Server Outage (2/28/17) [Resolved]

Comments

• Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    While I understand it isn't their fault the servers are down. You can't develop a game that is this time sensitive and not expect people to be angry when they can't make their targets due to things beyond their control. I'm pretty ambivalent on compensation merely because when they do give it out it's so littlest I don't really care. But it's completely understandable for people essentially paying a subscription (VIP) to expect what they are paying for to work.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2017
    Megdar wrote:
    Cripes, guys, it's an AWS problem. Nothing to do with D3. Demanding compensation is like asking for free movies from your cable service just because the electricity went out in your neighborhood.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/02/28/amazo ... -and-apps/

Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

It is not my Internet provider the problem, or my Electricity provider. The problem is D3 using Amazon. Yes I can ask compensation when D3 provider fail. No one have the obligation to use Amazon. This is not a random poor thing happening to D3, they made a choice. If there is an Electricity shortage in D3 city and they can't provide service for the game anymore I will ask for compensation. Same thing here. This is not my stuff failing, this is their stuff.

My cab had many choices of route to take but he chose the one that we had to wait for an accident... compensation!
    Makes about as much sense. Get real.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    bbigler wrote:
    I've neglected my wife and children for the past 3 years because of this game, I demand compensation too.

WoW lawsuits all over again.
  • jwbkentucky
    jwbkentucky Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    pheregas wrote:
    On. Serious note, I think it's all become clear who is responsible for the great ISO shortage. It wasn't d3/demiurge after all.

It was Amazon. Every time more ISO was to come flooding in, I bet it corresponded with an "increased error rate."

Same holds true for 5* pull odds. Those darn error rates again.

We all owe d3/Demi an apology.

icon_e_wink.gif
    It's an Amazonian conspiracy. They could be in league with Wonder Woman. Prepare your alliances for battle.
  • rc35
    rc35 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Jomu5's post to be redacted in 5... 4... 3...
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    rc35 wrote:
    Jomu5's post to be redacted in 5... 4... 3...
    Glad I read it before it was taken away. Seems cool.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It looks like progress is being made.

https://status.aws.amazon.com/

Increased Error Rates

Update at 1:12 PM PST: S3 object retrieval, listing and deletion are fully recovered now. We are still working to recover normal operations for adding new objects to S3.

Update at 12:52 PM PST: We are seeing recovery for S3 object retrievals, listing and deletions. We continue to work on recovery for adding new objects to S3 and expect to start seeing improved error rates within the hour.

Update at 11:35 AM PST: We have now repaired the ability to update the service health dashboard. The service updates are below. We continue to experience high error rates with S3 in US-EAST-1, which is impacting various AWS services. We are working hard at repairing S3, believe we understand root cause, and are working on implementing what we believe will remediate the issue.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Excellent timing for bonus heroes i am 1 rank away from qualifying to clearance level 8
  • Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    MojoWild wrote:
    Megdar wrote:
    Cripes, guys, it's an AWS problem. Nothing to do with D3. Demanding compensation is like asking for free movies from your cable service just because the electricity went out in your neighborhood.

It is not my Internet provider the problem, or my Electricity provider. The problem is D3 using Amazon. Yes I can ask compensation when D3 provider fail. No one have the obligation to use Amazon. This is not a random poor thing happening to D3, they made a choice. If there is an Electricity shortage in D3 city and they can't provide service for the game anymore I will ask for compensation. Same thing here. This is not my stuff failing, this is their stuff.

My cab had many choices of route to take but he chose the one that we had to wait for an accident... compensation!

In fact yes, my cab choose the wrong way in the past and I was pissed off and did not tip him, it was his mistake.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    No go on iPad, iPhone or Android.
    IPhone just connected, then my iPad did, then went through this ground hog day mess where it kept reverting back to what it was before, after playing the same game four times, it might be fixed now
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks D3 and Amazon, finally had to go scoop up all the dog poo in my backyard. I demand a 5 OML yellow for making me go outside and do yard work!
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    This is actually impacting my job too, since we use AWS to an extent. Not upset or anything, but it sucks that I can't do the one thing I would usually do to kill time. I was able to get in there a for a sec and it asked me to update, so now I'm worried that the update might cause problems.
  • MojoWild
    Megdar wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:
    Megdar wrote:

In fact yes, my cab choose the wrong way in the past and I was pissed off and did not tip him, it was his mistake.

And how were you compensated?
    He should have been compensated for driving a stingy fare.
  • Megdar
    You are all so funny, you are the kind that sound like if you buy a rip shirt and you go see the store and they tell you, "Sorry, not our fault the shirt came like this at the store so we don't have to refund you"

And you would say, "Ho ok, the store did not rip the shirt not their fault"

I don't care that D3 go a broken product from their provider, they sell me this broken product and I have the right to not have a broken product.
  • Saintsfanuk
    Saintsfanuk Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    So this is going to cause a problem now for S1 PvP. I've not been able to get on and climb to 900, I'm stuck on 230. It ends in a few hours and will impact my 10k season score target.

Not able to join PvE either and that sub closes for S3 in 20 mins.

Hopefully comes back in time for PvP end.
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Megdar wrote:

I don't care that D3 go a broken product from their provider, they sell me this broken product and I have the right to not have a broken product.

You bought the game or do they charge you to play?

Did the outage make you lose the resources you bought?
  • MojoWild
    Megdar wrote:
    You are all so funny, you are the kind that sound like if you buy a rip shirt and you go see the store and they tell you, "Sorry, not our fault the shirt came like this at the store so we don't have to refund you"

That's a completely different analogy and the store would exchange it or refund you, but you wouldn't get anything extra.
  • Megdar
    edited February 2017
    The question is not if I lost a service I paid for or not. And if we should receive compensation or not in a free to play game.

The question right now is some people say a company do not have to be hold responsible when their own product provider fail.

I say yes, a company is responsible for their choice of their own provider in relation to their clients.
  • MojoWild
    Megdar wrote:
    The question is not if I lost a service I paid for or not. And if we should receive compensation or not in a free to play game.

The question right now is some people say a compagnie do not have to be hold responsible when their own product provider fail.

I say yes, a compagnie is responsible for their choice of their own provider in relation to their clients.

Thanks for sharing (eyeroll)
  • Megdar
    MojoWild wrote:
    Megdar wrote:

That's a completely different analogy and the store would exchange it or refund you, but you wouldn't get anything extra.

This is the exact same thing. Right now the thing this company provide is broken, and they can't just answer not our problem, it is our provider that broke it, not us.