud.

Every now and then things don't go right. The world is full of chaos. Let's maybe cool it on the spoiled demands for compensation and just relax. Everything is going to be okay, I promise.

Damn. When the Dread Dormammu Himself tells you to chill out, maybe it's time to chill out.

"By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggath, Calm Your ****, People!"
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Read your Terms of Service. They owe nothing. When and if they do compensate for an issue in the game it is entirely at their discretion.

D3 does a lot wrong, but this one wasn't their fault.

Don't like the game design which requires specific scheduled play that could be affected by specific time outages/issues? Don't pay them for it; that's the best way to give feedback.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    For crying out loud.

You can't use the fallacy of relative here to shut down discussion.
    Yes, in the grand scheme of things it's not important. But it *is* a problem. Just because it's not as serious as world hunger doesn't mean it shoudn't be dealt with.

An outage happened. As a result people will get less than the otherwise would have. It does not hurt D3 or Demiurge in *any way* to offer a little something as a way of easing the burden. They don't lose millions of dollars by giving away some made up digital items that cost nothing to manufacture or distribute.

Using the word "compensation" seems to be the more contentious issue than the idea of people getting something as a way of easing the pain on losing out.
    I was on course for a high placement in the Venom PvE. That's gone now because it went down as my slice was nearing the end of the sub. So I'm going to lose out.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    It is frustrating though. I couldn't play until shortly before 6pm GMT today by which time the servers were down. I haven't done DDQ, haven't started PvE, missed three LRs and counting. I know it sounds terribly entitled to ask for compensation but I do feel that I'm missing out. It's not affecting the user base equally and I'm out several thousand ISO. I'll make it back, no doubt, but it's just putting me further behind in the never ending race to keep up. Oh well, never mind...
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    I know its not their fault but I'd be really happy if they could extend LRs an extra day!
  • DukeUpdate
    DukeUpdate Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    If the server outage had been on Sunday night instead, maybe I wouldn't have been so distracted and handed Warren Beatty the wrong envelope.....
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2017
    *gasp*

Brigby is here!

Edit: Save us!
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    I am a pretty competitive player when it is the case. But man, you guys have to learn to relax and enjoy the game. You're supposed to play for fun. It's not your second job...

I'm not blaming you in any way, I would have wanted to play miself right now, but you have to realize that if you feel this frustrated for an outage, you have a problem. It's not the end of the world.

Or is it ? (Pam pam pam... Nothing makes sense...)
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    It's not the end of the world.

Or is it ? (Pam pam pam)
    Eighth sign of the apocalypse?
  • Amsha3gar
    Amsha3gar Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Right now, it's working again for me. According to the amazon status page, it should be resolved
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great, servers weren't working before and now I am FORCED to update, thanks guys!

Ps: Can we please stop forcing users to update so early. Just one day is not enough time (specially when one in every four updates breaks the game). We should have at least one week to update before the app forces you to!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Update:
    Amazon wrote:
    As of 1:49 PM PST, we are fully recovered for operations for adding new objects in S3, which was our last operation showing a high error rate. The Amazon S3 service is operating normally.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:
    Update:
    Amazon wrote:
    As of 1:49 PM PST, we are fully recovered for operations for adding new objects in S3, which was our last operation showing a high error rate. The Amazon S3 service is operating normally.

FYI. I'm still not able to get in.