Server Outage (2/28/17) [Resolved]

Comments

• TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Everyone should check their progress. All my Deadpool daily progress is gone and the heroic I got from progression gave me a Gwenpool cover which is missing as well and that is just what is noticeable.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Not looking for compensation, as that would imply they did something wrong.

I wouldn't mind if they offered me the XP I missed out on by not being able to clear the PVE nodes though...
  • Still can't get in
  • Wawa Skittletits
    Wawa Skittletits Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I'm able to get in and play now but I am missing points that I got earlier on venom heroic?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is still a little flaky. After a forced update I got in and managed 2 battles in Lord of Thunder, but had connection lost after each. I left it alone and it was back within a minute or so, but. No last minute climb in slice 1 for me, just shield and forget about even 800.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Mine appears to be working fine now on iPad and iPhone - though I'm now at a different location.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I genuinely hope that D3 gives everyone who complained that they wanted compensation what they really wanted and deserved.
    1 crit boost
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    can we get T-Shirts made? either

"I survived the Great Internet Outage of 2017", or
    "I dropped down 200 PVP points and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt"
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    bob554 wrote:
    can we get T-Shirts made? either

"I survived the Great Internet Outage of 2017", or
    "I dropped down 200 PVP points and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt"

I didn't drop down any PVP points because I was unable to climb when I had originally planned in the first place. Can I still get a t-shirt?
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I would like compensation for having to read the inevitable demands for compensation in this thread. Like an OML yellow cover. Or five.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    After all of this, my wife lost 2 years of progress and a VIP after a reinstall and Facebook reconnect. Played through the prologue and everything. She was SCL 54, now at 3.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    JablesMc wrote:
    After all of this, my wife lost 2 years of progress and a VIP after a reinstall and Facebook reconnect. Played through the prologue and everything. She was SCL 54, now at 3.

Wow, that one actually, for real, sucks. has she put in a ticket to customer support?
  • cooleyo
    cooleyo Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I'm on iOS, have been down 11 hours. Just not right, I'm caught in a loop where the game forces me to check for an update and the App Store just says Open instead of Update. Sends me back to game, which then sends me back to App Store. Thought about reinstalling but was afraid what happened to that guys wife would happen to me. At the very least I should get everything from the wave on pve and credit towards progression which I always hit.
  • cooleyo
    May have found a fix if you had the same problem I did. Although the game would send me to the App Store and the page would say Open instead of Update (including when I searched for MPQ on my own), I just thought to look through all the updates for my phone in the bottom right. MPQ was listed as Update and it worked. I would really Appreciate it if they comped me for the 11 hours I lost on this.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    cooleyo wrote:
    I'm on iOS, have been down 11 hours. Just not right, I'm caught in a loop where the game forces me to check for an update and the App Store just says Open instead of Update. Sends me back to game, which then sends me back to App Store. Thought about reinstalling but was afraid what happened to that guys wife would happen to me. At the very least I should get everything from the wave on pve and credit towards progression which I always hit.

Go into the App store directly and update, this is actually a fairly common problem. Otherwise it will auto-update probably sometime tomorrow.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    It all comes down to customer satisfaction, if players are not satisfied they will leave. It is the games responsibility to keep them satisfied. it is well within there ability to ease customer tension with an apology, free digital goods are nice as well. but most likely they are all tied up trying to fix things.
  • cooleyo
    cletus1985 wrote:
    cooleyo wrote:

Go into the App store directly and update, this is actually a fairly common problem. Otherwise it will auto-update probably sometime tomorrow.
    Yes, I had already tried that. The solution was to look through the all updates in the bottom right hand corner. When I searched directly for MPQ it said open instead of Update. Pretty frustrating day.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    An ally and I actually had a different issue.

Went in, played a node in venom, by the end of the match there was connection error. When we got back to the game we had 3/6 attempts but not full points
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    JablesMc wrote:

I would be staggered if they can't fix that. Did she send in a ticket? And if they can't fix it, no way would I start from scratch!!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Star Wars Galaxy Of Heroes sent out 500 crystals, their premium currency.
    Star Trek Timelines sent out 250 Chronitons, their premium currency.

MPQ?
    We're sorry, wasn't our fault.

All these other games (I'm sure there are a ton more) didn't _have_ to compensate.
    But it makes for goodwill if they do.

MPQ once again proves it's the stingiest of stingies when it comes to compensation, justified or not.